Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: melodicrock says tour to start in september

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-26-2014 @ 09:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I want a origional lineup VH more than anyone else, but thats not gong to happen, atleast if this is true and they are going to tour. I'll say this, having Dave back, and losing Mike is a trillion times better than having Mike and no Dave. We went that route for 10 fucking yrs. and it sucked.

Whatever Mike did, the friendship has been severed and at these guys age, i can't see them kissing and making up, like they have done with Dave, their getting told old.

I truthfully don't mind Ed'd son playing. If the kid is as hot as they say he is, Mike won't be missed, other than everyone knows that he isn't there and it's a 75% classic VH.

I'll take what i can get, and enjoy it. But really, who would have been paying attention if Mike would have been there. I want to see Dave up front and center, where he always belonged.

Fuck MA, three VH's and Dave is all i need.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm a big sucker! Like always, I'm excited and like always I'll probably be let down. Just one time I would like Lucy to let me kick the football. Just one time baby!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Yeah, well, neither are Dave's hun.'
    thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 11:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

yeah this may be true but mike isnt the lead vocalist so people arent going to say much about his voice

Spammy's fucked now
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-09-2016 @ 02:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I wish they did an album first or released some new material with a greatest hits package with DVD, although I prefer the first option. Wolgang isn't the youngest dude to play bass in a band by far, how many had started at 16 or 17? I really think he'll rejuvenate everyone around him, I just hope they keep it together. On Mike, well it's a shame but he was lured away from VH by Sammy, Sammy is smart but he'll end up creasing in his pants when the Real Van Halen lets it rip.
    I really think he's desperate
    for this reunion to stall, it's a shame it didn't happen 11 years ago, when he would have been put in his place, now most people have forgotten about Van Halen and he will be grateful for that

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Redballjets88
    yeah this may be true but mike isnt the lead vocalist so people arent going to say much about his voice
    LOL...thats pretty much all the Mikey supporters talk about.... "Mikey's amazing back up vocals" and they sometimes mention his bassplaying.

aka BANTONELLI, DLR Babe
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2009 @ 03:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me. Although, I'd love to see him spell the old man on guitar.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

You notice how Dave is completely mum of this whole thing? It's only Ed and Al that are tossing shitbombs at Mike (if you believe everything you read that is). Well, they've fucked up the act before and they'll just keep going with it. But the short memories here are astounding. Ed and Al are simply employing the same self-serving hatchet-man shit they used to bury in Dave's back. Edwad: "Oooooh, look at my son! He's a shreddah'! Unlike that cunt Mikey." Yeah, fuck Ed. The same shit, different guy. How's his singin' Ed? Does he have your grate pipes? Wasn't he talking about the new musical possibilities they had with Sam because they could now write pussified-power ballads in so many new keys, so long ago? Whatever, man. You know?

Well, enjoy whatever this amounts to while it lasts --if it happens at all. But fuck, I'm waiting for those two pricks to again screw Dave ala' MTV Awards style and hire the ex-Journey singer once they've generated a little buzz (to kill, later, with a means to yet be determined)... How many say I?

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2007 @ 03:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.
    What I think would be great...is Dave doing some Hagar bullshit music and actually improving it because he's such a fucking superior singer. Just one song to prove how much he kicks ass to all the effing Sammy fans who don't wanna admit it. Dave doesn't sound like he did back in the 70's, cuz voices wear out when you get older (well, except maybe in the case of Dio, where he actually sounds as amazing now as he ever did) but I think that Dave still sounds spectacular, and he still has charisma.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL...thats pretty much all the Mikey supporters talk about.... "Mikey's amazing back up vocals" and they sometimes mention his bassplaying.
    so by mikey supporters you mean sammy right? other than him i dont think there is a person on earth who likes mikey the best out of the band

aka BANTONELLI, DLR Babe
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2009 @ 03:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Well NickyD - it would be hard to argue your points - they are valid, BUT... I think the reason why I'd support this band with Wolfie on Bass is that regardless of what Ed and Al DO...I'm a ROTH Fan and it's he who brings out the enthusiasm for this band for me. Regardless of who's on Bass, Dave will front and he'll make it fun and give 200%. Wolfie digs Dave and what CVH represented. I think the fresh blood gives VH a new vibe and he's not going to change the classics. He will follow his Dad's lead and if this is the ONLY way to get ED and Dave together...then so be it. When you hear them, it will sound like Van Halen...the only difference is the visual and some background vocals. I've seen Dave many times on his solo tours doing CVH and it sounds fantastic, despite the fact that Bassplayer is not singing background vocals or playing bass.

If the brothers screw Dave, they know they've screwed themselves. No one will ever accept a Jeff Scott Soto or anyone else fronting "Van Halen". Should they decide to try to kick Dave to the curb (which I highly doubt this time), then they will hopefully be intelligent enough to call retire the "Van Halen" name.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

thats my point

Um, no. I never mentioned anything about 'Dave's voice.' His voice has nothing to do with it, it's not about Mike vs. Dave singing since Mikey did the background vocals, did he not?

