Can old substance abusing hasbeens still kick ass?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plexi Head
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2005

Can old substance abusing hasbeens still kick ass?

Can old substance abusing hasbeens still kick ass? You bet fuck they can, Ozzy's latest release has just proven it can be done. Black Rain is as good as anything he has done in the past. Ed and Roth should take a listen and get fucking inspired because that it what this album is.

I know CVH still has it in them
    "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Not too sure about Black Rain being as good as anything Ozzy's ever done in the past...

...would like to think CVH still has the potential to kick ass if they get back together, but not 100% sure about it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Plexi Head
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Terry
      Not too sure about Black Rain being as good as anything Ozzy's ever done in the past...

...would like to think CVH still has the potential to kick ass if they get back together, but not 100% sure about it.
      Of course this is a completely subjective opinion, he certainly sings as good as I have ever heard him before if not better.

What I'm trying to say is if this old shuffling slipper wearing guy can release something SO KICK ASS and good and believe me, Black Rain is good, so can Roth. I hear a whole bunch of people saying Roths voice is gone. I don't think so. If Ed could only strip his tone down and his playing down to basic riffs and good songs they might stand a chance.
      "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• vh rides again
        Commando
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Plexi Head
        Can old substance abusing hasbeens still kick ass? You bet fuck they can, Ozzy's latest release has just proven it can be done. Black Rain is as good as anything he has done in the past. Ed and Roth should take a listen and get fucking inspired because that it what this album is.

I know CVH still has it in them
        thats the worst shit ozzy ever recorded,it sucked,. but yeah vh can do it.

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

if anyone can pull it off its ED,AL and DAVE

Comment

• evhfan5150
            Full On Cocktard
            • Apr 2007

I hope they can do it. Black Rain isnt really a great album it is just okay but I agree with Chitown if anyone can do CVH can do it.
            "I used to have a drug problem, now I have enough money." Dave Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Watching classic Van Halen now would be like watching two old Indonesian grandmas, a fat worm farmer, and a cheesey Jew trying to hit on the underage girls in the audience.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• CROWBAR
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Watching classic Van Halen now would be like watching two old Indonesian grandmas, a fat worm farmer, and a cheesey Jew trying to hit on the underage girls in the audience.
                oh fuck Chet!

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

yeah, but as long as they could still play well...
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jharp84
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Maybe! But likely Doubtful! Is there anything else out there in today's rock music that would be better than DLR & EVH on stage sober(or maybe not)!! CVH still has it in them but the clock is ticking!!! And I'll buy your fuckin ticket to Chicago/MIlwaukee shows to restore faith!!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jharp84
                      Maybe! But likely Doubtful! Is there anything else out there in today's rock music that would be better than DLR & EVH on stage sober(or maybe not)!! CVH still has it in them but the clock is ticking!!! And I'll buy your fuckin ticket to Chicago/MIlwaukee shows to restore faith!!!
                      IM in

Comment

• thome
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2005

This could be the title of it's own thread.lol

I think Roth/Van can be relevant to the time and if scoring some young babes is the way the evening rounds up, so be it.

My OP. Any excuse to hear Dave sing some cool tunes and throw Ed in the mix...hmm... let's see..?

Can Ed hang with Roth, cause Roth is the Man .

Once Ed keys off Roth, can Roth keep up, i say yes .

I am not worried about Alex

Mike better be there or i'm out of the live shows, i will participate in the CD salea and merch.

*top Secret* keep this on the low down *

Why the wait till 2008....?

Mike will be free from his contract with the spamminator.sssshhhhh.
                        jusmyop.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

I think thome dropped too many hits of acid way back when. Yeah.

Mr. Four Way

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

And watching classic Ozzy now would be like watching an old shoe-polish-headed, stuttering truffle digger, and some menacing, EMG-wielding wankerist try to sate a bunch of dipshits that wanna see the Deftones!!!

Comment

• jharp84
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa

And watching classic Ozzy now would be like watching an old shoe-polish-headed, stuttering truffle digger, and some menacing, EMG-wielding wankerist try to sate a bunch of dipshits that wanna see the Deftones!!!

Come on Rust! Don't hold back now! Tell us how you really feel!!!

Comment

Working...