Thread: Van Halen - Memphis - 1981 DVD!!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Van Halen - Memphis - 1981 DVD!!

http://jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=22942

The quality is not all that great but it's better than nothing!

VH in their prime....all over the place. And if you watch closely during Jamies Crying, look to the left of the screen you'll see Dave swing out on a rope!

Just like in the Panama video!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This show was my first ever concert.....I've GOT to get this. My father never forgave me for making him go to this show. His exact words were, "there is no sense in anyone playing that loud." Now he is gone, and I'd kill to hear that complaint again from him.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1
    This show was my first ever concert.....I've GOT to get this. My father never forgave me for making him go to this show. His exact words were, "there is no sense in anyone playing that loud." Now he is gone, and I'd kill to hear that complaint again from him.
    I feel you Bro....I'm in that same boat. When their gone you defiantly miss hearing their voice!!
    Last edited by LOS35; 11-15-2007 at 12:53 AM.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm on it... got it on VHS years ago... quality is pretty bad, but it's watchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    good man Vain!

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1
    One thing my dad and I shared was our love of music. My dad was a huge Roy Orbison fan and back when I bought Diver Down (for the first time ) I asked him to please sit through Pretty Woman and tell me what he thought. He did, and at the end of the song he thoughtfully said "not bad".

And then he thought for another moment and said "not exactly good, but, not bad either"

Priceless.

I know what you mean, BS...I wouldn't mind having my dad around these days to discuss music...
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I remember one time when I had the 'California Girls' video blasting from the TV one weekend while Dad was doing the housework, and because he was so used to hearing so much VH played around the house, he went on to say, "Is that Van Halen there? That's a pretty good version." Dad was always the one who was completely unknowledgeable about music apart from the soft-rock from 50s, 60s, and 70s. It wasn't long after that incident that I found him reading through Dave's interview in the 2004 Classic Rock issue with such fascination that he ended up keenly giving me the total run-down of it which I obviously already knew.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I remember too that my band played a show when I was in high school, and I had a "solo" spot during the set. I of course nicked some of Eruption and put in there, and after the show he said he couldn't believe I could play that. I was like, "huh, what do you think that damned noise was you always complained about coming out of the garage and my room?" Honestly my folks never told me what to listen to, and never called my music garbage. They always found something about it that they liked. Me on the other hand...well I've given my kids hell about some of the stuff they like.

Welcome back, Dave.
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I remember when I first started listening to hard rock my dad asked me are you gonna listen to Van Halen like your brother did? I stupidly replied "No, they suck." A few days later I stole my brother's tape of VH I just to see if they really did....I was wrong. Thanks for peaking my curiosity, dad!

Wish he was still around to tell him that I saw them a few weeks ago...damn.

Thread Information