I figured Ozzy might sing better than this...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrownSound1
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

I saw Ozzy years back on the Ozmosis tour, he sang pretty good then. This however is utter SHIT. ...and people give Dave a hard time, geezus.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
      Commando
      • Apr 2006

There is no question that Ozzy's best years are long behind him. Zakk's not helping much as he's become so fuckin' annoying.
      [

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
        What are all those stupid widdly fills about?

And that trebly tone?

I love that song on "Diary..." but that version is horrible.
        Sounds worse than stepping on a cat. Randy Roads he is not.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          Yup, bang on.

I saw Ozzy at Wembley arena in June. He certianly sang better than that, not much better mind. But he was never about being an amazing singer, and he managed to get the crowd going nuts, and created a real pressence, a real sense of an event. He is still a good frontman, although he should definately be thinking about packing it all in whilst he still has some credibility left.

But for Zakk Wylde was the problem: now I'm a BIG zakk wylde fan, love BLS and Pride and Glory, as well as his early work with Ozzy, and I think he used to really, really smoke as a player. But now it's self parody. Every Ozzy song was packed with fills and way too many pinch-harmonics, he absolutley murdered Crazy Train and Mr. crowley by making them sound messy and too busy. Oh, and he played the same solo he's been playing since 1988. Shame really.

Funny watching him try and play the outro-solo on Bark at the Moon though, he really struggled and had to alter it - why has no-one since Jake been able to nail that?

But it was a good show nonetheless. If Zakk had toned it down a little, it would have been much more enjoyable.
          Give me Toni Iommi anyday. Ozzy is great when he sings with his old Black Sabbath mates. Now that's solid rock and roll without the Eddie Van Halen wannabe fills.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Give me Toni Iommi anyday. Ozzy is great when he sings with his old Black Sabbath mates. Now that's solid rock and roll without the Eddie Van Halen wannabe fills.
            Absolutely, it's just a shame that Sabbath was playing essentially the same setlist for ten years almost, becasuse Ozzy can't sing most of the stuff on Sabbotage and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath anymore.

Ozzy with Zakk would be killer if Zakk would just tone it down a little.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

I am sure his hearing isnt helping his tone either. ozzy is old and his hearing is prob shot. that wont help you sing very well.

not that I am making an excuse cause ozzy does sound like shit.
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Ozzy's voice is fixed in almost every song in the live at budokan dvd !!! He's jumping up and down on half the songs not singing into the mic and his voice is loud and clear, The vocals on bark at the moon might be the only one's not fixed. OZ RULES BUT HIS DAY IN THE SUN IS OVER !!

Comment

• monkeythe
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Apr 2004

At least the tickets to Ozzfest were free this year. But even at that price I think I would have had to leave.

Comment

Working...