X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Wow...you don't think too highly of yourself do you...this is nail biting stuff really.
    uh...wha?
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

Just to let you all know, the ARmy is hosting some very handsome men as well!

And thank you for the compliments. Hubby's not jealous like that. He loves it when men find me attractive.

It was a pleasure meeting you all.
      Oh and Fairwarning, you've got some gorgeous hair!
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• riggodrill44
        Roadie
        • Nov 2004

Are you serious?

Red Rocker Revolution???

Are those the people who leave the concert saying, "On Fire, I'm the One, Mean Street, DOA... why didn't they play 5150 or When It's Love?"

Hey, Red Rocker Revolution... lose the tour schedule. We don't want to see your lame banners or you sitting motionless with your arms folded in front of you with a scowl on your puss.

So, go get a shot of tequila, get in your 4 door sedan, which I am sure is painted red, put on your local lite rock FM station and take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese.

We'll be handling the real rock 'n roll from now on.
        Last edited by riggodrill44; 09-30-2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• light 'em up!
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          I was pessimistic.
          I was expecting the worst too, and man was I wrong.

It was better than good. It was so good that if the tour comes close to me again, I will go for a seat in the Pit.
          Last edited by light 'em up!; 09-30-2007, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• light 'em up!
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2004

If the rest of the tour is half as good as what I saw last night, the Van Hagar era will begin to take it's rightful place in history as one of the greatest piles of shit ever to emerge from rock & roll.

We at the Army have always known that, and now the rest of the world is about to get educated on this topic.

Sammy must be crapping his pants now, becasue he of all people knows the truth. He's always known and he's always feared Roth because of it.
            Last edited by light 'em up!; 09-30-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Part5: The Parking Lot

Yes Wiseguy...I'm the most important person in the whole wide word...you little douchebag you...

Okay...the big deal with the parking lot was simple. In Hagar lots, both versions of Van Halen have always been played....period...end of story.

I wanted to mingle around...and see how true that was with the Roth Crowd...or more preferable...wasn't...

After cramming into the sardine-can one more time...to the coliseum we went...and of course...as we pulled in...there's the crew from Big Dogs throwing around the frisbee.

Let me clear up the "throwing the frisbee around" to, the frisbee would get thrown...nobody would catch it, and off they'd all go...running after it. By the time we pulled in the slot, they had put the frisbee away...thank all that's holy.

We partook in a few beers, and started shooting the shit about the Army, and some of the other sites. Let's just say there were some interesting thoughts on all of the sites...

With that said, the parking lot was full of Van Halen...and not one radio or CD player had anything that remotely SOUNDED like Bette's greatest hits. As a matter of fact, the predominant discs all seemed to be VH boots. This was obviously a crowd of serious VH fans. It says a lot that there's a crowd of people that really can't sell out a show anymore...that play ALL VH as though it were equal...and a BIGGER fan base...real VH fans...that know to play Van Bette is sacriligious.

Such is life.

After a bit of talk...a car pulled in next to our spot carrying a couple of buxom VH fans...Charlene Tilton and Nancy...

It didn't take long for Hyman to turn into an episode of "The Pick-Up Artist." Hyman was workin' the ladies over, but it was closing towards 8:00...so with a couple of pat's on the ass, and directions to Big Dog's after the show, off we went...it was closing on 8:00, and Brother of Ziggy was nearly over.

It was time to head to the Arena...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

LMAO...did somebody call Pojo full of himself..
                Yeah..that fuckin guy..offered to pay for the coliseum parking..offered me a spot in the hotel room floor since I had a few beers..what a prick.
                And thanks for the compliment Elly..glad you're hubby is not the jealous type..he's fuckin huge...he would get in a fight every time you guys went out..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yeah...I offered to take his ticket on the floor four inches away from the fucking stage...

but he didn't accept...the sumbitch...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• wiseguy
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2004

Ha ha ha, sorry...didn't mean to throw you off your game...what are you doing talking to me??keep typing man I gots to know WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!
                    Stay frosty now.
                    Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

Oh, and PB...just so you know...as far as Alias' go...WARF isn't everyone...just most everyone...
                      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

It was a pleasure throwing down some beers with Plexi-Brown
                        Thanks Pojo! It was a good time! Yesterday was a reminder of what Van Halen with Dave is all about. It was a pleasure drinking a few with you too.
                        Last edited by PlexiBrown; 09-30-2007, 06:13 PM.
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Pojo, I'm glad you changed your mind and went to the show. It sounds like the Roth Army was well represented.

