Thread: The rumors and innuendo

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The rumors and innuendo

Alright...let me give you a take...and if you don't give a shit what my take is...well...fuck you then...

1. Face facts here...is it possible? You bet your ass it's possible. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Heineken didn't call Dave and say we need to tour...because it would be a total 180 from what he's always said...Eddie that is...that bastard would get his dog fixed...then fuck him up the ass...

2. Is it true? You know...it may be...again...let's face facts here...the best way for Van Halen to make money...big time money...is to have Dave attached to this...I'm not saying that they wouldn't make money with Sammy...they will...but you know what...the real cash is the real deal...David...Lee...Roth...and it would (be a joke to me with the both of them) probably relegitimize that lying bastard guitarist because he made good with both lead singers that he jammed up the ass...

3. If it happens...will I go...look...I went to that travesty of a tour, Dave and the Dickhead Tour from Hell...so yeah...I'd go to see Roth with those lying bastards...and really have a fucking grand time bashing the hell out of Sam and the Chirellas while they are out there...

So...let me bottom line it for you...I DON'T think Roth is back with those bastards that are still using the name that should have been retired 20 years ago...I don't in the least. I do think it's in the realm of possibility though...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    after what im now seeing on daves official site, my faith is being renewed, maybe im just gullible, but a man can dream

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Pojo your a crazy ass mo fo, but your points are always pinned on the chest so precise you leave a trickle of blood. I like what you are saying. But I doubt any rumours of a Dave reconciliation anytime soon. Unless this tour bombs worse than VH3 tour did. Then I could see Ed calling Dave. Just one fucking album and tour people, thats all we fucking want? Jesus Christ! Give it to us! We need it!
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...like I said...anything can happen with this band...

I don't think there is anything, at this point, that would be a surprise...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh TROUBLES my brother...I've long since given up even caring if they ever get back together...that is the truth...

What I'm amused with is that these rumors always come up...and I assure you...always have some truth tied together to it...because there have been so many fucking truths from these rumor that you HAVE to believe it all...

You know what wouldn't surprise me...2 things...VH having BOTH singers on this tour...

or a prearranged deal that has Sam touring first...and Dave closing up shop for good...

Of course...Sammy staying wouldn't surprise me either...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wouldn't have thought it possible until Roth and Sam toured together in 2002. Now I wouldn't count it out.

But not for this tour. Halen could have sold multiple dates for these shows if Roth and Sam were on board.

The idea of Roth waiting in the wings to be trotted out as a surprise just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be something Van Hagar fans would want to see, wouldn't be Roth's crowd, and I don't think Roth wants to share the legend of Van Halen with Sammy, or give any legitimacy to the notion that Hagar was a part of Van Halen.

It would have been promoted as such. The sisters know what people are talking about when the words Van Halen Reunion are thrown about ("They offered us the gross national product of East and West Germany to get back together with Roth" AVH 1997).

Can't say as I'd go if Sam and Dave did a co-headlining Van Halen tour, because I'd want to see at least an hour and a half of classic Van Halen live, Im sure Van Hagar fans would want the same, and there 'aint no way Ed, Al and Mike could pull off 3 + hours a night. Wouldn't shell out what would surely be more than a hundred a ticket something like that would go for, plus parking, etc., to see what would be an abbreviated classic show.

Plus look how fast word got out in 1996 about Roth recording with the band, long before any official word was put out confirming it. Same goes for this year's Sam Halen tour. This news was out there by Thanksgiving.

You'd have heard it by now if it was true.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Oh TROUBLES my brother...I've long since given up even caring if they ever get back together...that is the truth...

What I'm amused with is that these rumors always come up...and I assure you...always have some truth tied together to it...because there have been so many fucking truths from these rumor that you HAVE to believe it all...

You know what wouldn't surprise me...2 things...VH having BOTH singers on this tour...

or a prearranged deal that has Sam touring first...and Dave closing up shop for good...

