• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Will Van Halen Release A Live 2007-Tour DVD

And if they do, would you be satisfied?

Would you be pissed if they didn't release any live material from 1974-1984?

Certainly there are cameras present for the live screens. But is there any way of telling if the cameras are filming the tour for a live film release?
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

They better fucking release a DVD.

They should release tons of DVDs. It is easy money.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Hummarstra
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

NickDFresh, can I hijack your thread? I hope they release a DVD and include Oakland '81 on it.

So, everybody listen up.
      Should we mount a internet campaign or petition to get Dave and Ed to release Oakland? It seems we should seize the opportunity now and get our voices heard. Whaddya think?

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Live stuff on the view would be one more reason why Dave takes so much care of his vocals...
        It's very plausible that they'll release onstage recordings IMO.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

I'm in

Comment

• jharp84
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

What about 1980 Invasion film that was never released! As well!

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jharp84
              What about 1980 Invasion film that was never released! As well!
              now your talkin

Comment

• jharp84
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Rams - almost!! Fuck the cubs/bears! I still hate the Pack though!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Hummarstra
                  NickDFresh, can I hijack your thread? I hope they release a DVD and include Oakland '81 on it.

So, everybody listen up.
                  Should we mount a internet campaign or petition to get Dave and Ed to release Oakland? It seems we should seize the opportunity now and get our voices heard. Whaddya think?
                  Been done, use the search function or go through Dave PA Rentals threads...

(but somehow I'm getting the feeling that you already knew that...)
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-07-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Will they?

Who knows.

They should, though, and not a case of 2007 OR the old stuff as a choice, either.

Release as much of it as they can (1978-1984, AND 2007) on a two or three disc set.

More than a few people are out there waiting for them to do it...more than few people are waiting to give them hard-earned coin for it, so if they don't it's a loss all the way around.

This band is way fucking overdue for some serious CVH box-set style releases. And the Hagar period has been MORE than represented in terms of both live stuff AND promo vids for official releases.

Dave's WITH the band again; time for all those fuckers to give themselves their due for the CVH stuff, rather than just using it to bolster sales of a coupple of BEST OF combo-era releases, neither of which would have sold SHIT had the Roth stuff not been on them.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• light 'em up!
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2004

Re: Will Van Halen Release A Live 2007-Tour DVD

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Will Van Halen Release A Live 2007-Tour DVD
                      Now that Dave is back in, I would bet on it!

Comment

• Ra Power
                        Roadie
                        • Aug 2007

Does a bear shit in the woods? :p
                        Of course they will, the brothers Van Halen never pass on a quick buck.
                        BTW, stories I've heard make Al an even bigger asshole than Ed, don't know how much truth there is to that. It's my understanding that most of the tension in CVH was between Al and Dave, not Ed and Dave.
                        ...I'm just skin 'n bones.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3...74largehi6.jpg
                        http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9199/justfatwz4.jpg

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I was at the Kiss show here in Va Beach in '04 that they taped for the "Rock the Nation" tour DVD (my son and I have a close-up during "I Was Made For Loving You", BTW)....

There were many more cameras than the few that are usually present for the local video screens.... Kiss had several guys walking around with small handheld models....

I did not see anything more than the norm at the Greensboro show...
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Ra Power
                            Roadie
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I was at the Kiss show here in Va Beach in '04 that they taped for the "Rock the Nation" tour DVD (my son and I have a close-up during "I Was Made For Loving You", BTW)....

There were many more cameras than the few that are usually present for the local video screens.... Kiss had several guys walking around with small handheld models....

I did not see anything more than the norm at the Greensboro show...
                            Yeah, but wouldn't you think they'd wait till later in the tour, when it was a little more finely honed? Rush had bocuop cams here, big, expensive HD models, I wonder if the next concert DVD isn't going to be from here.
                            ...I'm just skin 'n bones.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3...74largehi6.jpg
                            http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9199/justfatwz4.jpg

Comment

• JohnnyRapid
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jul 2006

Why havnt they released oakland 81?

You would think with all the cameras thay have going on this tour, someones recording it

Comment

Working...