Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Another Rumor...

"Warner Brothers has worked out a deal to issue a "Kissology" style DVD set of Van Halen material. It would be a multi-disc set with all early promotional videos, including Running With The Devil, You Really Got Me and Pretty Woman (which, as we all know, were left off the "Video Hits" release), the long-lost Showtime Concert, US Festival footage and various other odds and ends.

Basically, the idea is to make it a collection of pre-1984 Van Halen material, and go with the same idea as KISS did, which is that the quality of the footage isn't as important when you give them so much material."

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/new-...or-t40749.html

This does seem plausible at this point and would be an Awesome kickass idea!

PLEASE GOD..LET THIS HAPPEN!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It Would Be A Start For Now.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 11:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If true...Sweet.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Fingers crossed !

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This, then a new album, then a public burning of a Sammy effigy
    by the current band. You know it makes sense !

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-02-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

And Then A World Tour.

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 11:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dan
    And Then A World Tour.
    And we'll have a few glasses of milk with Edward after the gigs.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Originally posted by VanHalener
    What he said...

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-24-2009 @ 06:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

That would be Awesomeness X 1000000. Surely they have to release a DVD of the old stuff at some point. Look at the way fans are eating up the crappy YouTube clips. If they clean up some of the old clips I'm sure everyone would buy them even if they're not brilliant quality.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Um, sure, for those that don't have those videos already, I'm sure it'll be a great set...

But on first read, doesn't sound like there's very much stuff that fans can't readily get right now.....

The "Showtime concert" was just the overdubbed US Festival songs, was it not ??

Those other videos are not exactly "rare" either....

Am I missing something ??

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yep...that's what I was thinking......

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-21-2010 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Put it all in a box set and please have the footage be quality!!! I would throw a benjamin at this.

Add a current pro-shot of the set list(vid) from varied cities of this tour.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

yep most have seen or heard this already...i mean the hard core fans like us

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2015 @ 11:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks

If you think about it DVDs are really the only way for them to make money other than touring and touring is fun but a pain in the ass.

If they release a new studio CD or a live CD set they won't make much money from it due to piracy.

However most people do not know how to pirate DVDs, so a DVD or DVD set would actually make good money for them.

They are probably waiting till after the tour so that people do not buy the DVDs instead of going to the concert.

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 10:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I agree that we would of seen most of this stuff.

I'd still buy it though....

\m/
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-23-2009 @ 09:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wouldn't Warner own the masters of all the promo clips, since they most likely financed them? Some of those orginal tapes could be long gone by now.

Does VH even have any kind of album deal with WB right now?

I thought no label wanted anything to do with them after the VH III fiasco unless they got Dave back...

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2015 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Once they completely digitally remove Mikey from all the footage and replace with Wolfie, it will be released.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

I hope that this is true...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

If they (WB or whomever) released a remastered 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic whatever kick ass version, then it will sell.

If they do it like Kiss did it, what's the fucking point? That's nothing more than Chaim Witz legally selling bootlegs.

I don't need another copy of Us Festival, or Largo 1982 if all I'm paying for is a corporate logo.

If it actually looks and sounds better, then that's different.

Same answer if the long rumored audio box set ever sees the light of day.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-15-2012 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I gotta have a DVD from the 2007 tour. This new VH is so fuckin' good, I don't care about the US Festival anymore.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Originally posted by cMb
    Wouldn't Warner own the masters of all the promo clips, since they most likely financed them? Some of those orginal tapes could be long gone by now.

Does VH even have any kind of album deal with WB right now?

I thought no label wanted anything to do with them after the VH III fiasco unless they got Dave back...
    Since the only material released under the name "Van Halen" in the last decade were the three Hagar trainwrecks from the pointless "Best of Both Worlds" compilation, it would seem that WB is only intrested if old material is involved.

But after VDIII, who could blame them?

My gut feeling is that the reason Van HALEN is on the road right now, rather than in the studio, is that they wanted to prove they could still deliver as a band, which was not taken for granted after Ed's performance in 2004.

Now that the tour is selling out and getting great reviews, they will be in a better negotiating position with record labels, whether WB or someone else.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries

Re: Another Rumor...

