Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official Greensboro 9/29 Meetup/Review Thread

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's my review I posted elsewhere, too.

Just got back. This show, like the one two nights ago in Charlotte, was awesome.

If it wasn't an official sellout, it might as well have been. I checked today and there were only single tickets available behind the stage...and they looked full, too...those people were as pumped as us folks down low!!

Same setlist.

Wolfgang looked much more comfortable. We sat on his side, so we were pretty close to him. He made eye contact and smiled at us a lot more, pumped his fists several times, and was generally more animated than in Charlotte.
    I watched his fingers a lot...that kid can PLAY. Then remember he's 16 and will only get better.

Eddie came over to Wolf's side a few more times than in Charlotte....a really touching moment during "I'll Wait", when we say Eddie say to Wolf "I love you", with a huge grin on his face.

I do miss Mikey, but I really am starting to think that Eddie wanting to play with his son was almost as big a factor as whatever beef he had with Mikey was.

Not as much feedback tonight. Several technical snafus, but no big deal. It'll happen from time to time.

During the break in "I'm The One", where they let the crowd just roar with adulation, Dave and Eddie both were either wiping tears away, or pretending to.
    I think they might really have been emotional...they held that pause in the music a lot longer than in Charlotte, and the crowd got louder and louder...Dave mouthed that he couldn't sing...he and Eddie looked at each other and both pointed to their faces and wiped tears. Then after the music started back, Dave was still shaking his head and occasionally wiping his eyes.

Anyone who's on the fence still, get off it, and get your ass to a show.

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here is my review of the Greensboro show.

The Van Halen concert in Greensboro last night was one of the best I have ever seen.

I am not exaggerating. I am shocked by it, but it's aboslutely true. The Mighty Van Halen is back!

I was extremely skeptical going in. I went to judge Van Halen harshly, but they won me over. In fact, I was blown away in Greensboro last night. I was simply not expecting to see these guys play and perform so well.

Dave and Al are in top form, physically and musically. Ed is thin, but he doesn't look as healthy as Dave and Al. His guitar playing is a lot better than it has been in recent years, and he’s got the old stage persona back. He’s doing the air splits again and he looks happy and balanced. He seems to be very comfortable with Dave on stage. You would never know these two have been at odds for over 20 years.

Dave leaves zero doubt who is the true voice of Van Halen.

I was worried that Dave was going to overdo his shtick. Instead he unveiled the classiest version of Dave I have ever seen live. He was sober, razor sharp, nailing the vocals and taking care o’ biz song after song, all night long! The crowd was eating out of his hand. Dave was impeccable.

The stage, sound, and lights were ALL amazing. The background vocals and harmonies were astonishingly good. The camaraderie between Dave and Eddie was magical. Eddie was all smiles all night, very happy.

Alex was air-tight on the drums. Wolfie was surprisingly good on bass. He’s not as chubby in person. He's just a kid, but he's the real deal on the bass!

IMO, Mike Anthony was not missed… not like Dave was missed during the Hagar and Cherone eras. Not like Ed and Al were missed on the Sam & Dave tour.

Singers they come and go… legends, they’re forever!
    Last edited by light 'em up!; 09-30-2007 at 05:11 AM.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    thanks guys...WOW great to hear.... 16 days until Chicago!!!!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Awesome reviews guys!

THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN IS BACK!!!!
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good Morning!
    First off, let me just say that meeting some of you guys was awesome. When we walked up I was a little nervous to just jump right in, but Hyman (being the absolute baby doll that he is) came and introduced himself, and then Plexi came in as well. Thank you to both of you for making us feel welcome.

I promised that I would give an unbiased opinion of the show so that's what I'm going to do.

Unfortunately, I can't give you much because our seats were horrible.
    -Our view of the screen? Obstructed.
    -Our view of the stage? Obstructed. There was a huge monitor right at Eddie's mic stand so the best we could even see of him was when he moved away from the mic.
    -The sound? Muddled. If you didn't know the words to the songs, you couldn't hear what Dave was saying. We were actually above the speakers that were hanging from the ceiling.

