X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    It's nice how assholes download this stuff, then completely disregard the taper's request and convert it too lossy shit...

And dudes, if you cant figure out FLAC after about five minutes, you're retards...

VLC player will play FLAC files, FLAC program will convert them easily to WAV files, and programs like NERO will burn them with no conversion after some mods. And everything I mentioned is a free download...

This sounds familiar...now who was it that was extreme/militant about this subject?...what was his name?...

Just fucking around...I dont want to start that shit again...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
      This sounds familiar...now who was it that was extreme/militant about this subject?...what was his name?...

Just fucking around...I dont want to start that shit again...

Well, if you wouldn't have kept reposting shit in MP3?!

Seriously. I guess I'm a bit of a prick on this one because it's a"virgin" Van Halen bootleg (no pun intended ).

I have some experiences with new U2 boots, but not VH. Most or all older VH boots were available in either MP3 or FLAC, this one wasn't.

But people are gonna do what they do. Pretty soon, MP3-sourced boots will start showing up for sale on Ebay....
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Also, people need to use their friggin heads and do what the taper asks...otherwise he/she might not want to share any more recordings...
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Kennedy
          Groupie
          • Mar 2004

MP3s

Frankly, my ears can't tell a difference btwn the 2 formats, but I always respect the wishes of folks on Dime not to distribute anything in MP3 format.

I do take the liberty of converting files to MP3 if I want a show on my iPod, but I only keep flac files on my hard drive for future sharing on Dime.

Comment

• svrwthr
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
            Here's the MP3 for anyone who doesn't have a clue about flac's and torrents or whatever else is going on up there.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fn2l07
            Torrents are slow compared to XDCC or mIRC. Plus I didn't feel like signing up for that friggin forum just for the file and possibly no seeders. I thank You for you link, much faster and easier.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...thr2/Roll1.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: MP3s

Originally posted by Kennedy
              Frankly, my ears can't tell a difference btwn the 2 formats, but I always respect the wishes of folks on Dime not to distribute anything in MP3 format.

If one plays it on a really good system, you probably can...

I do take the liberty of converting files to MP3 if I want a show on my iPod, but I only keep flac files on my hard drive for future sharing on Dime.
              So do I. There's nothing wrong with using MP3/AAC files for personal use in your iPod or whatever...

The problem comes out when people trade MP3 sourced materials using CDs which pollutes the trading pool...

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                Veteran
                • Apr 2004

Wow, this sounds fucking awesome!!!!!!!!

Great show!!!!
                http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  The problem comes out when people trade MP3 sourced materials using CDs which pollutes the trading pool...
                  Well...I don't do that. I probably won't even burn it to a disc.
                  Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Wow, this is just an incredible recording! Props to the tapers for getting this AND for getting it out to the fans!

Not even a week has gone by since I rocked the fuck out at the Van Halen show that made history in Charlotte and I can listen to it on my way to work today...

Just awesome, simply awesome....

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Philly is on Jamtothis now.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Stream it here: http://www.rockconfidential.com/VanH...lotte2007.html

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

STELLAR RECORDING!

Listened to it all day at work.
                          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• bru87tr
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2004

the 2nd philly show is def the best so far. dave is ON and ed is shredding.

its great quality recording too for an audience recording.

I wish the shit was in flac though. why do people compress it to mp3 I dont know.

but still. the 2nd philly show is the best so far in audio quality and performance. dave kills on I'm The One & Romeo Delight.
                            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

Working...