Who's going to replace that?

And if Dave can't screech like he used too, you've just said his voice in not what it was in 1984, which can only be expected. Spin it however you wish..

Not one of those guys is going to sound exactly like they did in 1984. I am pretty sure Wolfie wasn't even alive, which means he probably shouldn't even be on the stage. It's just the most retarded nepotism shit I've seen in rock. Even Jason Bonham had his own band...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
    I'm a big sucker! Like always, I'm excited and like always I'll probably be let down. Just one time I would like Lucy to let me kick the football. Just one time baby!
    fuck yes, c'mon lucy lighten up

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Redballjets88
    so by mikey supporters you mean sammy right? other than him i dont think there is a person on earth who likes mikey the best out of the band
    I mean all the people who think that Mike's former sound can not be duplicated. :p

It can be duplicated.

No, it won't be CVH, I agree.

And in some ways that is sad. But fairly easy to get over.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
    Well NickyD - it would be hard to argue your points - they are valid, BUT... I think the reason why I'd support this band with Wolfie on Bass is that regardless of what Ed and Al DO...I'm a ROTH Fan and it's he who brings out the enthusiasm for this band for me. Regardless of who's on Bass, Dave will front and he'll make it fun and give 200%. Wolfie digs Dave and what CVH represented. I think the fresh blood gives VH a new vibe and he's not going to change the classics. He will follow his Dad's lead and if this is the ONLY way to get ED and Dave together...then so be it. When you hear them, it will sound like Van Halen...the only difference is the visual and some background vocals. I've seen Dave many times on his solo tours doing CVH and it sounds fantastic, despite the fact that Bassplayer is not singing background vocals or playing bass.

If the brothers screw Dave, they know they've screwed themselves. No one will ever accept a Jeff Scott Soto or anyone else fronting "Van Halen". Should they decide to try to kick Dave to the curb (which I highly doubt this time), then they will hopefully be intelligent enough to call retire the "Van Halen" name.
    Fine. And you may have a great time at any shows that take place. I hope you do. But to me it ain't classic Van Halen. It's just another disappointment. Another opportunity in which they've come up short and squandered much potential. I just wish 50-something year olds could be a bit less petty than menstruating teen girls. But why expect anything more at this point?

Ha! Who can photoshop a Van Halen "Mean Girls" movie poster?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Um, no. I never mentioned anything about 'Dave's voice.' ...
    so when you said....

Yeah, well, neither are Dave's hun.'
    what were you talking about?
    :confused:

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Spin it however you wish...

... I am pretty sure Wolfie wasn't even alive, which means he probably shouldn't even be on the stage. ...

thats the craziest spin I have heard so far.

congrats!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...
    Fucking A! 100% agreed.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

so when you said....

what were you talking about?
    :confused:

Out of context kiddo...

I'm talking about how you laid out this whole "everybody talks about Dave's voice, but Mike's sucks now too..." --as if that's some sort of argument as too why he need not be there. Well, prior to that post, I wasn't talking about Dave's voice. I only said that Mike's backing vocals are integral to CVH. So, what do they doi without him? Can Wolfie pull it off? Do they get a chick to sing backup? (which would be so gay and un-CVH, it's not funny!)...

I only mentioned it AFTER YOU DID...

So, since Dave's voice isn't what it used to be, should he be replaced too?

'Cause it's not like spEd and Alice have said as much when they brought in Gary. But the minute Dave's back with 'em, it's all good? yeah, uhuh...

Actually, I could make a pretty good argument that since NONE of those guys can play or sing like they did in the glory years, maybe they should forgo any sort of pseudo-reunion...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I would like to see the line-up intact, CVH is what it was.

I guess it comes down to I would rather see Dave, Ed, Al, and Wolfie than Sam, Ed, Al, and Mike.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

exactly

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2012 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What was the last VH CD that Mike played on?

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

NONE of those guys can play or sing like they did in the glory years, maybe they should forgo any sort of pseudo-reunion...
    If Eddie's playing is like a couple years ago, what difference does it make what's going on on bass.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All I was saying...is that

1. a lot of people say that Dave's voice sucks compared to 1984. And I do not agree.

2. not many people say that Mike's voice sucks compared to 1984. But, it does.

I argue that Mike's former background vocals are not a valid reason for Mike to be there now.

IMO, the only valid argument at this point is that its not CVH without all 4. And if that fact stops anyone from going to a show, thats their option. But, they are foolish to think that it won't sound the same because Mike's not there. It wouldn't sound the same WITH Mike there. They all sound different. Some sound better (Dave), some sound worse(Mike).

Here's another spin...For all we know, Wolf sounds more like Mike did in 1984 than Mike does now.