I can tell you this. This show is a relentless assault of music. Barely any lulls in action on stage. It's like one punch after another in rapid succession. Full on assult of Van Halen rock-n-roll.

Yes, it was emotional for Dave and Eddie. It was incredible to just be there but hubby and I both feel like we missed a great show last night. Probably one of the best shows we've ever been to...and yet, we have vague coherence of what actually happened on stage or what it even sounded like.

Maybe there will be a second leg that we'll get to go to. Because the best advice I can give to anyone who's got this show coming up....if you have seats on the second tier that are above the 4th row, sell-em and hit ebay or a broker for seats that you want. You won't be sorry. Find the cash and make sure that you get seats that are worth it.

Today hubby and I are both sad that we feel like we missed something truly great. We both feel like if we'd had better seats, that show would've been one for the journal.
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The pleasure was all mine, Ellylions! I enjoyed your company and am still sorry I spilled that beer on "hubby". I will PM you the next time I am in your town and I would love to get to know y'all further.

Sorry you didn't have good seats - that's a bummer.
    Trollidillo-T

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To all the Roth Army members in attendance last night...

Awesome...

Incredible Army turnout...

This is going to be brief (I'll mention who was all there in a much...much bigger review later today)...

Let's bottom line it...good show or not (you'll find out the definitive in a few)....

Just meeting you all made the trip worth it...

the Roll Call?

Ellylions, Hyman, PlexiBrown, Biteyoass, Damngoodtimes, Vain, Vince, Fairwrning, Va Beach and myself (if I forgot anyone...sorry...don't have my notes in front of me)...

and a whole host of others...and significant others...

It was an incredible pregame for sure...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am glad that you all had a great time at the show.
    I can't fuckin wait........7 dayz......

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pre-show was a great time..Everybody at Fat Dog's was as great a group of people as you could wanna meet...enjoyed meeting all you guys.
    The show itself...honestly..AMAZING...just the pure sonic blast coming from that stage was incredible..a few sound glitches but otherwise a fury of great songs comin at ya one right after the other..they put some great twists on a few songs..and I honestly couldn't tell who was having a better time..Dave or Eddie..these guys truly seem to have buried the hatchet.If the tears during the break in "Im the one" were fake...then these guys deserve Emmy awards.
    I had a great fuckin seat..floor..10-15 feet from the ramp...I was to damn awestruck to get any good pics..and anybody that did try to was greeted by security within 30 seconds..no shit..these guys were on it last night...nobody got tossed but several were warned.
    Anybody that gets a chance to see this show..DO IT!! I promise you will not be disappointed.
    Again..great meeting all you peeps yesterday..hope we can do it again on the next go around.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wait a second...wrning...you were there?

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You don't remember? I was the dude that called the rescue squad to pry you out of the back seat of that car..

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hyman..did you hear anything out of Nancy and Charlene?
    I am tellin ya folks...the dude is smooth.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WOW- IT WAS GREAT!!!! Dave, Eddie, Alex, and Wolf- thank you so much for the best concert of my life! Folks, this was rock show if there ever was one. From Dave waving the big red flag at the beginning of YRGM, to the confetti coming down during JUMP, it was, as someone early said, a 2:15 assault of the best Dave-era VH! They were absolutely spot-on.

We got tickets the monring of, in Sect. 105, kinda in the back corner of Wolf's side of the stage. We moved over 2 sections cuz no one else was sitting there right before the lights went down. 30 feet from stage, directly across from Wolf, and he looked over at us a few times, as did Dave and Eddie when they came over to that side.

I could not have dreamed for a better setlist! For me, highlights were I'm the one, Unchained, ATCWR, I'll Wait, Full Bug, Romeo Delight. Everything else was awesome as well, but it was special seeing these songs played.

Dave was stellar, and REALLY tried his hardest to hit notes, while keeping us laughing with his mimics and stage persona. He's THE MAN. Eddie played LIGHTYEARS better than the last tour, and his tone was great- more old school and had a great crunch to it. Much more spot-on than last tour, and you could tell he was having a blast playing with Dave and Wolf. Smiles all show long. Alex was extremely tight and occasionally added a new fill, etc., and was still top of his game.

