No announcement yet.

Motley Crue Farewell Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myself, I think Mick Mars is under rated in EVERY way. The Feelgood solo was kinda nasty though.

Comment

AGAIN?
      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
      "N--- yeah."

Comment

The feelgood solo is so bad that I cant even recall it ! :p
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Even though his solo skills suck. Mick Mars is a cool Dude ! I enjoy his
          rhythm work, even if I can play it shitfaced standing on my head..
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

"Wild side" is probably his best riff with the middle eight section of that song coming a close second.

Also, there is no lead break in that song.

I don`t know why people are so down on Mick, though.

There are loads of far worse players.

In a band with a crap singers and a bass player who can`t really play great, someone has to carry the music.

I always think of Mick as the Crue`s musical anchor and Tommy Lee controlling a lot of the dynamics.

Tommy Lee : Now he is the Crue`s secret weapon.

Awesome drummer.
            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Motley, in my honest opinion, could have made it through the grunge era, a la Metallica and yes, Van Halen, if Vince had quit/been fired.

I don't know if their music would have been any good, but I think they had the popularity and the fan base.

They alienated their fans and fucked themselves.
              I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

Correction: if Vince had NOT quit/been fired.

Comment

Does anyone here like the album they did without Vince?

I've seen the Crue a ton, and was bummed when Vince left (or fired), but when I listened to the self titled album with Corabi, I was surprised at how much I liked it. I thought the band sounded great and it was a heavier groove.

I'm glad Vince is back, and I'll be there.

Comment

Yeah that album was MUCH heavier than the previous albums. But, and most people will bash me for this, I missed Vince's voice. I always liked it because it was unique.

His voice made it so EASY to recognize a Crue song.

Comment

Their book shows them to be as thick as shit and terrible liars.

Comment

Adios amigos!

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Their book shows them to be as thick as shit and terrible liars.
                          Either way, very entertaining read !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                            Motley, in my honest opinion, could have made it through the grunge era, a la Metallica and yes, Van Halen, if Vince had quit/been fired.

I don't know if their music would have been any good, but I think they had the popularity and the fan base.

They alienated their fans and fucked themselves.
                            You are right. They were at thier peak back then. When they released Primal Scream as a single i was looking forward to their next album. Shit i even loved Rock n Roll Junkie. But instead they fell apart and i lost interest.They could have very well gone through that Grunge movement. Instead we got bands like Bon Jovi surviving that period.

Comment

Exactly Phoenix. "Primal Scream" was so fuckin' riff heavy. I was impressed.

I've seen Motley 5 or 6 times...including twice on the "Feelgood" tour...

They were fucking tight on that tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                                Now thats a real reunion. This is gonna be a good tour. This is what Van halen should've done. Originality works.
                                It will be a great tour if Vince drops a few pounds, can restrain himself from punching hookers and gets his voice in shape.

I'm not worried about the other 3 guys pulling it off but Chunky is the wildcard factor.

Mezro..dancing on glass
                                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

Working...
                                X