What is your pre-show routine going to be for the Van Rothin' 2007 Tour show/s y'all

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loons The Great

What is your pre-show routine going to be for the Van Rothin' 2007 Tour show/s y'all

Well well well...how are y'all approaching this?

Are you listening to Van Halen all the time now? Or are you not listening to any VH 'til showtime?

...strip clubs 'fore and aft'r the show??

...tailgatin' in the parking lot(if allowed)...doin' some bar b que'n...drinkin' some TNT, smokin' some dynamite...

...asspocket of whuskey, front pocket of gin??...

...if you don some sort of hellacious mullet...I would cut that mullet...you might be confused with Michael Anthony and gets thrown out of the arena......

MY BABY STUDYIN' EBIL
    I'M STUDYIN' EBIL TOO
    I'M GONN' STICK 'ROUND HERE
    JUS' TO SEE WHAT MY BABY GONN' DO

...anyone goin' to do the patented Roth drum riser launch off of their flatbed pick up truck in the parkin' lot nah nah yez yezz?

,,,anybody gonn' run o'er their Gary Cherone voodoo doll on the way to da show nah?...

...no tequila or hot sauce allowed 'course...

YOU MAY SEARCH THE OCEAN
    YOU MIGHT GO 'CROSS THE DEEP BLUE SEA
    BUT BABY YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER HOTSHOT LIKE ME

'''I got myself a case of Georgia moonshine...,,,'''
    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2007, 02:45 PM.
  • jharp84
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

One week of Jack, then some heroin to sleep! Two days before show one: METH-A-MUNDO time!! Some cereal and pasta for protein!! half ounce of thai stick! Case of guinness, and for the grand finale - pig out at (where else) MCDONALDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ON A HEALTH KICK SINCE I TURNED 40!

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

if going with you juice...shit, i better start training !!

Comment

• Loons The Great

,,,NOW WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY
        AT THE AGE OF 5
        I HAD SOMETHIN' IN ALL OF MY POCKETS
        KEEP A LOTTA FOLKS ALIVE

HAVE MERCY!!

NOW ALL YOU PRETTY WOMEN
        KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME
        GOT SOMETHIN' IN MY POCKET
        KNOW YOU BEEN WAITIN' TO SEE

...my wallet...

...This is gwine-a be one helluva celebratory tour-a...not only celebratin' the return of King Edward and Diamond Dave...but also...THE ABSENCE OF ONE LYRICAL NIGHTMARE-A...SAMBO HAGGAR...SO LONG NOT SO NICE TO KNOW YA...

...fo' tailgatin'...gonn' need to bring some monkeys...palm trees...whuskey in the jar-o...drinkin' homebrew from a wooden cup...gonn have ta buy up a 2 month supply of Smokin' Loon so Eddie won't even have the option...cigareets, whuskey, and some wild, wild women...a pig in de groun'...a mojo hand...some dice...some cards...some pimps...some bookies...rabbit's foot...an American Indian tribe...beer on ice...a farmer's daughter...a ghetto blaster,,,a Doberman...an Irish Wolfhound...a black cat bone...tiki torches...a bonfire(bunch of sticks, wood, and Van Hagar & Sammy records and cd's)...a copy of Crazy From The Heat...a hookah...hookers...some John Lee Hooker on the radio...an elephant...or two...a horse named Me Wise Magic...a one-eyed midget...bottles of Jack Daniel's...turnip greens...ribs...chicken...a Rooster...couple of sheep...for the symbiology......watermelon...corn...Heineken...bikini models...Playbunnies...Dahm triplets...Dolemite records...Cuban cigars...LET'S HAVE A PARTY NAH NAH YEZ YEZ...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Re: What is your pre-show routine going to be for the Van Rothin' 2007 Tour show/s y'

Originally posted by Loons The Great

...anyone goin' to do the patented Roth drum riser launch off of their flatbed pick up truck in the parkin' lot nah nah yez yezz?

'''I got myself a case of Georgia moonshine...,,,'''
          a

Ya ain't a real fan unless you break your foot on the landing.

Dahm triplets ?
          shit, I'm ridin with you.

A bottle of everything and 2 glazed donuts made with hennessy, inflatable microphone in mah pants I'm just happy to see ya californiaaaaa, fuck the drivin I'm parachutin to mah seat,
          ow yeah baybehh

(will the stations get rid of VanHagar from the lists ?)

