Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesus Christ Dave Still Has That Fucking Skeletor Smile Going....

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status

Jesus Christ Dave Still Has That Fucking Skeletor Smile Going....

Gone are the days when Dave was cool. He's got that fucking ridiculous fake skeletor grin going at the end of the press conference. If he's got that going, he's gonna have the chipmunk chirps going.

So much for "are you ready for it to be better than it ever fucking was".

Dave wanted us to judge harshly, and I'; gonna judge harshly. Big time. Put up or shut up Dave.

Cunning Linguist
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and................
    "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
    That is all.
    Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thank God we won't ever have to witness this again at a Van Halen concert.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMAO.

But we'll have to endure Dave's fake skeletor grin. Dave used to be cool for real. Now it's forced and unconvincing. He also had the fake forced laugh in the press conference. All this leads me to believe he's full of shit with the better than ever speach.

Classic VH was legit. That's what made it so powerful. If it's gonna be forced, it's gona be BS.

I'm having second thoughts about buying tickets. I just know it's gonna be disappointing. I don't wanna hear chipmunk chirps like karaoke night.

Dave, put up or shut up.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PlexiBrown

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSKWeymCckA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    No shit!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm having second thoughts about buying tickets. I just know it's gonna be disappointing.
    If you know that it is going to suck then why is there any question at all about whether you should buy tickets or not?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you know that it is going to suck then why is there any question at all about whether you should buy tickets or not?

Because I'm not sure that it will. Part of me wants to believe. Then the reality is watching all of the horrific boots of Dave talking every song. He simply does not sing any more, and I have my doubts anything has changed.

I love Dave, but his voice has been shot to Hell since after 1991. I have yet to hear him sing a single song.

And part of the CVH magic was Dave's coolness. That too is long gone, sadly. He is but a shell of what he was, and even that is forced.

But miracles do happen, so I won't know till it happens.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    LMAO.

But we'll have to endure Dave's fake skeletor grin.
    I'm having second thoughts about buying tickets. I just know it's gonna be disappointing.
    Dave, put up or shut up.
    Then just don't go man. I hear there are many tickets left for the other half....If that's more more taste. Aint nothin' skeleton about spambo.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Yes---but it WAS a good time to take a piss.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Dave will be Dave at the shows and that part will probably be cool...

But I am afraid to be dissapointed...

Then again, at the end of the day it's just a rock concert...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Agd_019vFU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Agd_019vFU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Because I'm not sure that it will. Part of me wants to believe. Then the reality is watching all of the horrific boots of Dave talking every song. He simply does not sing any more, and I have my doubts anything has changed.

I love Dave, but his voice has been shot to Hell since after 1991. I have yet to hear him sing a single song.

And part of the CVH magic was Dave's coolness. That too is long gone, sadly. He is but a shell of what he was, and even that is forced.

But miracles do happen, so I won't know till it happens.
    Sounds like you want it to be 1982 again. Well, it can't be.

They may not be young anymore, but that doesn't mean that the gigs won't be good, they will just be good in a different way. Maybe an unexpected way.

If you're expecting it to be the greatest experience of your life, the best gig ever played, a revelation etc then you are bound to be disappointed: 23 years of waiting, 23 years of building four men into demi-Gods, is bound to result in an anti-climax isn't it?

Like Elvis said, it's just a concert: but it'll probably be a good one
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yawn.

Is this what it's come to? How Dave smiles is the bar on which we judge how good the tour will be?

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    Yawn.

Is this what it's come to? How Dave smiles is the bar on which we judge how good the tour will be?
    That and the fact that bassplayer isn't there to shriek like Spammy!

smoker of fat joints
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is Dave he hasnt changed. I have been to 5 Dave shows in the last 20 years and have had a blast every time, we cant travel back to the 80s but we can at least go and enjoy one of the greatest american rock bands . As for the fake grin , you try standing up there with the brothers who treatrd you like an ugly stepchild for the last 20 some years and make it look genuine . Do you really think Dave is gonna get up there and say " Well this tour is probably gonna suck after all we are in our 50s now and ..." of course not . If you are a real classic VH fan then YOU put up or shut up go or dont go but dont expect miracles . The only miracle I am praying for is that they can finish the tour still on speaking terms.

