X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squib
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Best Place To Start Tour

Cleveland would be a great place to kick off the tour. The Sam and Dave tour started in Cleveland, but more importantly they could head to the RnRHOF and make up for their absence from NYC by performing a few songs on the plaza, or do some video work for the rest of the tour from there.
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by squib
    Cleveland would be a great place to kick off the tour. The Sam and Dave tour started in Cleveland, but more importantly they could head to the RnRHOF and make up for their absence from NYC by performing a few songs on the plaza, or do some video work for the rest of the tour from there.
    fuck the RnR hall of lame.
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• squib
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

well ok

Comment

• squib
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

hard to argue with your eloquence, but still would have been nice to see them there then what took place in their name.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

My house...
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
            Sniper
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by binnie
            My house...
            Can I come? You seem like a cool guy, so I know you won't charge 150 dollars for a ticket.
            https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              Can I come? You seem like a cool guy, so I know you won't charge 150 dollars for a ticket.
              And you'd get a complimentary drink!
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jcook11
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Spicolles' house in So. Cal BABY!

Comment

• Kennedy
                  Groupie
                  • Mar 2004

PASADENA

Comment

• lonnieg5
                    Roadie
                    • Jul 2005

Where was the last place they played on the 1984 tour?

Just go back there and pick right up where they left off...

Comment

• jharp84
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

THE BADDESST BIGGEST BACKYARD M-FIN MOJO DOJO B-BQUE HERE IN THE MIDWEST, MY BACKYARD!!! THAT for the pre-show and warm-up then we ALL HEAD TO SOLDIER FIELD!!!! FOR A 3+ SHOW with live dvd's and cd's given to all paying or not! Attendees!!! Then next day I finally can die happy! Have my heart explode out of my chest, and kiss the mortgage goodbye!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Shreveport, Louisiana.... .... Sorry, wrong lead singer....

Didn't the rumors making the rounds early in the year have them starting in out in Greensboro, NC ??
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

www.melodicrock.com says it may start in Connecticut

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

I don't think it'll be a big market.... Anywhere in the Northeast risks having a rusty show to a big media market presence....

And let's face it, even if you have it in a small market like Hartford, CT, that really means Boston and New York, and I just don't think they'd want to take that chance early in the tour.... Just my .02....

They're gonna need a couple of shows to work out the kinks in the show, both on and off the stage... Whatever those may be, be it the sound, lights, videos, etc....

Not to mention to smooth out the show itself with the band....

So like I said, my guess is it'll be a middle market, someplace like I said in Greensboro would be perfect.... The city itself isn't big at all, but is guaranteed to sellout because of the surrounding areas like Richmond, Va Beach, Raleigh, and Charlotte....

Another guess may be somewhere in the Midwest, but not Chicago or Detroit or big cities like that....

Oh, who the fuck knows, just get the damn thing started....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

something realy cool is i was listening to Sirius Radio today, they played Van Halen and on the screen it said, VH/DLR reunite!! How fuckin great is that??!!!

Comment

Working...