Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

if it aint lone star its treason. haha it is gross though...the cool thing is that in texas all of the major beer brands put a symbol of texas on the front......and shiner is from texas so that makes up for lone star 10 fold
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Don't they have any decent microbrews down there? I'd think Austin or Houston would at least.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Christ you people can't read.

Where in the fuck did I ever say Ed was 1/7th of Van Halen?

Wow...I just noticed this is my 13,000th post!

I said spEd was 1/7th of what you hear on the record.

spEd did not produce the record.
        spEd did not engineer the record.
        spEd did not master the record.
        spEd did not play drums on the record.
        spEd did not sing lead vocals on the record (thank god)
        Unless I am mistaken spEd did not play bass on the record.

All he did was play guitar.

Sure he WAS a great guitarist.

But the first 6 albums by Van Halen were not by any stretch of the imagination spEd solo records where he played all the instruments, wrote all the lyrics, sang all the vocals, produced, engineered and mastered the fucking record.

Is it plain as mud to you guys now?

Or should you go back to kindergarten and learn how to read fucking English all over again????
        Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-24-2007, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• BirdsEyeMaple
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jun 2007

and spEd did not choose the cover tunes to play either.I find it curious that his song writing ability is being worshiped but he has said that he has so much stuff ready to go and recorded yet all he's done since 1985 is crap.and seriously if anyone thinks that Eat Em And Smile is as poor as any of the Sam Halen records they need to have their ears unclogged and they have sh!t taste in music.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
            Sniper
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BirdsEyeMaple
            if anyone thinks that Eat Em And Smile is as poor as any of the Sam Halen records they need to have their ears unclogged and they have sh!t taste in music.
            After the breakup, Dave had to put a "band" together, and all VH brothers had to do is find a singer. Dave went out and hired, IN MY OPINION, the best rock bass and guitar player around. And Gregg Bissonette was great drummer too. And what did VH brothers do..... They hired a Bette Midler Impersonator. Van Hagar's keyboard influenced bubble gum crap, was perfect for the mid-80's. Put that crap in todays music, it falls flat on it's face. Now, put VH1 in todays music, it stands the test of time. Eat Em' And Smile melts anything Van Hagar did. Eat Em' And Smile is the most under-rated rock album of all time!!:confused:
            https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• Eddie's Booze
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              After the breakup, Dave had to put a "band" together, and all VH brothers had to do is find a singer. Dave went out and hired, IN MY OPINION, the best rock bass and guitar player around. And Gregg Bissonette was great drummer too. And what did VH brothers do..... They hired a Bette Midler Impersonator. Van Hagar's keyboard influenced bubble gum crap, was perfect for the mid-80's. Put that crap in todays music, it falls flat on it's face. Now, put VH1 in todays music, it stands the test of time. Eat Em' And Smile melts anything Van Hagar did. Eat Em' And Smile is the most under-rated rock album of all time!!:confused:
              Yeap, Billy Sheenan is the greatest Bass Player ever, hands down.

Steve Vai was a great guitar player but Dave's first choice was going to be Yngwie Malmsteen. Yngwie was recommend to Dave by Billy who was first person Dave hired when he left Van Halen.

Greg Bissonette is an INCREDIBLE drummer.....one of the most versatile drummers on the Planet.

Dave and his band were fantastic they made Music that was years ahead on it's time.

And of course Eddie sold out making 3rd rate Journey songs......

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...moking_dog.jpg

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                Sniper
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eddie's Booze
                1. Yeap, Billy Sheenan is the greatest Bass Player ever, hands down.

2. Steve Vai was a great guitar player but Dave's first choice was going to be Yngwie Malmsteen. Yngwie was recommend to Dave by Billy who was first person Dave hired when he left Van Halen.

3. Dave and his band were fantastic they made Music that was years ahead on it's time.

4. And of course Eddie sold out making 3rd rate Journey songs......

I haven't learned how to break down quotes, so I numbered your points.

