X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

GENESIS Reunion

Yeah, I got tickets. Still love this band. Here's the initial set list.

Initial Set List For The 2007 European Leg of the Genesis Turn It On Again Tour
    (Set List May Be Subject To Change)

Behind the Lines / Duke’s End / Turn It On Again
    No Son Of Mine
    Land of Confusion
    In The Cage / The Cinema Show / Duke’s Travels / Afterglow
    Hold on My Heart

Home by the Sea / Second Home By The Sea
    Follow You Follow Me
    Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like
    Mama

Ripples
    Throwing It All Away

Domino
    Drum Duet / Los Endos
    Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

I Can’t Dance
    Carpet Crawlers
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
    Yeah, I got tickets. Still love this band. Here's the initial set list.

Initial Set List For The 2007 European Leg of the Genesis Turn It On Again Tour
    (Set List May Be Subject To Change)

Behind the Lines / Duke’s End / Turn It On Again
    No Son Of Mine
    Land of Confusion
    In The Cage / The Cinema Show / Duke’s Travels / Afterglow
    Hold on My Heart

Home by the Sea / Second Home By The Sea
    Follow You Follow Me
    Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like
    Mama

Ripples
    Throwing It All Away

Domino
    Drum Duet / Los Endos
    Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

I Can’t Dance
    Carpet Crawlers
    Where'd you get this list?

WTF NO ABACAB???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's All? Illegal Alien? Woulda been nice but no biggy...

Well I WAS gonna go but....seein' that ABA-F@#$%-CAB's my fave Genesis song....

I guess not...
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I also love ABACAB.

Apparently, this is a written set list from rehearsals...it was posted on a fan site. It's listed as being the set list for the European tour.

It also will change throughout the tour, so they say.

I already got my two tickets. Yeah, it sucks that there's no ABACAB...but they are playing BEHIND THE LINES and FIRTH OF FIFTH...both of which are really awesome.
      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

I also love ABACAB.

Apparently, this is a written set list from rehearsals...it was posted on a fan site. It's listed as being the set list for the European tour.

It also will change throughout the tour, so they say.

I already got my two tickets. Yeah, it sucks that there's no ABACAB...but they are playing BEHIND THE LINES and FIRTH OF FIFTH...both of which are really awesome.
        I dunno man. I love the 2nd generation Genesis (couldn't relate to Gabriel's era and don't even talk about Genesis III), but Abacab still gives me goosebumps when I hear it (not kidding....I LOVE that song!)

If I had tickets I'd go (and I may still) but not playing ABACAB is a BIG dealbreaker for me. I know that may sound childish to a true fan (equivalent to a new VH fan saying if Dave & EVH don't play 'Beautiful Girls' they wouldn't go see a reunion show) but still.

Abacab. Abacab. Abacab.

Look up on the wall.....tell me do you think I'm to blame?
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• jasonmint
          Full On Cocktard
          • Dec 2004

Damn, Glad to see a couple of Genesis fans on this board, I've got about every bootleg imaginable from this band. I got my 2 tickets for the first Chicago show. Abacab would've been cool, they might be playing it by the time they get to the US, never know. A couple of surprises though, Ripples caught my attention, anything from the Trick album is welcome, IMHO. I just downloaded a bootleg of The Cage Medley from rehearsals yesterday, should be very interesting.

Comment

• cvh 2007
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jun 2007

who in the hell cares go suck phil collins' cock

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

See you at the show, brother...

I have to say, I would be much happier if they played SQUONK. That is a helluva a powerful song and hasn't been played live in many, many tours.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jasonmint
                Full On Cocktard
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by cvh 2007
                who in the hell cares go suck phil collins' cock

Class dude, glad you are doing something constructive with your summer break from elementary school...
                Last edited by jasonmint; 06-11-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• jasonmint
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Dec 2004

See you at the show, brother...

I have to say, I would be much happier if they played SQUONK. That is a helluva a powerful song and hasn't been played live in many, many tours.

Yeah, Squonk is excellent, arguably the best track of ATOTT. I believe the Mama tour was the last time it saw the light. You going to the United Centre too, that's fuckin' cool

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks, bro.

I have a very busy summer ahead of me...including the move to the city we're talking about. It's gonna be very stressful, but very cool. And I have to secure a position, hopefully full-time, for the fall.

I've had the tickets for ages...me and the gf are excited about it!

Stay cool, my friend.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jasonmint
                      Yeah, Squonk is excellent, arguably the best track of ATOTT. I believe the Mama tour was the last time it saw the light. You going to the United Centre too, that's fuckin' cool
                      Yeah, it's my favorite off that album. I also enjoy ENTANGLED a lot...and I enjoy the title track. The opener is also very good. But nothing beats SQUONK. Though I think WIND AND WUTHERING is overall slightly better, there is no song off the first three Collins albums as good as SQUONK.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jasonmint
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Dec 2004

Yeah, it's my favorite off that album. I also enjoy ENTANGLED a lot...and I enjoy the title track. The opener is also very good. But nothing beats SQUONK. Though I think WIND AND WUTHERING is overall slightly better, there is no song off the first three Collins albums as good as SQUONK.
                        Ahh, Entangled, Love It, sounded even better live. Dance on a Volcano awesome. Wind and Wuthering was probably the pinnacle for 4 man version, even though there were some tensions with Hackett during the recording of it, as happens many times, the results were great. And then There Were Three, while I believe underrated, a good not great transitional record, but they took off again with Duke.

Comment

• jasonmint
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Dec 2004

Thanks, bro.

I have a very busy summer ahead of me...including the move to the city we're talking about. It's gonna be very stressful, but very cool. And I have to secure a position, hopefully full-time, for the fall.

I've had the tickets for ages...me and the gf are excited about it!

Stay cool, my friend.
                          Wish you the best, very cool city, hopefully we'll see Vh there next year?

Comment

• katie
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

I already got my two tickets.

Who's your friend Rikk? :confused:

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Pretty lame setlist IMO. I'm no huge fan of GENITALS but how could one not like at least a few of their tracks growin' up in the early 80's? Besides that, Collins is one badass drummer!!!

Bummer cos I'd actually wanna see them if they blew through town but not with that setlist.

Fuck, I think the only song's I'd enjoy hearing would be "Turn It On Again" and "Throwin' It All Away."

Seriously, what about "Abacab" or "That's All?" Fuck, there are several Collins solo songs I'd rather hear than that set.

Sorry to bitch about a show to which I'm not even attending.

Hope you enjoy the show though Rikk!!!
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...