I must say, that being 40 feet from Wolf last night, that he provided a new energy for his dad and bandmates. The kid is the real deal, and can flat-out play! His vocals more than hold up- he fit-in perfectly.

FOLKS, IF YOU HAVEN'T PURCHASED TICKETS, GET 'EM. VAN HALEN WAS OUT-F-ING-STANDING! Thank you so much, Dave, Eddie, Alex, and Wolf for a truly special evening. We have missed you!! See you in D.C.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dont recall hearing "Full Bug"..but Wolf did show he could handle the roll..looked very relaxed and enjoying the moment..I like the kid..and the perfect replacement quite honestly..

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hyman...spilling beers?

Scoring Chicks?

What'd you do bro, save your A game for Greensboro?

Shit, I thought I saw that with ya in Charlotte...

I'm glad to hear that you all had a great time!

Makes the 22 year wait and all the BS null as soon as you hear the band and Dave is waving that flag, huh?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here is my review of the day in Greensboro:

First off...Hyman Roth....you rule! Thanks for everything!

Secondly, it was very cool to meet some great people from the Army. Pojo, Ellylions, Hyman, Biteyoass, Damngoodtimes, Vain, Vince, Fairwrning, Va Beach and those 2 guys from Atlanta. Sorry if I missed anyone. Pojo is cool! You crack me up man!

Ellylions, I am sorry to hear that your seats were so bad. The sound and view was much better a bit lower.

The concert was awesome. They played for over 2 hours. Lots of goosebumps! Those youtube videos don't do it justice. The lights went down at 9:00pm and the place erupted. Then you hear the guitar riffs of the one and only which landed on You Really Got Me. Then, the boys smack you right in the head with I'm The One as if to say, "if you had any doubt about how good we sound, we just removed that doubt". It was one classic song after another without much interruption. It was after either the first or second song when the crowd was in a frenzy and Dave and Ed broke down. You could see the tears when they showed Dave and Ed on the big screen. Dave said, "I am going to be serious just this one time tonight" and said "it is an honor and a privilege for us to play for you".

David Lee Roth: On top of his game. Truly the only frontman for Van Halen. This is the best he has sounded in many years and he was having a great time. That intro thing he did to Somebody Get Me A Doctor was very cool! He also was in great shape.

Eddie Van Halen: The man is back!! Happy, running and jumping all over the place and playing well. It is amazing considering that he has knocked on death's door a couple of times.

Alex Van Halen: Solid as usual. He hasn't lost anything! Killer drum sound too.

Wolfgang Van Halen: The guy is amazing and then when you remember he is only 16 years old it just blows your mind. He handled the bass and vocals like a seasoned veteran. Wolfgang and Dave sounded awesome singing Pretty Woman together. I really believe that Wolf's backup vocals are even better than how Michael Anthony's sound today. You would have to see it to believe it!

DO NOT MISS THIS TOUR. Also, you will never see a set list like this again!! This truly is the final nail in the coffin of Van Hagar! Van Halen is back!!
    Last edited by PlexiBrown; 09-30-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

I'm kind of a big deal!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is it possible that Greensboro would be as awesome as Charlotte??? You bet your sweet ass... The sound was better and the band sounded even better!!!! My voice is gone and I still have a headache from singing at the top of my lungs all night... Best concert I've ever seen!
    If you don't go see them... You're out of you mind..
    Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Fairwrning
    Hyman..did you hear anything out of Nancy and Charlene?
    I am tellin ya folks...the dude is smooth.
    lol....nah not yet - but I figure I will. They were impressed. I could tell that just from the fact that they kept talking to me. Usually I get the "I have a boyfriend" response or the polite "yes/no" responses to my questions....maybe they were a 'lil drunk?

Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Carmine
    Hyman...spilling beers?

Scoring Chicks?

What'd you do bro, save your A game for Greensboro?

Shit, I thought I saw that with ya in Charlotte...

I'm glad to hear that you all had a great time!

