X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

The Official Greensboro 9/29 Meetup/Review Thread

Please use this thread to discuss any preshow meetups, show reviews, setlists, debauchery with farm animals, and anything else related to the Greensboro show.

Thanks,
    VA
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Here are a few meeting places that I have come up with so far:

Fat Dog's Grille & Pub, 2503 Spring Garden St, Greensboro, NC 27403
    (336) 856-1364
    2503 Spring Garden St, Greensboro, NC 27403

Blind Tiger Brewery & Restaurant, 2115 Walker Ave, Greensboro, NC 27403
    (336) 272-9888 www.theblindtiger.com
    2115 Walker Ave, Greensboro, NC 27403

And for all those who are in dire need of a strip club after the show (I won't make it cause I'll actually be gettin some ):

Last edited by BITEYOASS; 08-27-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
      Veteran
      • Nov 2006

Fat Dogs is going to be much more practical than Blind Tiger. As I said in the "Greensboro and Charlotte" thread - Blind Tiger is a bar and I'm not even sure they will be open from 4-7:00 (the time during which we will most likely be meeting) - whatever lame-ass local band is playing that night will have their little U-Haul pulled up to the front door unloading equipment.

Fat Puppy's, if its what I think it is (formerly Spring Garden Bar and Grill) is a great place to meet. Its like a hamburger grill / bar that is open for lunch and dinner. It has an outside deck where we could all hang out, tables or a bar-like-deal. I think it serves mixed drinks and has its own micro-brew...which is supposed to be pretty good.

As far as after-party, I grew up in GSO (although I don't live there anymore...not far though) - I will be happy to act as guide....we can meet up at Fat Puppies again after the show while Biteyoass is doing the slip-and-slide with his woman.
      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

So Fat Dogs is the meeting place. Any objections?

Comment

• Hyman Roth
          Veteran
          • Nov 2006

Oh I'm there!! Are you coming in from Alabama?
          Trollidillo-T

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

You bet your ass I'm driving all the way up there! Hey, I'm gonna pass the word over to the DLRML and diamonddavidleeroth.com so we can get a bigger crowd. I like this location anyway, especially since the restaurants and bars next to the arena will be crowded.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

And don't worry, I met my fiancee off the DLRML. So there won't be a conflict of interests.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                Veteran
                • Nov 2006

yeah...uh....DDLR??? are you sure?
                Trollidillo-T

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

I posted on their, haven't got a response yet. Maybe Kitty and the DOCTOR will show up.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                    Veteran
                    • Nov 2006

Doc would be cool! He's in Fl., I think. And STROKE is in VA, I think. He's a very cool poster.
                    Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                      Veteran
                      • Nov 2006

Hey Bite - do me a favor...in that thread you started at DDLR, could you extend a personal invitation to Hambone4life from me? I appreciate it.
                      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Now you can't get two tickets together on Ticketmaster, and the best single ticket is in the upper deck....

Sounds like a fuckin' sellout to me....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Three weeks motherfuckers !!!!!!

And I can confirm at this time that we have completed lengthy negotiations with representatives of Mr. Pojo Risin, and can confirm that he will be making a special appearance at the Greensboro Coliseum.

He'll be the one with the "Three Lock Box Tour" T-shirt....

Poj and I will be coming from Raleigh, just let me know where the pre-show party is.....

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
                            Hey Bite - do me a favor...in that thread you started at DDLR, could you extend a personal invitation to Hambone4life from me? I appreciate it.
                            I've been busy the past 2 weeks, but I finally got around to sending a message over at DDLR.com today. No response yet.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

There are three members of the DLRML Yahoo! group heading over, J Crowther is me by the way.

Sat 9.29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum Fat Dog's Grille and Pub

Devon
                              J Crowther
                              Vain
                              Billy Earnest

Comment

Working...