• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
    Yeap..you discovered me SI. For that, I've got your back.
    Im liking that......

Hey, Im always glad to see inventive posts/posters......and you came right out of left field, ready to be imvolved....and with passion, too...

I also happen to like creativity and intelligence....
    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• thefive

Re: DLR's hair loss ruined Skyscraper

Look at all the people here tonight to ponder this little drippy So it probably started at the end of the EEAS tour when he pulled out that crappy rug/hair piece/Shatner hat/whatever the fuck, off his head and realized that the forest was not coming back.
      I see people on this board saying this. But where do you get this shit from???? How do you know for a fact Dave was wearing a wig?

Comment

• Sweet Irony
        She's the Woman
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

kidvegas----did you mean to post at redrocker.com??

You are entitled to your own opinions. of course, but not all of what you say about DLR is correct...I saw him up close & personal last year, and it was a great night......He looked good, sounded good, and the show was out of this world.......in fact, 'heaven right here on earth'..

Comment

• thefive

Re: DLR's hair loss ruined Skyscraper

Look at all the people here tonight to ponder this little drippy nugget:

How do you go from the brilliant punchy skull fuck of Eat Em to the slick commercial stagnation of Skyscraper? Simple: Hair Loss + Insecurity = paranoid Napoleonic Complex.

Now, the songs are not the problem; there is some great stuff on there but DLR's heavy production is.

So it probably started at the end of the EEAS tour when he pulled out that crappy rug/hair piece/Shatner hat/whatever the fuck, off his head and realized that the forest was not coming back.

In a tearful moment of lost youth he threw the hair helmet across the room, slammed his fist down and vowed that the world would take him seriously as an artist. He would no longer hide his thinning locks or be burdened by an image. After crying some more he combed his hair forward (like a good Roman soldier would), tied on a bandanna and headed off the The Rainbow.

Nobody would/could stop him. By the time the record was done the music was tighter that a rhino sphincter. Each track was strangely layered (like his hair) to conceal what was truly hidden underneath. Raw power coated with a plastic sheen. Every aspect of his life started to become synthetic. I'm sure he was even banging groupies with the bandanna on and probably went ape shit if they ran their fingers through his weakened nest.

Mark my words: had Dave not excessively thinned, the Skyscraper album would have been fat. It may have even been better than EEAS but fate (and shitty genetics) had a different idea.

We are all Dave fans but ask yourself what if..what if Dave didn't have a bald spot that you could see from the top of a Skyscraper. Psychologically, he would be an entirely different person.

It is called Reality my friend. Who cares about Dave's hair. Michael Anthony was losing his hair during Fair warning time.

I smell some sheep here.

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
            Not his best, but I'm a big fan of Skyscraper. The main reason for it's pop reputation is "Just Like Paradise", but there are some amazing songs on the album.
            Exactly great album

Comment

• flappo
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Ass flap: Read my reply to Panamark.

You write some really funny shit here on the forum and I thought you would appreciate something different.

You know what a dickhead is? Someone who follows the group without without trying to be different. I'm no sheep and I stand by my thoughts.

So, you and I can agree to disagree, bury the hatchet and hopefully be friends or I can kick your balls in on a daily basis. "Wot" is it going to be?

Mezro...guess I'm a "fakkin kant!"

..you take ME on ?

..now that IS funny

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                She's the Woman
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

He can do it.......

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
                  He can do it.......
                  How?

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                    She's the Woman
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Creativity, intelligence, wit and a quick mind will always prevail....

Comment

• thefive

One moment please.-the five is taking a hit of chinese red hair-the most powerful weed in China-

Okay I will agree to that.

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                        She's the Woman
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Damn, 5....are you sure you need that??!

Comment

• Mezro
                          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Re: Re: DLR's hair loss ruined Skyscraper

Originally posted by thefive
                          I see people on this board saying this. But where do you get this shit from???? How do you know for a fact Dave was wearing a wig?
                          Hey Fiver,

First off: I'm a huge Dave fan but his "hair mystery" is a sub plot I'm fascinated by.

The EEAS wig/weave/Shatner hat/Hair Club for Men cap is easy: take a look at his hair line on the 1984 tour and then in some of the EEAS tour/promo photos. He has 3 times as much hair up front and more thickness up top. Also, in some of the EEAS live shots all his hair is soaked in sweat except the front/top...clear sign of some type of synthetic hair appliance.

Mezro..going crazy from the hair thread heat
                          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Mezro
                            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by flappo
                            ..you take ME on ?

..now that IS funny
                            Yeah it is funny that you would even try to take me on. But, I did (sort of) try to bury the hatchet with you in another thread.

Really up to you. I'd like to get along with you Flappo but have no plans of taking shit from you in the process.

Mezro...i'll wait

Comment

• Mezro
                              Full Member Status

• May 2004

SI always speaks the truth.

Mezro...the truth will set you free (so will me wise magic)

Comment

• Mezro
                                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by thefive
                                One moment please.-the five is taking a hit of chinese red hair-the most powerful weed in China-

Okay I will agree to that.
                                The first rule of chinese red hair club: do not talk about chinese red hair.

The second rule of chinese red hair club: shave down a chinese girl so that there is no red hair there.

Mezro..because red and yellow hair taco is just plain loco

Comment

Working...