Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ziggysmalls
    Full On Cocktard
    • Dec 2006

I gotta tell you that I am a fan of all eras. CVH has always been my favorite but for awhile there I was really loving Van Hagar. Of course that was in the late 80's and early 90's. Today when listening to it, it sounds like its dated from that period of time. Listening to CVH is classic rock. It will never be dated.

Anyway I went to three 2004 shows and not once did I think to myself "play Poundcake, Dreams or Right Now." If anything I wanted to hear Good Enough, 5150 or Aftershock.

I remember at the VH3 show how everybody said it was great to hear all those CVH songs again. Nobody complained that Poundcake or Dreams was not in the set list.

He is just pissed that the reviews are coming in and if this continues to be successful, his legacy will be diminished.

Comment

• hain23x
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

I just listened to a 2 hour show that laid waste to Van Hagar
      Eat Us and Smile!
      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by ziggysmalls

He is just pissed that the reviews are coming in and if this continues to be successful, his legacy will be diminished.

Ahahahaa...legacy....Ahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• light 'em up!
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2004

Re: SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
          I think that at the end of the night you're going to go, "I heard a bunch of great songs, but I wish I had heard 'Poundcake' or 'When It's Love' or 'Dreams' or 'Right Now'." You're going to miss those songs
          Hagar is delusional. Those songs were not missed tonight in Greensboro. I'll tell you that right now. Sammy wishes his sewage was missed.

Comment

• light 'em up!
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
            1st) Right Now is one of the greatest VH songs ever recorded. Lyrically and musically
            You're joking, right?
            That song is one of the most soulless, grooveless tunes Van Halen ever recorded. I never liked it. Not one bit.

Comment

• light 'em up!
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hain23x
              I just listened to a 2 hour show that laid waste to Van Hagar
              I just got back myself. It was off the charts!

I was expecting the worst. I came back in utter disbelief.

The show was STELLAR!!! It was everything a Van Halen concert should be.

And by the way, I loved Wolf! He totally did the job vocally and on the bass too!

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

One of the best things about the lastest incarantion..

Hagar is gone, forever it would seem.

Theres a couple of Rabid Halens and Roth nailing
                the lid on that old coffin as we speak....
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Hey Spammy...Have you seen Junior's tour?
                  http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• General Hina
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by kenny8
                    I don't hate Hagar, I just don't care about the guy like I don't care about numerous other bloated phoney rock acts.

But he can't help having a shot at Dave when he can though. "If Dave could sing his songs he wouldn't"

And his good buddy Mikey didn't spare sticking the knife into Hagar's back on the VH3 tour whenever he got the opportunity.

The thing Hagar fails to realise is that whilst his VH stuff was popular for a time, it has not aged well. Shit, disco was popular at the time too but nobody wants to hear that crap anymore either.

The disgrace that Brian May wants to foist onto people as Queen is a joke, but even he knows there's no point playing "Back Chat" or any of the stuff from that era that has dated

Damn I love me some "Back Chat." Every now and then I pull out the "Hot Space" CD and end up loving it.

Queen without Freddie just can't be done.

Over & Out,
                    General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
                      You're joking, right?
                      That song is one of the most soulless, grooveless tunes Van Halen ever recorded. I never liked it. Not one bit.
                      No I'm not. I love "Unchained", "DOA", "Little Guitars", etc... but I love "Right Now" just as much. Hey I even like 2 songs off VH III. "Without You" & "One I Want" are also 2 of my all-time favorite VH songs.

Over & Out,
                      General Hina

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by General Hina 1st) Right Now is one of the greatest VH songs ever recorded. Lyrically and Musically it is just awesome.
                        First time I heard it, I thought the same thing I did upon first hearing Bob's "Like a Rock"... did he write this generic sounding shit with full intent and hope of it being picked up as a frickin' commercial jingle??

It's better than "Up for Breakfast", I'll give ya that.

No soul... no groove... no bite... It's like cheap, creamy peanut butter with too much sugar added to cover up the lousy ingredients... far too "brite", like shiny fixtures and shit in a new double wide being passed off as "classy".

I'll take something with a little more grit, soul and sonic substance, myself, thank you.
                        Last edited by RogueHorseman; 09-30-2007, 09:14 AM.
                        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

LMAO!!!

Can you say delusional?? LOL!

Sam is an idiot.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ROTH IS VH
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by estang74
                            I think that at the end of the night you're going to go, "I heard a bunch of great songs, but I wish I had heard 'Poundcake' or 'When It's Love' or 'Dreams' or 'Right Now'." You're going to miss those songs, but anyways, those are the songs we'll play with THE OTHER HALF, the Van Hagar era, that Mikey and I and Vic and my drummer play and we do a good job. .

Eddie Van Halen or Vic Johnson ?

Im the One or When Its Love ?

Mean Streets or Dreams?

Decisions, decisions........

SHUT THE F@CK UP SAM. IT'S OVER......

THIS NEW SINGER THEY HAVE IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU SAM..WHATS HIS NAME AGAIN......OH YEAH...DAVID LEE "YOUR WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE COME TRUE SAMMY HAGAR" ROTH

Comment

• SparkieD
                              Veteran
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
                              Believe it or not I actually know someone who said he wouldn't buy tickets to this show because they wouldn't play Poundcake, Finish What You Started, and Right Now.

Shit, I wouldn't have bought tickets if they had that crap in their setlist
                              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                              Originally posted by rustoffa
                              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The funny thing about Hagar's smack here is he could never sing any of the CVH stuff worth a shit...

Comment

Working...