Makes the 22 year wait and all the BS null as soon as you hear the band and Dave is waving that flag, huh?
    LMAO - I just applied all that I learned from you, the ultimate in slickdom, in Greensboro.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TVGUY
    Is it possible that Greensboro would be as awesome as Charlotte??? You bet your sweet ass... The sound was better and the band sounded even better!!!! My voice is gone and I still have a headache from singing at the top of my lungs all night... Best concert I've ever seen!
    If you don't go see them... You're out of you mind..
    I really believe each show Is just gonna get better and better, cant wait for Kansas City!! And when they come to Texas, Im goin to all of em!! LOL

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hyman Roth
    LMAO - I just applied all that I learned from you, the ultimate in slickdom, in Greensboro.

LMAO!

just pavin roads, one city at a time....

Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great review Plexi!! It was a "privilege and an honor" to party with you and everyone else last night. What a night!

Last edited by Hyman Roth; 09-30-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Carmine
    LMAO!

just pavin roads, one city at a time....

LMAO - yeah...paving the roads and layin' the pipe!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hyman!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hyman Roth
    LMAO - yeah...paving the roads and layin' the pipe!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Review from the Greensboro newspaper....

Have to say, I've been to a lot of shows in my day, but the writer is right, other than the VH show in '84, I don't believe I've ever heard a louder roar during the opening couple minutes when the band launched into YRGM. We talked after the show that it may have been just a soundboard tweaking, but I swear to God, those first couple of minutes, the crowd was so loud that you could see Dave's mouth moving, but you couldn't hear him singing !!!

http://www.newsobserver.com/105/story/721371.html

Concert review: Van Halen
    By David Menconi, Staff Writer

GREENSBORO — It’s always a cool moment when the lights go down and a roar goes up. But there are certain shows where that anticipatory energy is just overwhelming, which was definitely the case Saturday night at Greensboro Coliseum. At long last, after 22 years of estrangement, original hambone lead singer David Lee Roth is back in the Van Halen fold and it’s about damn time.
    “We came here to entertain you…I’m the one, the one you love,” Roth sang on the second song of the set, and there was not a person in the room who doubted it.

Of course, it’s easy to be skeptical or even cynical about this much-ballyhooed reunion tour, as well as creeped out by the cash-in aspect — and disappointed that original Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has been seemingly excised from the band’s history, replaced by guitarist Eddie Van Halen’s teenage son Wolfgang. Nevertheless, there’s just something so right about seeing Roth up there where he belongs again, even without the mane of hair he used to sport.

By the end of the very first song (a crushing “You Really Got Me”) Roth was scatting his vocal and Eddie Van Halen was duplicating it syllable for syllable on his guitar. That goofy sense of fun is exactly the dimension Van Halen lacked during those long, dark Sammy Hagar years.

From Eddie’s opening guitar salvo, the band came rampaging out of the gate at a pace that would have been impossible to maintain — and things did flag a bit midway through. This was the second show of the tour and Wolfgang is still getting his sea legs as Van Halen’s bassist and backup vocalist. So there were some rough spots, especially on the songs requiring a lighter touch (“Dance the Night Away,” “Jamie’s Cryin’”).

Still, there were only a handful of clunkers, and virtually the entire soldout crowd stayed on its feet for the entire two-hour show. It was classic in every sense of the term, right down to the extended drum- and guitar-solo interludes. And here’s one aspect where having Wolfgang rather than Anthony in the band is an advantage: no bass solo. Wolfgang did fine, by the way, although he’s not exactly overflowing with stage presence. You just sort of lost track of him for long stretches, which was fine because he was anything but the focal point.

When Roth departed Van Halen in 1985, there were some hard feelings that seemed to deepen over time. So the singer’s onstage interactions with his old bandmates were as much a point of interest as his singing. He and Eddie both seemed to be having great fun, even hugging a few times (and drawing roars of approval). It seems like only a matter of time before old tensions emerge. But given the fact that Roth has the most to gain from this reunion, one might hope for the best there. Roth pulled off just about every song credibly, even though his voice has undeniably lost some of its higher range. But he hasn’t lost a thing in the showmanship department.

