• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Check out the Fender Frankenstein

CLICK

Well many of us are Fender fans so I figured we needed to see the EVH/Fender guitar.
    Click the guitar on the link for a series of pics.
    Hey it's 25,000 but the good news is the item ships free.

Early '80s Van Halen heaven, down to every last detail.

Eddie Van Halen and Fender have joined forces to bring you EVH® brand guitars, amps and musical products, beginning with a most eagerly awaited musical event: the unveiling of a 300-instrument limited edition run of the Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein™replica guitar.
    This red, black and white ash-body guitar has been put through an astounding aging process to replicate the original down to every last scratch, ding and cigarette burn. Fender craftsmen even scoured the land for 1971 quarters just like the original Eddie at one time stuck under the original tremolo bridge to mount near the Floyd Rose® Original tremolo bridge. The guitar features a Seymour Duncan® Custom Shop EVH® humbucking pickup, a single master volume knob (that says Tone ) mounted on a partial black pickguard identical to the original. Leaving no stone unturned, the guitar is complete with a non-functional three-way switch and single-coil pickup that occupy two of the three pickup routs.
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I don't care what anyone says, if any of us could afford to pay that price to own that rep, we fucking would. Unfortunately, I don't think any one of us are millionaires? However and for the majority of us, mortgages, car payments, rent, loans, etc. take precidence. Therefore, spending one third of our yearly salary on an axe is absolutely insane.

Still, I'd LOVE to own that replica although it will never happen.

That rep is fucking incredible IMO.

Oh and on a related subject, I recently saw one of those Charvel (Gibson) EVH Art Series used at Guitar Center. It was fucking CHEAP!!! I shit you not!!! It was almost laughable... Yet and for some reason the pricetag was still in the two grand range.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I'm in the final stages of building my own. I've encountered a lot of pics of the real one and the replica. The more replicas I see, the more differences I see. The stripes are off on everyone I see. I no longer believe they are identical to his. I find some other pics, but here is one.

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

This space for rent.

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

If they built one clean and pricise without the test holes and exposed wires. You know a exact replica of his -test model- but without showing -the work-.

I would say that would be the guitar to have .

The replica is cool to but does it need all that butchering to have that trademark -I'm The One, sound?-

If I wanted one so beat up looking, i wouldn't want one factory stressed.

I would want one that looked like that because it was EVH stressed.

Probably 100k ?

Am I missing the point?It's all good, I'm just saying.
            Last edited by thome; 06-22-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Testdriving the beast at NAMM

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

I saw one in person at the guitar center. It was in a glass case with all this fancy shit, but I thought this was actually one of Ed's guitars. It's friggin' insane on the details, but not exactly worth 25K...

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

In person, does it look like a big piece of shit? I imagine it does. Looks cool from a far and in pics. I imagine in person it looks like a piece of shit
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by thome
                    If they built one clean and pricise without the test holes and exposed wires. You know a exact replica of his -test model- but without showing -the work-.

Countless people have built that exact guitar...

Comment

• Don Corleone
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

A mate of mines bought one (along with a 5150 III). I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to mine which was built by Frankenstraat for around 1/25th of the price.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I would say that would be the guitar to have .

The replica is cool to but does it need all that butchering to have that trademark -I'm The One, sound?-

If I wanted one so beat up looking, i wouldn't want one factory stressed.

I would want one that looked like that because it was EVH stressed.

Probably 100k ?

Am I missing the point?It's all good, I'm just saying.

When I was ordering my body to build mine from Warmoth, I was talking to the guy and told him what I was doing. I mentioned I wasn't going to put all the screw holes in it and make it look like shit. He said, those are tone holes. you gotta have 'em. I kinda laughed, and he was serious. to each his own
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

No two pieces of wood sound exactly the same...

No two are alike...

One may sound good with "tone holes" one may not...

LMAO!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

People are hung up on the idea that his "Frankie" gtr is everything to his sound. Give Ed any guitar of identical components (Floyd Rose,humbucker,Maple neck and Strat style body) and he could make it happen.
                            Point being ,it's all in the hands. And 25 G's is a lotta cake for a guitar.

I'd rather make my own (and I have.)
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                              People are hung up on the idea that his "Frankie" gtr is everything to his sound. Give Ed any guitar of identical components (Floyd Rose,humbucker,Maple neck and Strat style body) and he could make it happen.
                              Point being ,it's all in the hands. And 25 G's is a lotta cake for a guitar.

I'd rather make my own (and I have.)
                              I agree, and I made/make my own, too. And remember kids, "80% of your sound is in your fingers."
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...