Ramooooone
    Ramoooooooone, bring this douche some Efferdent...

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by binnie

They may not be young anymore, but that doesn't mean that the gigs won't be good, they will just be good in a different way. Maybe an unexpected way.

If you're expecting it to be the greatest experience of your life, the best gig ever played, a revelation etc then you are bound to be disappointed: 23 years of waiting, 23 years of building four men into demi-Gods, is bound to result in an anti-climax isn't it?

Wow.... well said! That's why I would rather have some live Pro-Shot DVD's from 79,80 & 81, instead of a tour that probably won't live up to our expectations. I've seen many DLR bootlegs and Ed playing at NAMM to know that those glory days are long gone. All I want is for someone here at RothArmy who saw the 1st show to give us an honest review. The first couple of shows should tell us if they are serious about this tour and not just about money, because I don’t want us to spend our hard earned money to fatten Ed & Dave’s bank account. I love Dave and all, but I don’t want to spend 2 or 3 hundred bucks and watch them go thru the motions like the way Van Hagar did in 2004. That would be a terrible let-down!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    Wow.... well said! That's why I would rather have some live Pro-Shot DVD's from 79,80 & 81, instead of a tour that probably won't live up to our expectations. I've seen many DLR bootlegs and Ed playing at NAMM to know that those glory days are long gone. All I want is for someone here at RothArmy who saw the 1st show to give us an honest review. The first couple of shows should tell us if they are serious about this tour and not just about money, because I don’t want us to spend our hard earned money to fatten Ed & Dave’s bank account. I love Dave and all, but I don’t want to spend 2 or 3 hundred bucks and watch them go thru the motions like the way Van Hagar did in 2004. That would be a terrible let-down!
    I think we'd all love the pro-shot stuff from '78-84 too. I also hope we get some honest reviews (and I'm sure we will) that give an indication of how good they were, and if they looked comfortable together on stage.

I'm sure the shows will be good, but the expectation is surely too high to be realized.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesus Christ !

Baby's on Fire decided to post again..

Pissin on Parades !
    (It's BOF's secret spanking Fodder !!)

Unfortunately for him, I think he will only
    achieve semi-rigid status at this point of the
    game..

He mistook us all for people who gave a shit about
    his comments... (And that was when Dave was Solo)

Now he is mistaking us for people who care !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Loons The Great
    ...tonight Ize was takin' a ride in my car, car...an' Ize listenin' to a Loons mix..."Alligator Wine," by Screamin' Jay Hawkins is first up...battin' 2nd iz,"Psycho," by The Screaming Trees(Sonics cover)...3rd iz,"Kinky Reggae," by Damien Marley and Chris Robinson("...she had brown sugar, all over her booger rooger")...and battin' cleanup...the mighty, mighty King Papa Diamonds Are For Ev Ah Dave...live in 2003..."Hot For Teacher!!!!!!"...some techno music from the pa quickly fades away(WTF, guess that's for the playbunnies dancin' on LSD??!!)...and BOOM...my heart starts beatin' like a hammer!!...here come the motherfuckin' boogie woogie!!...awwwww hell yeah nothin' but yeah!!...you can hear the swagger in his voice...Roth is ad-libbing lines(well, sorta)...and yez yez yez...he's deliverin'...he's got the mojo workin'...jus' a barn-burnin'...house-rockin'...blues-rockin'...footstompin'...WANG DANG DOODLE!!!!!!...

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    that is a gift!

Sasquatch Hunter
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    Yawn.

Exactly!

Faggish thread this is...
    23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dave claims it will be better than 1982. He asked us to judge him harshly. That's the point of this thread.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Panamark
    Jesus Christ !

