Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This car wasn't really lame, least not at first..... but God was it ugly.

Dodge Diplomat......

I was working graveyard shift and going to school in the mornings at the time (1987) so when I wrecked my old Nova one morning, I absolutely had to buy another car before I could sleep that afternoon, in order to work the following night. That doesn't leave much time to be choosy.

So I got the car..... drove nice, drove fast (best of all). It was an ex Washington State Patrol car. Still had the spotlight, but no lights or sirens. Unfortunately, it had rubber plugs where the old antenna mounts and rooftop light wiring went in, and thus, the car leaked every time there was heavy rain.

And this being the Pacific Northwest, that happened a lot.

Fortunately, because it was built as a police car, it had vinyl bench seats and all rubber floor mats, which means I could clean up the puddles with a shop vac and not have to worry about moldy carpets.

The car had over 100,000 miles on it, but those were mostly state maintained freeway miles, so the car was not showing it's age.

Wasn't much for picking up chicks, given the ugliness factor, but I could speed by cops at 100 miles an hour on the freeway, and they would look up and WAVE at me, thinking I was one of their own

Unfortunately, about the time the car hit 200K it fell apart fast.

Traded it in on a fucking K-car of all things which was even uglier......

That car was so much of a lemon, it should have been yellow, and it swore me off of Chrysler products to this day.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• blonddgirl777
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

A PT Cruiser is a cow... the shit won't accelerate!
      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
      Originally posted by Nitro Express
      ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
      Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
      Originally posted by VanHalener
      ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
      Originally posted by FORD
      ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Now why in hell would someone buy a Reliant K ???

I've been hearing some bad revues for over 20 years on that car... Everywhere you go... people just HATE the Reliant K !!!
        ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
        ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

God bless America and it's kick ass (great looking) muscle cars but really... when it's time for serious mechanism... Japanese cars rule!!!

Vive la Toyota!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Used to be a white VW Thing around here that had zebra stripes on it. Or maybe they were tiger stripes, but it was black & white in either case.

I thought those were decent cars myself, but most classic VW's were.
            I didn't know you lived by Ted Nugent Ford. Funny, I didn't think he was a WV type guy but he likes to paint zebra stripes on everything.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
              Now why in hell would someone buy a Reliant K ???

I've been hearing some bad revues for over 20 years on that car... Everywhere you go... people just HATE the Reliant K !!!
              Including me. What's ironic is it's the car that saved Chrysler and things were so bad that Iaccoca was printing the annual report on cheap newsprint to save money. I remember him in commercials begging people to buy a Reliant K because it was their patriotic duty. LOL! The care was basically thrown together out of bits and pieces they had in the factories.

I would take those days over the greedy rape the company CEOS we have now. They drive the company into the ground or outsource everything or get $24 million when they get fired. It makes no sense.

Chrysler paid the US Govt. back early for the loans it got only to be merged with Dahmler Benz. They fired all the Chrysler people including a friend of mine and now they want to sell the company.

The Reliant K being the piece of shit it was did save a company and somes jobs that improved it's product and sadly got raped anyways.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

God bless America and it's kick ass (great looking) muscle cars but really... when it's time for serious mechanism... Japanese cars rule!!!

Vive la Toyota!!!
                Very true and this Top Gear episode proves it!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Vive la Toyota!!!
                  Toyota?

reliable, sure...but boring as fuck.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    those were the baby (XJ) Cherokees. the big ol' SJ's had mostly AMC engines, some early ones had Buicks. those 2.8's were the worst, but the six out of an 80's Camaro is an easy swap.

the inline six in my Wrangler is an AMC design and those fuckers allegedly run forever. i'm only at 130k though.

it was funny when we were tearing apart the truck to put new floors and rockers in...my dad was saying shit like "there should be six spot welds here, but depending on if it was Monday/Friday/close to quitting time/close to lunch time there may be five spot welds..." and the floor supports on the cab were rust-free, whatever they were treated with is still working. for some 20 year old steel it's pretty clean.
                    The rumor I've heard was that GM sent AMC their rejected 2.8s with QC defects...

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

wouldn't surprise me at all.

it's funny...my J20 has GM steering...and Ford ignition...cheaper to buy the parts instead of developing their own.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Toyota?

reliable, sure...but boring as fuck.
                        Also true. That's why I never owned one. I drive shit that would cost an absolute fortune if I didn't know how to wrench on them myself.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

wouldn't surprise me at all.

it's funny...my J20 has GM steering...and Ford ignition...cheaper to buy the parts instead of developing their own.
                          Yup. Ford owns Volvo but they buy engines and fuel injection systems from Fuji Industrial in Japan. What's an American, British, or German car? They all contain parts from all over. Crack open the ECU and see where all the IC's come from. Some are American, Some are Japanese, Some are European.

I have a British car that the seats are from Mercedes which is fine because they are bullet proof, comfortable, and parts are widely available and not as expensive as you would think if you shop around.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

With the internet you can find others who own or work on the same vehicle you have. My Mercedes G Wagon stopped running and one guy in Germany told me to jack the rear of the car up and leave it over night and in the morning it would probably start up. Sounded crazy but it worked. Apparently the fuel pump had lost it's prime and this is the easy fix. Who would have ever known and it isn't in the service manual.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Thank's to the internet, getting wierd cars running is easier than ever. The information and parts is easier than ever to find.

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

How can we forget the fiat strada???

What a piece of shit... and weren't they made for like a decade or something??

Comment

Working...