AWESOME!

Cheers to all that went, and thanks for the reviews.
                          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Part 6: THE SHIRT

Here's a surreal moment, and if you are checking out the show...check it out for yourself. It looks like being a VH fan in the 70's and 80's paid off. In the parking lot, the cars sure as fuck have changed from banked up GTO's and Camaros...

I saw Beamers, BMW's, Mercedes, a Jag, a bunch of Lexus' and two Vettes. That was just on the way from where we were parked...there was half a lot that we didn't even see.

I was also a bit taken with the variety of fans. You had a slew of people varying in age from their 50's and 60's...to their teens. There were a bunch of Dad's bringing their kids to show their sons that Rock and Roll THEN was much better than NOW...except for Then COULD BE Now...

Oh Yeah...the shirt...

Va Beach decided to squeeze his ass into his 1984 tour shirt.

I want to say it was this shirt...but I truly didn't pay all that much attention to it...although I was probably the only one on the planet.

So...we start walking around, looking for a pisser. We find one, and it's like the WOMEN'S Rest room at every major sporting event in the country...lined out the door from the overconsumption of booze.

Then...it began...

Up Comes Redneck Bob...

"Yo'dere! Is dat dere shirt the real deal, whowee, I had one of dem dere shirts myself. I cn't fit in me shirt do...whowee, good to see dat shert!"

He went on...and on...and on...

Chripes...he just needed to add a dowa' or a jaeat to make it complete.

As we walked around the building...you would have thought that VaBeach was a fucking Victoria's Secret model. I saw more dude's head's snap to look at his shirt, as I would have had if I had a naked Elle MacPherson walking next to me. No offense Va...but I'd pick Elle every fucking time...

Yeah, the girls were interested as well. I stopped to look at NEW shirts, and I look over to Va...who's waiting in a corner next to one end of the arena...and the next thing I know...she flashing her tits at him. No, we didn't get to nipple...but we got fucking close. When I asked him what the fuck was going on...when I got over there...he told me she was going to show her ample rack for the shirt...

Va still has the shirt...she got pissed the hell off...DAMN YOU VA!

In all seriousness, there was such a freakin' cross section of hot women...of all ages...It was dumbfounding...

Then there was fucking Fabio...with the feathered mullet straight out of the 70's. He had on a new tour shirt...with the sleaves cut off. Who knew that Fabio was A VAN HALEN FAN. GO FABIO YOU FAGGOT! Talk about ridiculous.

This is also where Vain became known as the fly on the wall...that motherfucker WAS EVERYFUCKINGWHERE!

Yeah, there was even a Shambone Hagarolio lookalike...with a grean beachcomer shirt...long, nappy, curly hair...

yeah...nice look Red Rocker Revoloser...

It was 8:30...and time to head into the arena...

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

For those that met up - glad you all had fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Part 7: Pre-Game Show

I have got to tell you...there was some serious buzz in the arena. It was in the concourse, and boy...I can't even tell you the sound in the arena. It was jammed packed, and the anticipation was unbelievable.

Of course, there was the VH blimp flying all over the place. Once we were in our seats, I called Fairwrning...and got his locale. He still didn't want to change seats...but to let you know the noise...I couldn't hear him from that 'buzz.'

It was electric...everyone was pumped. There were some couples all around Va and myself...which was a bit odd for a Roth show...but like I said...this crowd was a cross section OF EVERYONE.

At about 8:40, they started running sound checks from Wolfie's side...and the damn crowd started going crazy...

and there was Va...next to me...yawning in anticipation. You yawning bastard. I don't know if he saw someone yawning...or what the fuck...but the next thing I know...half the rows around me are yawning...surreal...because I was lit with anticipation, as they unveiled the setup. Remember...I knew NOTHING about it. There was a Mammoth screen in the background...with an S-Shape portion of stage that started behind Al's drum kid, about 20-feet high...and snaked down to the floor, and out into the crowd, so that VH could roll out into the crowd.

The crowd was getting louder, and of course...the every three minute sound-check was creating a sort of frenzy.

I had a nice view of the girl in front of me...who just had the biggest boobers I had ever seen...which made me revisit how HOT most of the women were there, but that's beside the point...VH...

At 8:50, we noticed that there was smoke or steam blowing out of some of the sound and light boards...I'm sure they were supposed to do that...but hell...it made me think it was all part of what was to come. Nobody was paying attention to the smoke...

Then the lights went down...

Comment

Working...