Baby's on Fire decided to post again..

Pissin on Parades !
    (It's BOF's secret spanking Fodder !!)

Unfortunately for him, I think he will only
    achieve semi-rigid status at this point of the
    game..

He mistook us all for people who gave a shit about
    his comments... (And that was when Dave was Solo)

Now he is mistaking us for people who care !
    I don't give a fuck about you, your comments or opinions. Most of your posts are mindless drivel. You almost make Elvis look intelligent. And I don't give a shit what you think of my opinion.

Don't flatter yourself.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
    Exactly!

Faggish thread this is...

And yet here you are. LMAO I love when people own themselves.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Combat Ready
    Yes---but it WAS a good time to take a piss.
    lol tell me about it. the only reason i went to van hagars tour in 04 was because i thought it was my only chance to see evh being that i am 19 now and 16 then. and it was during the bass solo where i went to piss lol by the time i got back they were just starting somebody get me a doctor

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave claims it will be better than 1982. He asked us to judge him harshly. That's the point of this thread.
    Dave never claimed to be better than 1982, I think his voice sounds just as good though, only thing that might harm Dave's voice is his smoking, just look at Brain Johnson from AC/DC.

I think Dave is ready for this, his in great shape, his voice is ready and has been waiting for this reunion probably, since 1989

If you don't want to go, don't fucking go. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would love to have your tickets.

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking the songs?.......Do the comparison here,The only difference I see just comes from 23 years of aging.

Vocal style and sound are basically the same to me!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuoflXaNsJs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuoflXaNsJs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9ZsnAXDF-0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9ZsnAXDF-0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I only hope I age as gracefully as Roth has.

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by mewisemagic
    Talking the songs?.......Do the comparison here,The only difference I see just comes from 23 years of aging.

Vocal style and sound are basically the same to me!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuoflXaNsJs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuoflXaNsJs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9ZsnAXDF-0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9ZsnAXDF-0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I only hope I age as gracefully as Roth has.
    And I guarantee Roth will bring no less than 110% effort to this gig and will probably hit the stage like he was shot out of cannon.

Dave has waited for this moment for a long time and will bring nothing less than a stellar performance,I think this gig is alot more to Dave than just a payoff.

Any doubters that miss this show are going to be sorry IMO.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Just decide harshly on whether you are going to the concert or not.

Dave and the Sisters will kick ass.......'nuff said.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't give a fuck about you, your comments or opinions. Most of your posts are mindless drivel. You almost make Elvis look intelligent. And I don't give a shit what you think of my opinion.

Don't flatter yourself.
    Sorry mate, Im not even going to get slightly riled.

Work on some of the others around here,
    they might respond and fuel that fetish of yours..
    Try katie !
    katie will dish it out to ya, that should get some
    slappin of your tic tac a-happening !!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Because I'm not sure that it will. Part of me wants to believe.
    I believe your an idiot.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by groetman
    I believe your an idiot.

That was pretty funny coming from an Eagle fan.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know, I know, it's spelled E-A-G-L-E-S. Sorry.....

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thats what "Coke" does.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLRdelight!
    and it was during the bass solo where i went to piss lol by the time i got back they were just starting somebody get me a doctor
    That was a long piss then, bro!!

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gone are the days when Dave was cool. He's got that fucking ridiculous fake skeletor grin going at the end of the press conference. If he's got that going, he's gonna have the chipmunk chirps going.

So much for "are you ready for it to be better than it ever fucking was".

Dave wanted us to judge harshly, and I'; gonna judge harshly. Big time. Put up or shut up Dave.
    What the fuck is going on with this site now? We finally got what we want and now we get whining bitches that harp on the way Dave smiles? You are talking about the greatest frontman in rock history my friend. You'll be telling your grandchildren about this show. Or maybe you'd rather catch John Mayer. From what I've heard, his grin is just fine.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That smile is to crazy.

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status