Comment

• jharp84
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
            if going with you juice...shit, i better start training !!
            BABY STEPS BRO!! I CHILL IT DOWN!!

Comment

• jharp84
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

After 22-23 years! I believe we can "LET IT RIP" LOTTSA FRUSTRATION THERE AND HERE!!!!!!! LOTTSA FUCKIN BLUES AS WELL!! (little LOONS reference!) LOONS - YOUR NUMBER ONE!! JUICE

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                Sniper
                • Feb 2007

Re: What is your pre-show routine going to be for the Van Rothin' 2007 Tour show/s y'all

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                [B]...anyone goin' to do the patented Roth drum riser launch off of their flatbed pick up truck in the parkin' lot nah nah yez yezz?
                B]

In 1979 my routine was. Score a bag of weed, roll it all up in cherry flavored papers, made sure my pint of MD20/20 wasn’t noticeable in my sock and making sure I brought some fireworks so I can throw on those poor people sitting on the floor section while I sat in the upper section.. I feel really bad about the last one though.... In 2008. My only routine will be to drop the kids off at the in-laws. So you guys can smoke your weed and my kids won’t get a contact high and become a stoner like I was.
                https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• J Curling
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

First I am going to fly across the world, then check in at a nice hotel in Charlotte, have a drink and get the party started.... Hell, this is Roth'N'Roll history!!

First I was planning on not listening to any VH up to the opening night, but yesterday a friend e-mailed a bunch of live links on youtube. Stuff from 81-84, and man I got goosebubs (or how d'ya spell it!?)... Especially from this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzTFFuEOJj4

So I had a relaps and what do you know, here I am listening to Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love for breakfast :-)
                  The Hammerguy

Comment

• J Curling
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

relapse...... coffee + keyboard = not good...
                    The Hammerguy

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Five years ago the pre gig ritual went something like this:

One week before: begin listening to the band's back catalogue.

Day of the gig: Crank band's back catalgoue, much to the annoyance of neighbours.

3Pm: begin drinking, do a few lines of coke if your friend has actually remembered to get any,

5Pm: spend half an hour getting ready, ie looking as scruffy as is humanely possible. Make sure you are suitably drunk

7Pm: arrive at gig. Try and get the phone number of every cute girl in the line, whether they are with a boyfriend or not. Possibly have a fight(s)

7.30Pm: doors open. More booze, find your seat, or if standing get as near to the sound desk as possible (usually where the gig will sound best).

But, since I've been sober and in a long term relationship, it goes something like this:

Drive to Mrs binnie's listening to band's CDs. Pick her up. Try and score a BJ on the journey to the gig. Find parking, complain about how much it costs. Look down scornfully on all the drunk people in the queue outside, secretly wishing you were one of them but remembering that you are not a very amiable drunk. Remember to keep complimenting Mrs binnie to raise chances of scoring a BJ later in the evening.

Get inside, get drinks (non alcoholic for you). Find Mrs binnie and tell the guy who's talking to her to kindly fuck off. Find T-shirt stand, find seats.

Actually remember an entire gig the whole way through. In all seriousness, it's much better that way.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                        Actually remember an entire gig the whole way through. In all seriousness, it's much better that way.
                        I hear ya Binnie. When I first saw CVH in 1979 I only remember 3 things. Light Up the Sky was the first song. Dave was wearing a cowboy hat and he was waving a Texas Flag. And Dave telling a story about his shotgun named Ole’ Joe. I really wished I wouldn’t have smoke all those cherry flavored joints when I was at that concert. I was only12 years old. That was a funny routine you posted.
                        https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• saint
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by J Curling
                          First I am going to fly across the world, then check in at a nice hotel in Charlotte, have a drink and get the party started.... Hell, this is Roth'N'Roll history!!
                          How much is the plane ticket, and what route are you planing to take?
                          http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Well right now I'm trying to gather anyone going to the Greensboro, NC for us all to meet at Fat Dogs grill. Cause I would be looking really stupid trying to tailgate with a Hyundai.

Comment

• J Curling
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

Saint!
                              4900SEK or approx $700. Route: Sthlm-Chicago-Charlotte..

Extremely cool price..
                              The Hammerguy

Comment

Working...