X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vh rides again
    Commando
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    Be careful. Someone is gonna brand you a sheep.

Any criticism of DLR on this board, however honest, will draw out the blind, who will then accuse you of being a Hagar fan.

BTW, I wouldn't say Dave is concentrating on his singing, cuz that is piss poor too. Remembering all the words has nothing to do with singing, and Dave is still missing words and fucking up the lyrics.
    your an idiot, you obviously have never seen david lee roth in your life and have no idea what you are talking about, what you are saying is nonsense, unbelievable bullshit.
    dont try and tell me youve seen david lee roth before, because i can tell that you have never been to one of his shows in your life especially a vanhalen concert with dave..

im trying to figure out what show you are old enough to have seen that dave was acctually singing better than he is today, what year you are comparing him to. and ive seen em all cept one, and from what i see of those shows (1984) he wasnt singing all that great.

why dont you head back to sammyville where you came from, i dont think you have anything to offer to this site other than mindless dribble.

now get kicking stones dickhead.

Comment

• franksters
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

imo Dave is doing more than any other singer around right now, name me 1 band that the singer moves the crowd like Dave does and then maybe we can talk and compare showmanship, besides Mick Jagger there's not a lot outhere, including past, and present time...
      SUMMER'S JUST
      AROUND
      THE CORNER!

[IMG]
      http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• Ra Power
        Roadie
        • Aug 2007

I've seen VH twice with Dave, '82 and '84, and trust me, it wasn't a constant Jackie Chan show even back then. Doing that night after night would get tiring pretty quickly and be VERY hard on the joints, even at 30. Why did you see him doing a lot of that stuff in videos? Because he knew he was being filmed, that's why.
        Last edited by Ra Power; 10-03-2007, 10:14 PM.
        ...I'm just skin 'n bones.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3...74largehi6.jpg
        http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9199/justfatwz4.jpg

Comment

• dave_is_vh
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
          he is trying to do a good job singing and not be a showboat, which i would bet good money on, is 50% of the problem eddie vanhalen and him had in the past.
          That is pretty fucking insightful. I think you are on to something. Perhaps part of the deal to let Dave back on the band was that Dave had to focus more on singing and less on showboating. You are pretty sharp.
          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• TN Dave Fan
            Full On Cocktard
            • Mar 2004

I can't believe anyone would even suggest that Dave was less then impressive - based on friggin' boots on youtube. Go to the SHOW... see the man live before your naked steaming eyes and you'll know - no nervousness, not a loss for words, moving and grooving, HAVING FUN, and singing his ass off .... I was in Greensboro and I've seen him solo... Greensboro was better. As Chong said - we've waited 22 years and it was all about experiencing the REAL VH. But Dave and Eddie were spot on ...
            All is finally right with the world - Van Halen has finally gotten back together.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Also Dave seems intent on being Van Halen's final singer. So he is probably going a little more out of his way than normal to make Ed happy. And vice versa most likely.

Comment

• vh rides again
                Commando
                • Dec 2006

Be careful. Someone is gonna brand you a sheep.

Any criticism of DLR on this board, however honest, will draw out the blind, who will then accuse you of being a Hagar fan.

BTW, I wouldn't say Dave is concentrating on his singing, cuz that is piss poor too. Remembering all the words has nothing to do with singing, and Dave is still missing words and fucking up the lyrics.
                lets see, your 36 years old, that meens you were 13 last time david lee roth sang with vanhalen which was 1984 tour, so since dave is singing like shit, you are basing that on which concert that you seen?
                because ill tell you he hasnt sang like this, years before 1984.

im wondering if you have been to concerts when you were 7? maybe and seen dave singing on fire really really well or maybe it was for vanhalen 2 but i doubt you can remeber that concert since you were 8-9 years old, so what the fuck are you basing all your shit reviews on?

ive came to the conclusion that you are a fucking sheep herding faggot and might as well take the wolfs clothing off.

