Jesus Christ Dave Still Has That Fucking Skeletor Smile Going....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

Jesus Christ Dave Still Has That Fucking Skeletor Smile Going....

Gone are the days when Dave was cool. He's got that fucking ridiculous fake skeletor grin going at the end of the press conference. If he's got that going, he's gonna have the chipmunk chirps going.

So much for "are you ready for it to be better than it ever fucking was".

Dave wanted us to judge harshly, and I'; gonna judge harshly. Big time. Put up or shut up Dave.
  • Jurak
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2005

and................
    "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
    That is all.
    Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

Thank God we won't ever have to witness this again at a Van Halen concert.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
        Veteran
        • May 2004

LMAO.

But we'll have to endure Dave's fake skeletor grin. Dave used to be cool for real. Now it's forced and unconvincing. He also had the fake forced laugh in the press conference. All this leads me to believe he's full of shit with the better than ever speach.

Classic VH was legit. That's what made it so powerful. If it's gonna be forced, it's gona be BS.

I'm having second thoughts about buying tickets. I just know it's gonna be disappointing. I don't wanna hear chipmunk chirps like karaoke night.

Dave, put up or shut up.

Comment

• jgdrag
          Sniper
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by PlexiBrown

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
          No shit!!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

I'm having second thoughts about buying tickets. I just know it's gonna be disappointing.
            If you know that it is going to suck then why is there any question at all about whether you should buy tickets or not?
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
              Veteran
              • May 2004

If you know that it is going to suck then why is there any question at all about whether you should buy tickets or not?

Because I'm not sure that it will. Part of me wants to believe. Then the reality is watching all of the horrific boots of Dave talking every song. He simply does not sing any more, and I have my doubts anything has changed.

I love Dave, but his voice has been shot to Hell since after 1991. I have yet to hear him sing a single song.

And part of the CVH magic was Dave's coolness. That too is long gone, sadly. He is but a shell of what he was, and even that is forced.

But miracles do happen, so I won't know till it happens.

Comment

• Combat Ready
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                LMAO.

But we'll have to endure Dave's fake skeletor grin.
                I'm having second thoughts about buying tickets. I just know it's gonna be disappointing.
                Dave, put up or shut up.
                Then just don't go man. I hear there are many tickets left for the other half....If that's more more taste. Aint nothin' skeleton about spambo.

Comment

• Combat Ready
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2007

Yes---but it WAS a good time to take a piss.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

I think Dave will be Dave at the shows and that part will probably be cool...

But I am afraid to be dissapointed...

Then again, at the end of the day it's just a rock concert...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Agd_019vFU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Agd_019vFU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                        Because I'm not sure that it will. Part of me wants to believe. Then the reality is watching all of the horrific boots of Dave talking every song. He simply does not sing any more, and I have my doubts anything has changed.

I love Dave, but his voice has been shot to Hell since after 1991. I have yet to hear him sing a single song.

And part of the CVH magic was Dave's coolness. That too is long gone, sadly. He is but a shell of what he was, and even that is forced.

But miracles do happen, so I won't know till it happens.
                        Sounds like you want it to be 1982 again. Well, it can't be.

They may not be young anymore, but that doesn't mean that the gigs won't be good, they will just be good in a different way. Maybe an unexpected way.

If you're expecting it to be the greatest experience of your life, the best gig ever played, a revelation etc then you are bound to be disappointed: 23 years of waiting, 23 years of building four men into demi-Gods, is bound to result in an anti-climax isn't it?

Like Elvis said, it's just a concert: but it'll probably be a good one
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Yawn.

Is this what it's come to? How Dave smiles is the bar on which we judge how good the tour will be?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                            Yawn.

Is this what it's come to? How Dave smiles is the bar on which we judge how good the tour will be?
                            That and the fact that bassplayer isn't there to shriek like Spammy!
                            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Freewheelin
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jul 2006

Dave is Dave he hasnt changed. I have been to 5 Dave shows in the last 20 years and have had a blast every time, we cant travel back to the 80s but we can at least go and enjoy one of the greatest american rock bands . As for the fake grin , you try standing up there with the brothers who treatrd you like an ugly stepchild for the last 20 some years and make it look genuine . Do you really think Dave is gonna get up there and say " Well this tour is probably gonna suck after all we are in our 50s now and ..." of course not . If you are a real classic VH fan then YOU put up or shut up go or dont go but dont expect miracles . The only miracle I am praying for is that they can finish the tour still on speaking terms.

Comment

Working...