LOL.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's another spin...For all we know, Wolf sounds more like Mike did in 1984 than Mike does now.
    That's a nice thought....lets hope it's true! Haha, I told myself I wouldn't get excited over this...but here I am...anticipating a reunion without any news from the band members.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-14-2015 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Man, Mike must have done something worse than hang out with Sammy for Ed to be sober and still be this pissed.

Any ideas?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by lonnieg5
    Man, Mike must have done something worse than hang out with Sammy for Ed to be sober and still be this pissed.

Any ideas?
    I think Ed just needed an excuse to bump Mike to get Wolf in there. When Mike opened his mouth about Ed...there it was. His fate was sealed.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-24-2007 @ 01:45 PM
    paradise where it is impossible for a chick to turn you down
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

this is the best news ive heard scince sammys butt lover wouldnt be in van halen.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2012 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think Ed just needed an excuse to bump Mike to get Wolf in there. When Mike opened his mouth about Ed...there it was. His fate was sealed.
    That is part of it but I think that there is more to it than that.

NO BAGGAGE
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-06-2008 @ 10:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

In away i don't blame mike for holding out last tour he was payed a salary and was cut out of a lot of money . remember his interview

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

thats my point

I only saw 2 clips of Mike's singing lately and I agree but my guess is it's from a lack of practice or no one kicking his ass to do his best.

I'm split due to the fact that if Dave's back it would be best to get Mike in there for the CVH thing 1 last time ..however..
    if Ed's more inspired with the kid in there, he'll play better .
    If Ed's playing is better, the Dave/Ed dynamic will be that much stronger. And Dave's voice won't be an issue if he's been practicing with these guys regularly since it will be in shape.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This might sound odd but think about this: I don't think Mike showing up at the ceremony eariler this year and saying I love ya man to Ed after Ed trashed him six ways to Sunday helped his cause in the slightest.

you can't respect someone who kisses your ass...it just doesn't work. -Ferris B. : D

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

And another new rumour...

It means loads of booze again when the tour is officially announced, and... big loads once more when it's postponed one more fucking time.

Maybe there are way more chances to see VH reunited when they pay visit to Ed in rehab next time.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    And another new rumour...

It means loads of booze again when the tour is officially announced, and... big loads once more when it's postponed one more fucking time.

Maybe there are way more chances to see VH reunited when they pay visit to Ed in rehab next time.

Sadly this sometimes seems more possible than an actual reunion tour.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    What was the last VH CD that Mike played on?
    Possibly Baaaaaa-lance??

He didn't play a note on VDIII, even the sheep know that. Or the three failed Van Hagar songs from 2004.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

**Burrrrrrrp**
    Last edited by FORD; 07-02-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by lonnieg5

Any ideas?
    There's a story going around that Sobolewski failed to show up at Ma Van Halen's funeral when she passed away. Dave & Sammy both paid their respects. Not sure about Cherone, but he probably would have called or something, because he seems like a decent enough guy. Plus, Gary might have got a pass here, because his total time with the band was about 3 years, and he didn't have a history going back to playing in various parents' basements, like Mike did.

Since it seems that both Ed and Alex have personal issues with Mike, I'd pick this scenario over the "touring with Hagar" thing.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

Originally posted by JMJ
    www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

VAN HALEN LOOKING AT 2007 LIVE DATES:
    So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

guess mike is out and wolf is in. one would think if september is a start date, tickets would be going on sale very soon, like this month

oh, hey max
    Welcome to the Army! Did you get tired of the stench of sheepshit?

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    Possibly Baaaaaa-lance??

He didn't play a note on VDIII, even the sheep know that. Or the three failed Van Hagar songs from 2004.

Even Right Now is suspect.

Ed was accused of playing bass on it by one of the guitar player magazine's interviewers.

The response Ed gave was "Why'd you have to say that?."

(Now if Mike had played on it, wouldn't Ed have just said Mike played on it?)

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2007 @ 05:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

well well now i say.....

got me a sticky at the army
    i know i know i'm thinkin fuck it
    gonna be a tour this comin fall
    if ya don't like it, ya know where ta stick it

i'm tired of the same old banter to be honest with ya ford. whine whine whine. some people will never be happy. i understand all the arguments and opinions people have/make. but at the end of the day, yer either a fan of the band or yer not. wish we could count all the people who say they won't go that will end up going, that is if this thing even happens.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2007 @ 05:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

well well now i say.....

got me a sticky at the army
    i know i know i'm thinkin fuck it
    gonna be a tour this comin fall
    if ya don't like it, ya know where ta stick it

i'm tired of the same old banter to be honest with ya ford. whine whine whine. some people will never be happy. i understand all the arguments and opinions people have/make. but at the end of the day, yer either a fan of the band or yer not. wish we could count all the people who say they won't go that will end up going, that is if this thing even happens.

Thread Information