• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Here comes the vomit!

KNAC Interview Preview

KNAC.COM's Jeff Kerby just finished speaking to Sammy Hagar for a feature interview scheduled to appear on the site this coming weekend. To pique your interest, Kerby thought this candid reaction from Sammy regarding the curent VAN HALEN reunion tour would do the trick:

KNAC.COM: I know you love playing music with Michael Anthony, so that being said, what does a VAN HALEN reunion mean to you without Michael Anthony….or David Lee Roth's original hair?

Hagar: I wouldn't do it without Mike. On the last reunion, and I'm telling you this straight up — this is stuff I've never really said actually — they wanted to throw Mike out then. Why? I don't know. I still can't understand why Ed [Van Halen] has it out for Mike. Mike is the nicest guy in the world, and he's an unbelievable player. He's also an incredible singer and a professional. Mike is a guy who goes out every night and does a perfect job — a 10 every night — it's not even a 9.5. Why would you want to get rid of a guy like that? I don't know what happened between them somewhere when I wasn't around, but I just said, "No, I won't do it without Mike." My manager said, "You put a gun in Mike's hand to negotiate with these guys." I said, “you're damn right because I'm telling you, the agency, the promoters and the band that I will not go out and do a VAN HALEN reunion show without Michael Anthony." Obviously, someone else doesn't feel that way because Mike isn't there. Honest to God — it's none of my business. If Eddie wants to play with his son, fine. I love my son too, but I got him a different job. (laughs) I just think that it should be Mike. They will do good without him, and it's a shame. At the same time, I just think the fans are gonna walk away with a little bit of a disappointment because Mike's a big part of that band."

The truest statement in that piece was "Honest to God — it's none of my business." But what a great way to ride the gravy train, moron.

TAG
    I brought my pencil!!!
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
    Hagar: "Mike is a guy who goes out every night and does a perfect job"
    Sure his job blows.

Here particularly comes the vomit.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
      Veteran
      • Sep 2004

Not a great Sammy fan here, but what´s wrong with what he said?
      http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

That Sammy doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut on anything. Like I said, his truest statement is that it's none of his business. So why is he interjecting his opinion on it?
        I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

same here not a hagar fan but that was the question....his poinion. yes the van halen show will be great without mike but it would be better with him. im tired of all this mike stuff anyway. either you are going to the show or not. tickets for my show go on sale mon. i could buy 5 star tix for fresno wich is like 4 hours away but im debating

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Who is Sammy Hagar?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
              Commando
              • Mar 2003

Who is Sammy Hagar?
              David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
              "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Wow.

Sure didn't take long for Fagar to open his big mouth again.

His comments are irrelevant anyway.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Exactly.
                  I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Jim Shetterlini
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
                    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
                    Right on Bro! Besides who reallly gives a big "cabo shit " what this old angry guy says anyway. You have got to remember he wasn't much before Van Halen and he isn't much now either.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

That Sammy doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut on anything. Like I said, his truest statement is that it's none of his business. So why is he interjecting his opinion on it?
                      He just need to shut the hell up...Sammy need to shut the hell up. He sounds like he's jelous however. But he is a fat ass-clown so what do you exspect?
                      http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                      Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• BrownSound1
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

As usual Sammy is trying to ride on Dave's coattails. He can't stand to not be in the spotlight when it comes to VH.

Comment

• kamaboko
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Nov 2006

Because he was asked what he thought a VH tour meant w/o Michael Anthony.

I hate these kinds of post b/c there are so many fucking sheep that reply to them (e.g., "yeah...fuck MA"..."fuck Sammy", etc).

Do people here often talk shit about other people they don't even know?

Comment

• 5150 CENT
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Aug 2007

Cmon now did Michael Anthony refuse to play with Van Halen

without Dave? No he didn't

DId he refuse to play with them without Sammy? No he didn't

Comment

• 5150 CENT
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Aug 2007

Cmon now did Michael Anthony refuse to play with Van Halen

without Dave? No he didn't

DId he refuse to play with them without Sammy? No he didn't

Stop freaking blaming DAVE for everything and move on with the "Other Half Asses"

Comment

Working...