Comment

• vh rides again
                  Commando
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                  That is pretty fucking insightful. I think you are on to something. Perhaps part of the deal to let Dave back on the band was that Dave had to focus more on singing and less on showboating. You are pretty sharp.
                  well your the dumbfuck that asked a dumb fucking question, (umm why dont dave do his kicks no more)( umm does dave look a little outa place?)

next thing you gonna want to know, is whether he will wear his assless chaps.

your a fuckin retard, get used to it, it aint 1984.
                  Last edited by vh rides again; 10-03-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                    Veteran
                    • May 2004

your an idiot, you obviously have never seen david lee roth in your life and have no idea what you are talking about, what you are saying is nonsense, unbelievable bullshit.
                    dont try and tell me youve seen david lee roth before, because i can tell that you have never been to one of his shows in your life especially a vanhalen concert with dave..

im trying to figure out what show you are old enough to have seen that dave was acctually singing better than he is today, what year you are comparing him to. and ive seen em all cept one, and from what i see of those shows (1984) he wasnt singing all that great.

why dont you head back to sammyville where you came from, i dont think you have anything to offer to this site other than mindless dribble.

now get kicking stones dickhead.
                    I've seen Dave lots of times you delusional idiot. His singing sucked each time except ALAE.

You're nuts to think he's singing better than ever. It's ridiculous.

He hasn't sang well since 1991.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

well your the dumbfuck that asked a dumb fucking question, (umm why dont dave do his kicks no more)( umm does dave look a little outa place?)

next thing you gonna want to know, is whether he will wear his assless chaps.

your a fuckin retard, get used to it, it aint 1984.
                      Are you 41 or 14?

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Ra Power
                        "Baby's On Fire", and you're not a Hagar fan? Sure. I'll tell you what, I lost all respect for Shammy in 2004. I had the 5 star and all the ORIGINAL members did a short meet 'n greet after the soundcheck, in recognition of the ticket price and our decades as fans. Hell, I even had a conversation with Wolfie. Where was Sham? Hiding out in his dressing room, that's where. He was too good to come out and meet the fans who made him when Ed and Al, the real VH, weren't. What a punk.

Well have you beat. I've never had any respect for Sammy and never will.

He did nothing but ride Dave's coat tails, and then bad mouth him for 20 years.

That has nothing to do with this thread.

DLR is great, he's still great. My only beef is all the sheep and apologists trying to claim it's better than ever. It's a ridiculous statement. It's not even close,but I never expected it to be.

I'm being honest, and calling it like it is. Be delusionbal all you want, it changes nothing.

No, I'm not "bitter". I'm not living my life on this board, living my life through Dave. I check in to see what's going on, and deride punks like little Nicky once in a while.

Gimme a break with all your bullshit that I must be a sheep cuz I'm honest. It's a joke.
                        '

Comment

• Ra Power
                          Roadie
                          • Aug 2007

I don't know, critics, who tend to be harsh with reunited classic rock acts, are saying nothing but good things. He must be doing something right.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

lets see, your 36 years old, that meens you were 13 last time david lee roth sang with vanhalen which was 1984 tour, so since dave is singing like shit, you are basing that on which concert that you seen?
                            because ill tell you he hasnt sang like this, years before 1984.

im wondering if you have been to concerts when you were 7? maybe and seen dave singing on fire really really well or maybe it was for vanhalen 2 but i doubt you can remeber that concert since you were 8-9 years old, so what the fuck are you basing all your shit reviews on?

ive came to the conclusion that you are a fucking sheep herding faggot and might as well take the wolfs clothing off.

I NEVER said Dave sang like shit while in VH, you colossal fucking idiot.

I said his singing was awesome in those days. He actually sang. Not the spoken word tour or the Elvis impersonation we've since since 1994.

His singing has sucked big time since 1991. PERIOD.

That's called being honest.

Comment

• Ra Power
                              Roadie
                              • Aug 2007

No, that's called "having an opinion".

Comment

• vh rides again
                                Commando
                                • Dec 2006

I NEVER said Dave sang like shit while in VH, you colossal fucking idiot.

I said his singing was awesome in those days. He actually sang. Not the spoken word tour or the Elvis impersonation we've since since 1994.

His singing has sucked big time since 1991. PERIOD.

learn to read sammy, i never said you said he sang like shit at any time before this tour, i asked you what you are basing your review on. how can you say hes singing like shit.

im wondering when you seen him sing better, or what concert boot youve listened to that he was tearing it up on.

im sticking to my conclusion that you are here to do nothing more than talk shit about david lee roth on this site.

ive tried to spell it out for you as best i can, i hope you get the question this time.

all i can do is keep asking the question, i cant fix stupid.

Comment

Working...