Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

The Official Philly 10/3 Meetup/Review Thread

Please use this thread to discuss any preshow meetups, show reviews, setlists, debauchery with farm animals, and anything else related to the second Philly show.

Thanks,
    VA
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    11-28-2007 @ 10:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm 5 starring this one. PM me with any party plans! I'd love to rock out with any Army Members!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BUMP - Anyone in Philly Oct. 3rd? I'm I gonna be the only one reppin' the DLR Army?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BUMP AGAIN - less than a month fellas! Just booked the flight yesterday!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bump, will be stickied tomorrow, one week out....

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So I guess I will be the sole Army member at this show? One man with a mission?

Classic
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-24-2015 @ 02:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Blah Blah Blah
    So I guess I will be the sole Army member at this show? One man with a mission?
    Nope I'll be there. Section 113.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-13-2009 @ 02:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Just checked to see what tickets were left and typed in best available and came up with Floor section one row 6!!! Must be a late release of good seats. To bad I live in St. Louis.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just realized, the Phillies are playing in Game 1 right now right across the street from the Wachovia Center... The game should be over by 6PM or so....

Just in time for those 40,000 fans to further bog traffic with the 20,000 coming in to see VH tonight....

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Have a great time!!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

REVIEW?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2008 @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was lucky enough to have floor tickets (Section 5, Row 5) on 10/1 and had luxury box tickets on 10/3. I thought the show on 10/1 was amazing - one thing - Wolf kinda looked a bit unsure of himself. Dave was Dave - he did some high kicks but didn't jump around. Dave was on - better than he's been in years. He sung, didn't talk his way thru songs. On 10/3 - Eddie was on fire!!!! Wolfie actually looked like he enjoyed himself even throwing a few guitar picks into the audience Dave looked and sounded incredible (of course). He managed a few high kicks, the crowd went crazy when he did a few spin jumps. Ed stopped in the middle of a song and said it was an honor and privledge to be back.....again, the crowd went crazy.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Van Halen
    Wachovia Center
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    October 3, 2007

2nd Night

Setlist:

01 You Really Got Me
    02 I'm The One
    03 Runnin' With The Devil
    04 Romeo Delight
    05 Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    06 Beautiful Girls
    07 Dance The Night Away
    08 Atomic Punk
    09 Everybody Wants Some
    10 So This Is Love
    11 Mean Street
    12 Pretty Woman
    13 Drum Solo

Disc 2:

14 Unchained
    15 I'll Wait
    16 ...And The Cradle Will Rock
    17 Hot For Teacher
    18 Little Dreamer
    19 Little Guitars
    20 Jamie's Cryin'
    21 Ice Cream Man
    22 Panama
    23 Guitar Solo
    24 Ain't Talkin''Bout Love
    25 1984
    26 Jump

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DRRRWUH0

Classic
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-24-2015 @ 02:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

All I have to say is UNFUCKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!!! Great seat as I was sitting in 113 row 10. Perfect view of the stage and I did not have to look over anyone. Same set list as all previous shows. The only little thing Dave did not do was the Magic Bus line in Romeo Delight. He instead waited and said "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" Ed also wore camafloge pants. Ed used his number 4 Black Wolfie instead of the sunburst Wolfie and he used the black and white frankie in one of the songs. They had a little bit of a mix up with the sound in the early part of the show during the middle of one of the songs. I saw Ed go over to Dave and say something in his ear and Dave replied "I know" with a smile. I also saw Ed trying to get Wolfie to move around more. Wolfie came over to him at one point and Pops was telling him something in his ear. The whole show was amazing. Ed was right on and Dave was right on as well. Ed even said after Ice Cream Man "David Lee!!!" Backup vocals were good and Al was kick ass as usual. I used the Vater earplugs I picked up from Sam Ash last weekend. Those things are amazing. I pulled the plugs out for a song and it sounded very distorted but when I put them back in I could hear everything a lot clearer. Props to the dude in the percussion department for recommending them. My ears are not ringing either and I can here pretty good after the show. Well, one down and two more to go. I'm going to Jersey on 11/3 and then The Garden on 11/13. I can't wait.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-05-2007 @ 01:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I don’t post on here at all – but I check the site daily. Here is my Philly 10/3 recap (just on my adventure and little tidbits about how I felt about the rock – not giving the show away):

