• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Veteran
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by fryingdutchman

Mark Stone is dead.
    I fail to see how this would limit his abilities in recreating Mike Anthony's bass lines...
    Last edited by EAT MY ASSHOLE; 06-23-2007, 06:02 PM.
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• eddie78
      Head Fluffer
      • Nov 2004

So true, man.
      Crowbar thinks Michael "hot sauce" Anthony is Jaco Pastorius reborn!
      Bring on the 15 year old kid.
      He can't be any worse.

Comment

• CROWBAR
        Commando
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by eddie78
        So true, man.
        Crowbar thinks Michael "hot sauce" Anthony is Jaco Pastorius reborn!
        Bring on the 15 year old kid.
        He can't be any worse.
        I'm thru arguing with you, you immature dumbass. No where have I ever said that Michael Anthony was Jaco Pastorius. No where! And you know it. Your lame cheap jabs at me are wasted. As numerous people here have now told you, the success of VH wasn't due to just Ed, it took all four founding members to make a whole. You cannot seem to grasp the fact that Ed was only one fourth. You also cannot separate Ed the musician from Ed the person. You sit here and wonder why people take jabs at him, many here, as well as other places, have already clarified that. You can't be that stupid.

Peeps here, get ready for another troll mission.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Veteran
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by CROWBAR
          You cannot seem to grasp the fact that Ed was only one fourth.
          Are you saying that Dave was also a mere 25% of what made VH great? Because I would have to disagree. Mike and Al were disposable, INHO. It was Dave and Ed that made the band unique and who wrote all the songs and created the bands image and buzz.
          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TVGUY
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2007

Getting a Van Halen reunion tour for 2007 has about the same odds as Mark Stone getting his dusty old bones about a bass guitar.
            Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• eddie78
              Head Fluffer
              • Nov 2004

Crowbar, listen to the poster below your rant.
              Everything that guy says, in every thread i have read, makes sense.
              Ed & Dave are the creative center of VH.
              Not the drummer, not the Bass player (or the guy playing video games while Ed wrote & recorded things like Fair Warning).
              Mikey Anthony is, without doubt, a nice guy.
              25% of VH?
              Nope.
              Physically, maybe.
              Artistically, creatively, musically...maybe 1 %.
              Crowbar, it all starts in Ed's brain...even Dave admitted saying pre-1984, he was frustrated because when he asked, "What have you got ED?" There was nothing on the horizon.
              Dave bailed, but that's another story.
              Ed & Dave may not have been equals as musicians, since Ed was a virtuoso, but Dave contributed lyrics & melodies, alongside his role as master showman.
              Don't kid yourself, otherwise.

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

A Band, breaks down to a hundred different things. The Individual musicians ,the writing ,the breaks ,in the writing, the pitch, of the drum head towards the mic, the distance they stand from each other while recording, or if even in the same town , the light in the room.

I feel that if there are -Background Vocals- on a tune, do they have a unique sound...?

Mikes Bass was great but his background vocals were very signature VH.On time and Important.

One of the Trademark notables / noticables, about the band. To say he was less than 25% of the total sound is silly.Unreal and UnBelievable.

We can break this band down like any band it takes 5000 people to put out a LP and a Tour maybe 10,000.

To say VH is 100% of 4/1000 of that is stupid (Do we have a math guy around here)

The Fabulous Money 4 are VAN HALEN. 100% of it !! The rest is people who get things noticed or put together.

They are Important but without the 4 there is no work.

Fight The Power!

Comment

• KING OF THE HIL
                  Groupie
                  • Mar 2004

NO NO NO NO ALL OF YOU ARE WAY OFF
                  THIS IS WHY 3 LETTERS
                  EVH
                  THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

Working...