Thread: Ninjas vs. Shaolin Monks!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-08-2020 @ 05:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ninjas vs. Shaolin Monks!!

For some reason, I think I've heard of this story before.

Reuters
    China kung fu monks seek apology for ninja affront

Monks

Fri Aug 31, 1:34 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Chinese kung fu, is demanding an apology from an Internet user who said its monks had once been beaten in unarmed combat by a Japanese ninja, Chinese media reported on Friday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Shaolin Temple, in the northern province of Henan, became famous in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang "Grasshopper" Caine in the 1970s "Kung Fu" TV series.

Ninjas -- professional assassins trained in martial arts -- date back to mediaeval Japan.

"The so-called defeat is purely fabricated, and we demand the Internet user to apologise to the whole nation for the wrongs he or she did," the Beijing News said, citing a notice announced by a lawyer for the Shaolin monks.

Relations between Chinese and Japanese are sensitive at the best of times, with emotions still running high over Japan's invasion and occupation of parts of China in the first half of the 20th Century.

The Internet user, calling themselves "Five Minutes Every Day", said on an online forum last week that a Japanese ninja came to Shaolin, asked for a fight and many monks failed to beat him, the newspaper said.

"The facts that the monks could not defeat a Japanese ninja showed that they were named as kung fu masters in vain," the Internet user was quoted as saying in the post.

The Shaolin temple "strongly condemned the horrible deeds" of the user, the newspaper said.

"It is not only extremely irresponsible behaviour with respect to the Shaolin temple and its monks, but also to the whole martial art and Chinese nation," it quoted the monks as saying.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't kow if it's true but in kung fu the chinese government wiped out the shao-lin temple as a payback for Kwai chang killing the royal nephew.
    I beleive that is fiction ,I wonder if the chinese government had any beef with the kung fu dudes
    Although the kung fu dudes trained with weopons I think their main thing was hand to hand combat.
    I think Judo vs kung fu would be a good fight .
    Ninjas vs samari would be a better match and I think that was done in the Last samari With that whack job ,Tom Cruise [good movie though].
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"I don't feel tardy"©
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2012 @ 06:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

???

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ROTHisGOD
    ???
    In the thread listings,under where it said Shao-lin vs Ninjas ,it said that is a fight I would like to see.
    My opinion was kung fu {shao lin} vs judo would be a better match because they are both hand to hand style.
    Samari vs ninjas are both sword against sword.
    On the tv show Kung Fu the chinese government wiped out the shao lin and I wondered if it was loosely based on fact.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Kung Fu Vs Judo Would Be Great To See.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Everything came through China first and then went to Japan. The Japanese just refined it or changed it to their way of thinking.

With the Chinese it's function over form. Go to a Chinese resturant. A real one. It's dirty and oily. It's a den of caos but organized caos. It works efficiently and you will get some of the best food you ever had.

With the Japanese it's a combinantion of function and form. Go to a Japanese resturaunt. There's a protocol you follow with everything. The place will be spotlessly clean and organized. It's almost a religouse experience.

What you see in the two different cultures applies to their martial arts as well. What philosophy is better? I don't know. I like both cultures. Sometimes the Japanese drive me nuts with all their rules and protocols. The Chinese drive me nuts with their sloppiness and haphazard ways. With the Japanese, their ritual gets in the way and is one reason they never improved enough to beat us in WWII. They believed their spiritualism would compensate for poor weaponry. With the Chinese, it's their haphazardness. They have structure but it's almost corrupt. They don't have the wholistic community Japan has. The Chinese play games with each other and especially outsiders.

The Japanese have more honor. I would rather do business with a Japanese person than a Chinese person. Compare Chinese quality control to Japanese quality control. To a Japanese person, everything that comes off the assembly line has a piece of them in it. It's their reputation. To a Chinese person it all depends on who the customer is. You don't screw friends or family but outsiders are fair game. This is called "being clever".

I spent some time in Hong Kong growing up. Most Americans don't understand the Chinese way of doing things. They are very different from us and the Japanese for that matter.

Every culture has it's stong points and weaknesses.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dan
    Kung Fu Vs Judo Would Be Great To See.
    If you watch ultimate fighting they supposedly fight style against style but they usually end up on the mat beating the shit out of each other
    any way they can.

Thread Information