Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rocknrolldork
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

The bad overdubs and overproduction make Live a weak album. Unleashed is classic.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

I honestly don't have a problem with it. It captured Priest at a very different moment in their career, and it was really where I got onboard with Priest (Parental Guidance and Turbo Lover were getting hevay rotation on the radio).

I learned that first, discovered the rest down the road, and because of that, Live still holds a warm spot in my heart...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Live was still a lot more listenable than Horseshit of Retribution was...

Honestly, after I heard that album, I wished Ripper was still with them...

And the upcoming Nostrahorseshit concept album? Don't get me started on what a great idea THAT is...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Re: "Unleashed in the East" VS "Priest...Live!"

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
          Okay, so the tracklist is heavily stacked with "Turbo" material but there is still a shitload of 80`s Priest classics.

Eh?
          Everybody figured they were gonna start sounding like grindcore, and they did. That's why people hate that record. I don't really hate it.

Halford probably fucked Anselmo up the butt alot while on hiatus!!!!!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            Live was still a lot more listenable than Horseshit of Retribution was...

Honestly, after I heard that album, I wished Ripper was still with them...

And the upcoming Nostrahorseshit concept album? Don't get me started on what a great idea THAT is...

I really liked "Angel of Retribution". Some real killer stuff on their.
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Mr Badguy
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: "Unleashed in the East" VS "Priest...Live!"

Originally posted by rustoffa
              Everybody figured they were gonna start sounding like grindcore, and they did. That's why people hate that record. I don't really hate it.

Halford probably fucked Anselmo up the butt alot while on hiatus!!!!!
              I don`t hate "Turbo".

It`s just when I think of it I think more of "Parental guidance" than the killer stuff like "Reckless", if you know what I mean.
              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
                CHRIST THAT WAS AWESOME!!! i will always be a Judas fan till the day i die. here was the way we tried to do it in 1983 with only 5 mic's on my drum kit, chopy but ok.
                <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sr1JV1UQKqI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sr1JV1UQKqI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                i was punchin the hell out of the Bass Drums but you cant hear em...they for got to turn em on.lol we were Spinal Tap.
                Awesome cover.

Bad moustaches.
                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                  I really liked "Angel of Retribution". Some real killer stuff on their.
                  That's cool...to me, I thought it was a very weak rotation...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: &quot;Unleashed in the East&quot; VS &quot;Priest...Live!&quot;

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                    I don`t hate "Turbo".

It`s just when I think of it I think more of "Parental guidance" than the killer stuff like "Reckless", if you know what I mean.
                    I was referring to people hating "Priest...Live!"

In all honesty, I'm not sure if anyone really hates it. If anyone does, they can watch this!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ki3TpFZY7cU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ki3TpFZY7cU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Oct 2004

Gayest. Video. Ever.
                      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

Working...