I need some advice about playing "Little Guitars"....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddie's Booze
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2007

I need some advice about playing "Little Guitars"....

Now Eddie retunes his "Little Guitar" to:-

Low E:- F
    Low A:- C
    D:- F
    G:- B Flat
    B:- D
    E:- G

Well, I have a Capo but it is too confusing to use a Capo with that song because of some of the Chords in it and stuff.

So my questions are....

Could I retune all the way up to G on the High E(I use 9's)?

Or should I just buy a mini-scale little guitar?

Hope you guys can help me!

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...moking_dog.jpg

• rocknrolldork
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

You should be able to retune your high E to a G. You might snap a string or 2 doing it but once you get it, unless you bend the shit out of it, the string should hold.

Also....... Try 10's or 11's instead of 9's. Especially for practicing. You will be amazed at how easy it will be to bend 9's after that. You may never use 9's again after you hear the meatiness of 11's on your electric though.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by rocknrolldork
      You should be able to retune your high E to a G. You might snap a string or 2 doing it but once you get it, unless you bend the shit out of it, the string should hold.

Also....... Try 10's or 11's instead of 9's. Especially for practicing. You will be amazed at how easy it will be to bend 9's after that. You may never use 9's again after you hear the meatiness of 11's on your electric though.
      Or start playing bass. That will build your hands up and when I grab a guitar now it feels like a little toy and you can bend the stings until they snap. The big mindblow is how little the fret spaces suddenly have become.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Or just get used to the capo?
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...