• Dec 2006

hahahaa...this makes me feel better about my '96 mercury sable

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        The Reliant K. LOL!

I get ya, but Iacocca in your picture is standing next to a Ford. The Reliant K was a Chrysler product.
        I get ya, but I was referring to the piece of shit Ford Granada to begin with. Like, Iacoocoo got all his ideas for the K from the G. The Granada we had was a piece of shit - some kinda nightmarish fake emerald green...like a rolling mood ring with lotsa wind noise. My mom would always go, "is a window open?" I was embarrassed to ride in that car. Our other ride was this Datsun 310 station wagon...it smelled like YZ80 2-stroke oil mix, 'cause that's the way we took my YZ80 to the hare scrambles/motocross track. See, we'd lay the bike on it's side with the back open..gas would leak out, and the fucking car would smell like gasoline for days. I wasn't embarrassed to ride in the Datsun....hell, I'd sit in it in the driveway with the windows up!!!

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

Yah ever ditched -High- school class and drove around and well you know herbalized the the deallio.

We, were in all kinds of cars, never one so "bubblie" as the -moon unit-Pacer. Oh my ! When your inside the car, it's like your REALLY! in the car, quite extraordinary.

Please do not be inside the car at a stop sign, the windows go all the way down, to THE GROUND!!!

People will look across at you at stop signs from other cars the windows start at your hips.. and they will know your -inside- the car... they can see us MAN! They Know were in here !!!

FLOOR IT THEY CAN SEE US!! NO NO man be cool...

We are in the car ...Yeah but are we really inside or is the car just around us........ thanks dude..... I'm cool now........FLOOR IT!!!

Black Dog cranked..., was the tune of choice 11 hippies in a Pacer.

We are cool ,man no one can see us .

Good Times

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            LOL My old man had a roving dome...

we had a Pacer. AMC loaned a bunch of them out to employees before they were released to the public. mom drove it most of the time, dad still drove the Cherokee.

we always had an AMC around...three or four different CJ's...two different Cherokees...a Hornet...mom bought a Matador wagon when they got divorced, that was the biggest POS of them all. screamin' yellow with the woodgrain.

now i have my old Jeep pickup...and so far it ain't too bad.

i forgot...my cousin had a Gremlin, and my grandmother traded a MINTY BARELY DRIVEN Chevy II on an AMC Concord, which was really a fancy four-door Hornet.
            Last edited by twonabomber; 07-26-2007, 11:44 PM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
              It's a tie between the AMC Pacer and the Gremlin.
              Ha! I was just waiting and it didn't take long! LOL!
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

Chrysler Cordoba

Over styled, ugliest ride ,ever, jeez it's like the designer took 25 of the highest priced cars in the world cut one part off each duck taped them together and thar she BLOWS!

The one I rode in was so soft we never stopped bouncing up and down .
                Last edited by thome; 07-27-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  we had a Pacer. AMC loaned a bunch of them out to employees before they were released to the public. mom drove it most of the time, dad still drove the Cherokee.

we always had an AMC around...three or four different CJ's...two different Cherokees...a Hornet...mom bought a Matador wagon when they got divorced, that was the biggest POS of them all. screamin' yellow with the woodgrain.

now i have my old Jeep pickup...and so far it ain't too bad.

i forgot...my cousin had a Gremlin, and my grandmother traded a MINTY BARELY DRIVEN Chevy II on an AMC Concord, which was really a fancy four-door Hornet.
                  You know, the AMCs weren't really that bad quality wise...

Some of the Jeep Cherokees had problems, but what is funny is that it was the ones that had Chevy 2.8L engines (AMC bought them because they couldn't produce enough).

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

those were the baby (XJ) Cherokees. the big ol' SJ's had mostly AMC engines, some early ones had Buicks. those 2.8's were the worst, but the six out of an 80's Camaro is an easy swap.

the inline six in my Wrangler is an AMC design and those fuckers allegedly run forever. i'm only at 130k though.

it was funny when we were tearing apart the truck to put new floors and rockers in...my dad was saying shit like "there should be six spot welds here, but depending on if it was Monday/Friday/close to quitting time/close to lunch time there may be five spot welds..." and the floor supports on the cab were rust-free, whatever they were treated with is still working. for some 20 year old steel it's pretty clean.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by thome
                      When your inside the car, it's like your REALLY! in the car, quite extraordinary.
                      speaking of extraordinary...the roadster shit crosses the decades!

we had basically every genre of vehicular-based mantra in our old neighborhood...

you know....rednecks in trucks...rednecks in hotrods...freaks in matadors...typical run-of-the-mill socialization.

there's always the dipshit in a roadster though...to this day! back in the old neighborhood...there was this pudgy dude that would cram-pack himself into an OPEL.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                        I get ya, but I was referring to the piece of shit Ford Granada to begin with. Like, Iacoocoo got all his ideas for the K from the G. The Granada we had was a piece of shit - some kinda nightmarish fake emerald green...like a rolling mood ring with lotsa wind noise. My mom would always go, "is a window open?" I was embarrassed to ride in that car. Our other ride was this Datsun 310 station wagon...it smelled like YZ80 2-stroke oil mix, 'cause that's the way we took my YZ80 to the hare scrambles/motocross track. See, we'd lay the bike on it's side with the back open..gas would leak out, and the fucking car would smell like gasoline for days. I wasn't embarrassed to ride in the Datsun....hell, I'd sit in it in the driveway with the windows up!!!
                        What I find horrifying is if I died in that car crash I would have died in a Reliant K car and how fucking lame is that?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

My dad had a 1930 Model A Ford with a leaky shut off valve that would drip gas into the passenger compartment. The fumes would give you a headache and please don't light a match!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by thome

Chrysler Cordoba

Over styled, ugliest ride ,ever, jeez it's like the designer took 25 of the highest priced cars in the world cut one part off each duck taped them together and thar she BLOWS!

The one I rode in was so soft we never stopped bouncing up and down .
                            That was the car Ricarto Monteban from Fantasy Island and Wrath of Kahn fame used to pimp right? He used to make a big deal that the seats were "Corinthian" leather. Whatever that fucking means. Biblical leather from Greece I guess. LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                              speaking of extraordinary...the roadster shit crosses the decades!

we had basically every genre of vehicular-based mantra in our old neighborhood...

you know....rednecks in trucks...rednecks in hotrods...freaks in matadors...typical run-of-the-mill socialization.

there's always the dipshit in a roadster though...to this day! back in the old neighborhood...there was this pudgy dude that would cram-pack himself into an OPEL.
                              Ha! My older brother drove one and so did the kid nextdoor. They had Opel disease and even worse, the nextdoor kid's mom drove an AMC Pacer! LOL! An Opel and Pacer in the same driveway! Then their favorite tree in the frontyard caught a disease and died. I still swear it was those ugly cars that did the tree in.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Ha! I saw a white VW Thing two days ago driving around. It had been restored like new and it looked like it needed the Fantasy Island dudes in it.

Used to be a white VW Thing around here that had zebra stripes on it. Or maybe they were tiger stripes, but it was black & white in either case.

I thought those were decent cars myself, but most classic VW's were.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...