I hooked with section 5 row 9 tickets on a whim yesterday (deal of the year I might add) off of the craigslist. Left northern VA around 3 and got to the Wachovia center parking lot around 6pm. It was a slow arriving crowd as it should have been, for it was Wednesday. Once we parked some dudes were playing Van Hagar and this just infuriated me – so I cranked up some boots and live stuff, guzzled as many suds as possible and puffed down a few one hitters.

Slowly but surely the faithful rolled in. It was a broad rang of people and I thought that was good. The mini van next to us was full of ladies with a young kid driving. Apparently he was a son of one of the women – and today was his punishment: to drive them in and witness Van Halen (so they can rock it out with no worries). I told the kid he should remember this punishment till the day he dies. Mingling was in full effect as it should be with many people – lots from Long Island and Jersey. Sports talk also ensued with the Yankee fans (I pull for the sox.) Many beers were had and lots of green going down. I just loved to listen to the stories from back in the day. One bub that was there stated “I haven’t seen them since they opened up for Black Sabbath in 78.” – fuck yeah.

We missed the opener and rallied in around 8:30. The mighty VH was just going on as we got to our seats – and good seats they were. That’s when it happened. A fucking onslaught of rock, right out of the fuckin’ gate. On and on and on – one gem after another. Rock and roll is alive and well my friends. After all this time it didn’t matter: True veterans of the trade – precision like, cut after cut. Eddie shredded – when doesn’t he? He had some sound issues going on for a while and I enjoyed watching him work through it. He’s got a full arsenal of axes – some with some vintage stripe action going on to keep it consistent with Frankenstein (which was in the mix as well) – others with a spray painted #4 and radical pickup modifications – Man, I love that shit. On to DLR: Diamond Dave’s range was VERY impressive. The dude is ripped. I wonder how many red bulls he has before the show. On the antics front: you have to take it for what it is – the mofo is 50 something. He did what he could and it was good. Wolf is eddies offspring. He plays bass lines in front of 20 thousand people like it’s a walk in the park (or as if he’s playing xbox while munching on Doritos). Alex was sold as usual – The timekeeper should always get more credit – the solo with the tape was lame but what are you going to do. Oh yeah, and it was loud as balls and the sound was crisp– at one point my buddy chip and I looked at the house PA and the speakers were just pounding.

Was it a bit rough around the edges here and there? – Yes, but that’s rock and roll and that’s the way it should be.

I have been waiting for this for about 20 years. I had tears in my eyes for the greater part of this tilt. Yeah I missed Mike on bass, but it was cool seeing the innocence of Wolf playing to the masses. I was on my toes the entire show. Didn’t even grab a sud during the set or even piss – they keep you locked in.

Post show was an endless conversation of the rock was brought. More green and yuppie beers purchased from dudes who’s favorite songs are probably “Dreams” or “Love Comes Walking In” but they got us where we needed to be. Nothing like a major repaving job right down the street on 495 when leaving the venue – stuck in traffic for at least an hour. Rallied back with only one stop for coffee and piss. Hit my head on the pillow at 3am.

I thought to myself – life is good. Dreams of feedback and whammy bars made me sleep easy.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Great review stories and pics! Thanks!

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey guys, I'm listening to this show now and it smokes... but there's times where the bass and guitar seem really out of tune. Either Ed's not bringing his guitar back into tune after whammy bombs, or Wolfie is just just not hitting the right notes... or I'm crazy.

I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cheerios, but did anyone else hear this? It's especially noticable during Romeo Delight. It sounds like wolf doesn't know the song.

Any thoughts?

Thread Information