Roth’s saving grace has always been that he’s onto himself, which is even more important now that he’s starting to look like your skeevy older uncle who likes to tell dirty jokes and flirt with girls young enough to be his daughter. He’d be creepy if he weren’t so funny. The great thing about Roth being back in Van Halen is being reminded all over again that he and Eddie Van Halen both make each other funnier. Some of the most amusing jokes of the night were skronky noises on guitar.

The set list concentrated on Van Halen’s early glory days, 1978-84, peaking with a couple of for-the-ages classics, “Hot for Teacher” and “Panama.” The former song was almost speed-metal, multiples faster than it used to be. And on the latter song, Roth hit those high-pitched yelps just right and it felt like 1984 all over again.

For a couple of hours, at least, it was.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Fairwrning
    I dont recall hearing "Full Bug"..
    Yeah, they didn't play it.

Regarding cameras, I can attest that security WAS on top of that.
    The chick in front of us got busted, and the security dude took her memory stick and wouldn't give it back.

She was complaining and he told her "either I keep the stick or you get to leave".

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then that was the only security they had...

No patdowns at all at the gates.... Ushers were virtually nonexistent....

Although I did see many more of them the closer to the floor you got...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

All I have to say is....

BEST MUTHAFUCKIN CONCERT I'VE EVER BEEN TOO!!!! Could definitely tell that crowd was ready even 30 minutes before the act when I inconspicuously yelled out VAAAAANNNNN HAAAALLLLLEEENNN, causing a chain reaction of screams in the audience, like throwing a steak in a river of pirahnas. Me and my fiancee were seated in section 108, little did I know it would be right below the fuckin left-side PA's! It was just bone rattling sound throughout the whole concert, glad I brought the ear plugs. After "Jump" I took the orange foamies out of my ears and that audience was louder than a fuckin Hornet on afterburner! Definetely the best ever show and the only thing that would come even close to topping this =VH= concert is another one, preferably in Atlanta at Phillips Arena.

Took a few photos of the coliseum and a couple for the show, the security guy came over and got suspicious during the concert, couldn't understand a word of what he was saying, but I read his body language and he must have been saying: stop taking those photos! At first I thought maybe I should stop taking photos, but then I thought NAAAAAAAHHHH!!! So I kept looking back and forth, kept taking photos and sneaking my camera back in my fiancee's purse when I assumed the white and yellow jackets would be walking by. Some of the photos turned out well, like the panoramic shots of the concert. The Zoomed photos were rather blury (fuckin FUJI!). But the good thing is that security never seized my camera! MUUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! To quote Al Bundy "It's only cheating if you get caught." BTW I've asked HymanRoth if he could help out posting these photos since I can't seem to figure out how to upload on the Roth Army and the photos are over 2MB each.

P.S. Great seeing y'all at Fat Dog's, hopefully next time my fiancee will at least let me have one beer. In the words of Sam Kinison "I'd like to stay and party like a real man, but she's got the pussy!"

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As for Michael Anthony, he's turned to the cheese side! Let's face it, everyone in the band is happy where they are at right now, and the Red Teletubby has been a little bitch for the past 30+ years and always will be.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Pacfanweb
    During the break in "I'm The One", where they let the crowd just roar with adulation, Dave and Eddie both were either wiping tears away, or pretending to.
    I think they might really have been emotional...they held that pause in the music a lot longer than in Charlotte, and the crowd got louder and louder...Dave mouthed that he couldn't sing...he and Eddie looked at each other and both pointed to their faces and wiped tears. Then after the music started back, Dave was still shaking his head and occasionally wiping his eyes.
    No pretending there bro, that was authentic...

And if anyone in the crowd didn't get at least a little choked up when those two guys started crying, you aren't true Van Halen fans...

Sorry to sound dick-ish, you just can't put it any other way....

TN Dave Fan
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Agreed for sure ... the show was Great .... I screwed up and didn't go by Fat Dogs - since I don't post alot - I figured I might have been the unknown board member .... so I didn't do the mapquest thing to find it like I meant to.... I saw it was the meeting place for the Army - so I should have. STUPID ME!