Of course...Sammy staying wouldn't surprise me either...
    Good point. Never thought of that. I know dave wont tour with Sam, "sharing the band on stage", but I can picture Sam starting the tour and Dave ending it in good fashion. Nice dream to begin now. Cool. That is something I can see them doing. or at least WB and their management making them do.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As for the 25 at Dave's site, doubt it's some kind of cryptic message that he's gonna be on this Van Hagar tour.

People, this is the guy who wrote the open letter to the press after the whole thing fell apart in 1996 after a few weeks of silence post-VMA meltdown and let us know what was happening, or not happening.

Like the man said, trickery aint his style.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look Terry...again...if you haven't figured it out yet...anything is possible...

Let's say it this way...

I can assure you of this...it's distinctly possible that things can happen after the ball was rolling...

would they announce it with DAVE? Not until they were 110% sure that Dave and Eddie would agree to it on the phone so that they wouldn't kill each other. So no...they wouldn't promote it until they knew it could happen...

yeah...he wrote the letter in 1996...but he didn't say anything about 2000 until he felt there was nothing more that could be done...so I'm sure if something was in the works...he wouldn't say anything until he knew it would OR wouldn't happen...

besides...god only knows that Dave doesn't write a letter every time his people talk to Ed's people...it happens more than you think...

Is it possible that VH will tour with Dave alone at some point soon after the Sham tour is over?

yeah...it is...

but...who cares...

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: The rumors and innuendo

Originally posted by POJO_Risin pojo you are way out of line sir.
    Alright...let me give you a take...and if you don't give a shit what my take is...well...fuck you then...

1. Face facts here...is it possible? You bet your ass it's possible. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Heineken didn't call Dave and say we need to tour...because it would be a total 180 from what he's always said...Eddie that is...that bastard would get his dog fixed...then fuck him up the ass...

2. Is it true? You know...it may be...again...let's face facts here...the best way for Van Halen to make money...big time money...is to have Dave attached to this...I'm not saying that they wouldn't make money with Sammy...they will...but you know what...the real cash is the real deal...David...Lee...Roth...and it would (be a joke to me with the both of them) probably relegitimize that lying bastard guitarist because he made good with both lead singers that he jammed up the ass...

3. If it happens...will I go...look...I went to that travesty of a tour, Dave and the Dickhead Tour from Hell...so yeah...I'd go to see Roth with those lying bastards...and really have a fucking grand time bashing the hell out of Sam and the Chirellas while they are out there...

So...let me bottom line it for you...I DON'T think Roth is back with those bastards that are still using the name that should have been retired 20 years ago...I don't in the least. I do think it's in the realm of possibility though...

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    way out of line

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Good point. Never thought of that. I know dave wont tour with Sam, "sharing the band on stage", but I can picture Sam starting the tour and Dave ending it in good fashion. Nice dream to begin now. Cool. That is something I can see them doing. or at least WB and their management making them do.
    Dave actually was open to an idea to tour with Sam. That is where their joint tour started. Dave salvaged 2/3 of the original idea and ran it by Sam. Next thing you know they were on tour together.

CABO WABORITA
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are full of shit Cardinal.

SAMMY IS BACK! SAMMY, NOT DAVE.

Dave was good. Dave was the Man. Now, Dave is washed-up.

Sammy is back and ready to rock. Yeah!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    so why am I a faggot in the other thread, but in this one your kissing my left nut? Please explain your actions.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    so why am I a faggot in the other thread, but in this one your kissing my left nut? Please explain your actions.
    Sometimes we agree to disagree.

CABO WABORITA
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    CWSmith, did you call him a "faggot"?

Are you a homophobe?

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
    after what im now seeing on daves official site, my faith is being renewed, maybe im just gullible, but a man can dream
    "Outside the wire, something's movin' "

Something's cooking....you can feel it. It's not a dream, or a hope...I'm being very serious...they're up to something involving Dave...wait.....

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree. I think they are not really worried about ticket sales... there is no law that says you have to buy the tickets months before the show. They can sell out the night of the show...and I anticipate that is not only a possiblity, but a probability if what I think, which is that this tour will feature both David and Spammy, occurs. The stupidest thing Van Halen or Dave could do would be to publicize this until it is a for sure, no backing out, its happening tonight thing. The sucky thing about this is that then all the freaking Spam fans will have the good seats, but hell, concerts weren't made for sittin anyway!

