X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xk319
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2007

A quick question about ticketmaster

I'm buying 9 tickets for a group of us. Most venues show only 8 at a time possible. Those of you who have experience, what should be my plan of action regarding this?

Will there be a block of greater than 8 available on release day (on the pull down menu)? Or will it be a case where I have to buy a lot of 5 then another lot of 4 and just hope the two sets are close to each other?
  • DirtyDeeds
    Roadie
    • Mar 2007

I would probably call them on the phone and purchase tickets that way. Perhaps if you got them to give you a 9-seat block and you paid with 2 or more credit cards, they'd be cool with it.

Comment

• crazylevi
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Feb 2007

You can only buy 8 tickets. Trying to use 2 credit cards will just confuse the salesperson.

Besides...9 people?! I guarantee you at least 3 people will bail out before all is said and done, sticking you with unwanted shitty tickets (since you are getting 8 you know they will be in the rafters). Seriously, don't worry about it. Just buy 8 there's no way in hell all 9 people will actually show up on gameday.

Personally I think you are nuts for taking responsibilty on 8 tickets but good luck. I never buy more tickets than I am willing to eat if I have to bring someone for free (and that means 2)

Comment

• xk319
        Full On Cocktard
        • Feb 2007

I am requiring all the cash in my hand before buying

Thanks for the heads up on only being able to buy 8 per card holder btw.

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

get someone else to buy them as well

Comment

• kohoutek
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Nov 2005

The 8 ticket limit is per household, period. If you buy 8 today and 1 one month from now, they will very likely cancel the orders. That's true even if you use 2 different credit cards. The rule is enforced at the shipping/credit card billing address level. Your best bet is to buy 5 and have someone else buy 4.

Comment

• xk319
              Full On Cocktard
              • Feb 2007

Everything is cool, we had one cancel. We have the golden 8 now.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'd break it up to 4 + 4.
                I'm curious to see what you end up with for 8 together. Not being shitty, just curious.. let us know.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• xk319
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Feb 2007

Well, fortunately, we are going for $50 cheap seats in the upper deck. We should be good to go.

Comment

Working...