1. As a bass player myself, I think Stu Hamm and Victor Wooten are just as good. But the styles they play wasn't right for Eat Em' And Smile or Skyscraper. Billy kicks ass on those records. When I first heard Talas, my jaw dropped. In 1985, when the Eat Em' And Smile tour came around here, I saw Billy play "Eruption" on bass. ENOUGH SAID....

2. IN MY OPINION, Steve Vai is the best all around guitar player ever.. I we could could ask Jimi Hendrix, what guitar player has carried on his vision, I know he would say Steve. Yngwie is a killer soloist, but I think he's a one trick pony. Dave made right choice.

3. Your right, my friend... Eat Em' And Smile and Skyscaper flew over almost everyones head. Except yours and mine.

4. That Journey quote of yours, was way too funny. BUT DEAD ON!

Comment

• CROWBAR
                  Commando
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

Sure he WAS a great guitarist.

But the first 6 albums by Van Halen were not by any stretch of the imagination spEd solo records where he played all the instruments, wrote all the lyrics, sang all the vocals, produced, engineered and mastered the fucking record.
                  Don't tell this to eddie78. He thinks there was nobody else around to help contribute! Just a one man band, that Ed.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    I said spEd was 1/7th of what you hear on the record.

Or should you go back to kindergarten and learn how to read fucking English all over again????
                    Oh, shut up bitch. Bottom line: Those records would have sounded remarkably similar WHOEVER was sitting in the producers chair and whoever was playing the role of engineer. Would they have sounded remotely similar if Ted and Donn were there, but Ed wasn't?

You said it in your own fucking post, you walking fucking duncecap. I don't need to go back to kintergarten (note the correct spelling, dumbass) to learn to read, YOU need to go back (for the sixth time, lol) to learn how to WRITE.
                    Last edited by EAT MY ASSHOLE; 06-24-2007, 08:19 PM.
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by eddie78
                      Dave was the icing on the cake from 78-84, but Ed was/is the whole fucking cake.
                      Am i wrong, am i somehow misguided?
                      Yes, a "whole" cake has icing...

Comment

• Dave2007
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2007

Fuck sped! It's time for the Dave tour! The Vanheineken sisters will rip off no more gas money for the yacht from the fans- they are cut off! Dave=sold out stadium-no Dave =welfare cheese
                        do the math

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Oh, shut up bitch. Bottom line: Those records would have sounded remarkably similar WHOEVER was sitting in the producers chair and whoever was playing the role of engineer. Would they have sounded remotely similar if Ted and Donn were there, but Ed wasn't?

You said it in your own fucking post, you walking fucking duncecap. I don't need to go back to kintergarten (note the correct spelling, dumbass) to learn to read, YOU need to go back (for the sixth time, lol) to learn how to WRITE.
                          It is obvious you cannot comprehend English, fucktard.

Regardless of whoever was producing or engineering, yes they would have sounded similar.

But that does not change the fact that spEd is only 1/7th of the team which created the records.
                          Bitch.
                          Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-25-2007, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• MUSICMAN64
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2004

They need each other. Neither one of their careers flourished after the break up. Sure VH had number 1 albums, but I personally think they were riding the wave of popularity they created when Dave was in the band. VH certainly did not get any better, and the songs they wrote with Sammy weren't nearly as good as the classic 6.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              [B I don't need to go back to kintergarten (note the correct spelling, dumbass)

[/B]
                              I could be wrong, but I think hardrock69 spelled it right.:confused:

kin·der·gar·ten (kndr-gärtn, -dn)
                              n. Abbr. K
                              A program or class for four-year-old to six-year-old children that serves as an introduction to school.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MUSICMAN64
                                Sure VH had number 1 albums, but I personally think they were riding the wave of popularity they created when Dave was in the band.
                                Chalk those #1's to the 1980's. If Georgios-Kyriacos Panayiotou (aka George Michael) can have 2 #1 albums in that era, then I would hope Van Hagar would have one too.

Comment

Working...