Last interview with Dave in March, 2004 (don't remember where it was, but I got the link from one of these threads, maybe in the UK) he plainly says he will be "traveling" this summer, and after that, who knows. I believe they are going to do their best to work together on this tour, and if it goes well, you can expect to be hearing new music from the boys soon. (Minus Spam-except for occasional contributions) If not, who will be all that disappointed? Its not like we actually believe in the reality of this actually happening. Last Interview I heard with Spam he was talking about how "huge" their new stage was-all the lights, ect., how they cannot play any outdoor venues because of it. Hey, I know Spammy is a big a boy, but I don't think thats what he was implying. I think he is implying that there is room for both front men and plenty of limelight to go around.

About the only one talking about this tour is Eddie, and he is not saying much. For Dave and Spam to appear together, someone neutral would have to be in charge, enter Eddie. He is not a take charge kind of guy and we all know it, but for this tour, he will be, then he will turn the reins over to Dave-just as soon as David shows he can be more of a team player than a one man band. Will it happen? Anything is possible.

And finally, have you listened to the two warm up bands.. They rock. Have you checked out the preview on the Van Halen web site, (the little e-greeting-see previous posts for relevance. Recall Eds interview when he says that Wolfie was listening to the old music and asking his dad why people don't play like that anymore...Kids today are ready to return to some "real music". A person can only take so much rap. What fans young and old want is some pure energy-and noone can deliver like Van Halen-if they can just keep their shit together...

Just wait and see.
    "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    this is all bullshit...sam is in dave is not, ed and his sister are fucked up liars, mikey is their pussy, ganeral hina, L.S.D. and cwsmith17 along with some other brainless sheep buy their shit and don't know anything about classic VH and everything else is whishfull thinking...
    Last edited by DavidLeeNatra; 05-19-2004 at 10:52 AM.
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh ye of little faith. What does it hurt to speculate?

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Sammy_God
    You are full of shit Cardinal.

SAMMY IS BACK! SAMMY, NOT DAVE.

Dave was good. Dave was the Man. Now, Dave is washed-up.

Sammy is back and ready to rock. Yeah!
    Just wait....you'll see.....very soon.....

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Okay...first of all, the Sister's are not intelligent enough to pull a trick like having Dave on the wing as a suprise. And the thought of doing that on the first show in NC is totally stupid.

Second - if Ed & Dave would fix the problem between them...trust me...mangament, Warner & every single investor/producer on earth would be all over it and the media would just go nuts. Tickets would sell out before it was even announced.

Do you see that happening?
    "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Starwood
    This topic is moronic.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Look Terry...again...if you haven't figured it out yet...anything is possible...

Let's say it this way...

I can assure you of this...it's distinctly possible that things can happen after the ball was rolling...

would they announce it with DAVE? Not until they were 110% sure that Dave and Eddie would agree to it on the phone so that they wouldn't kill each other. So no...they wouldn't promote it until they knew it could happen...

yeah...he wrote the letter in 1996...but he didn't say anything about 2000 until he felt there was nothing more that could be done...so I'm sure if something was in the works...he wouldn't say anything until he knew it would OR wouldn't happen...

besides...god only knows that Dave doesn't write a letter every time his people talk to Ed's people...it happens more than you think...

Is it possible that VH will tour with Dave alone at some point soon after the Sham tour is over?

yeah...it is...

but...who cares...
    Anything is possible. Long as all four are still alive, it's always possible, agreed.

Have already resigned myself to the probability that it won't happen. Am deliberately keeping my expectations about a classic reunion low to the point of nada until it's confirmed by one of the four classic members. Can't be bothered getting my expectations up over anything less.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Expectations...there aren't any here...that you can count on...just throwing out some possibilities here...

Nothing profound in that...just apathy...could care a less at this point...

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sammy is gonna do Little White Lie for his acoustic number.

Then Dave is gonna come out and do I'm the One with the band.

Thread Information