I actually got off the right exit and was within a half mile of the place - turned around and ate at a joint called Hugo's ... they had more people to serve then they had waiters...etc so it was kind of slow... but we were done and leaving right at 7 - drove that 1/2 mile and saw Fat Dogs... damn I kicked myself for turning that car around. would loved to have had food and a brew with fellow DLR/CVH fans before the show.

More shows in the south - I'm for that - how about Knoxville, TN or better still Johnson City , TN ... venue is too small so it'll never happen - it's just that when I was 13 (and before the 1984 tour & album) I had tix to the last booked VH show in the arena known as Freedom Hall in Johnson City and it was the year Dave got sick and they canceled several shows - mine was one of them -- waited 24 years to see the real VAN HALEN - it was worth it.

Eric in TN.
    All is finally right with the world - Van Halen has finally gotten back together.

TN Dave Fan
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    By The Way... on the emotional thing... I know I was emotional... after the regea band finally got off the stage and removed their equipment - I was pumped - I got jittery, it was like I was getting ready to meet my idol in person - except I was way up in the nose bleed seats. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown - never felt anything like it .... major release when they took the stage and it was really Dave w/Eddie & Alex.... the wait was well worth it. I felt the tear trying to make it's way into the eyes - and it looked sincere between Ed & Dave - I sure hope it was.... if I can get to another show I will pay the extra whatever it takes to sit somewhere down front or at least in the normal sections so I can get the full sound. I saw the show - it's damn sure worth hearing it properly too...

Roth on!!!

The worst that you seen
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't know if you guys at Fat Dogs were outside on the patio or not, but if you heard/saw a guy in a crappy minivan drive by a couple times blasting "On Fire" and yelling, "ROTH ARMY!!!!" that was me. I was real tempted to go in, but I didn't want a couple of 19-year-old kids (me and my friends) spoiling your fun.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't know if you guys at Fat Dogs were outside on the patio or not, but if you heard/saw a guy in a crappy minivan drive by a couple times blasting "On Fire" and yelling, "ROTH ARMY!!!!" that was me. I was real tempted to go in, but I didn't want a couple of 19-year-old kids (me and my friends) spoiling your fun.
    We were outside on the patio but I didn't hear anyone drive buy and yell Roth Army. Maybe I had already left for the arena whe you did that.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm sorry ya'll for not showing up at the Fat Dog's ...

We were waiting back at the hotel (Four Seasons) for some more people coming in from Charlotte, and in the process of waitin', well ... ya know, a blunt here ... a pill there ... LOL

I had actually gone out and got sum gas and drove by the damn place so I knew hwere it exactly was.

Now, I feel bad that I didn't get to see u guyz and meet up.

Maybe next time ...

Hope u guyz all had a blast. I know I did !!!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I decided to do something more valuable with my time than watch the whole opening act, I took a piss. Saw half of it and digged those rasta beats a bit, but I was too busy staring at tits to pay attention to most of the lyrics.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by hotdog@ a shake
    I'm sorry ya'll for not showing up at the Fat Dog's ...

We were waiting back at the hotel (Four Seasons) for some more people coming in from Charlotte, and in the process of waitin', well ... ya know, a blunt here ... a pill there ... LOL

I had actually gone out and got sum gas and drove by the damn place so I knew hwere it exactly was.

Now, I feel bad that I didn't get to see u guyz and meet up.

Maybe next time ...

Hope u guyz all had a blast. I know I did !!!
    Nothin wrong with a little Inhalin before Van Halen!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Review from the Greensboro newspaper....

Have to say, I've been to a lot of shows in my day, but the writer is right, other than the VH show in '84, I don't believe I've ever heard a louder roar during the opening couple minutes when the band launched into YRGM. We talked after the show that it may have been just a soundboard tweaking, but I swear to God, those first couple of minutes, the crowd was so loud that you could see Dave's mouth moving, but you couldn't hear him singing !!!

See? What did I tell you all a couple of weeks ago?

I knew this would be the case!

Thread Information