Originally posted by Unchainme
    "Warner Brothers has worked out a deal to issue a "Kissology" style DVD set of Van Halen material. It would be a multi-disc set with all early promotional videos, including Running With The Devil, You Really Got Me and Pretty Woman (which, as we all know, were left off the "Video Hits" release), the long-lost Showtime Concert, US Festival footage and various other odds and ends.

Basically, the idea is to make it a collection of pre-1984 Van Halen material, and go with the same idea as KISS did, which is that the quality of the footage isn't as important when you give them so much material."

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/new-...or-t40749.html

This does seem plausible at this point and would be an Awesome kickass idea!

PLEASE GOD..LET THIS HAPPEN!
    At the very fucking LEAST the band can cobble together a dvd with ALL the CVH promo vids and the US Fest.

And agreed that would make a good START...

CVH could easily put out a 3 disc DVD set if they're going along with the KISSology motif of quantity vs. quality, although frankly I'd rather see both quality AND quantity from a CVH dvd release.

Basically boils down to either the band is gonna make an effort to put it out officially and make an investment in terms of time and money to ensure some quality control, and reap the financial rewards from it...

or

I'm just gonna keep scooping up whatever I can get my hands on via bootlegs and the band won't get a nickel from me (and although it wouldn't upset me to not hand over any money to Deadward and his sister, I have no qualms about throwing a few bucks Dave's way).

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2012 @ 06:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This would be bad ass if VH released something like this

Kathy McCabe of Australia's The Daily Telegraph reports that AC/DC is poised to shatter international sales records with the release of a definitive live retrospective DVD collection "Plug Me In" this week.

More than 500,000 copies have already been ordered worldwide for the concert footage compilation which is being released in North America on Tuesday, October 16.

Fans can preview some of the rare footage exclusively online with The Daily Telegraph, starting today with a blistering "Rock n' Roll Damnation" featuring late frontman Bon Scott at the Apollo Theatre in Glasgow in April 1978. Watch the clip below.

The first AC/DC release since the band came to Columbia Records earlier this year, the AC/DC "Plug Me In" DVD collection (regular box artwork, collector's edition artwork) brings together for the very first time an astonishing five hours of definitive live concert and television performances — many of them previously unavailable — chronicling the ongoing career (now in its fourth decade!) of a groundbreaking rock and roll powerhouse whose music transcends the test of time.

"AC/DC has delivered the most dynamic rock and roll music in the world," said Steve Barnett, Chairman, Columbia Records. "Columbia is honored to be releasing this definitive career-spanning retrospective featuring many of AC/DC's finest filmed performances."

Disc One of the AC/DC "Plug Me In" DVD collection begins with a performance of "High Voltage" performed in October 1975 on Australia's "King of Pop" awards show. The first disc of "Plug Me In" is devoted to the band's formative years (1975-1979) with the late Bon Scott capturing the group in its full early glory with more than 20 performances including rare black-and-white video footage of the notorious St. Albans High School concert on March 3, 1976; the very first UK television appearance in July 1976; pristine live full-color stereo concert performances from Glasgow and Essex University in 1978; and three songs — including the very first public performance of "Highway To Hell" — from Netherlands television in 1979. Bonus material on Disc One includes a Bon Scott interview from November 1977; extraordinary band interviews from 1976; and four songs recorded live in Nice on December 15, 1979, one of Bon Scott's last concerts with the band before his tragic death on February 19, 1980.

Disc Two of the AC/DC "Plug Me In" DVD collection covers the band's second great epoch: the Brian Johnson era which began with the release of "Back In Black" in 1980 and continues to this day. In addition to more than 20 performances drawn from three decades of concerts around the world — including an extremely rare Japanese television appearance from February 1981, blistering '80s and '90s sets from Detroit to Moscow, incredible footage from 1996's "Ballbreaker" tour (including the "Beavis & Butthead" intro), and 21st century barnburners in Paris, Munich, and Toronto — "Plug Me In" includes a fantastic array of bonus material including the AC/DC Donnington interview on the "Old Grey Whistle Test" (August 1984) and AC/DC's in-concert performance of "Rock Me Baby" with THE ROLLING STONES.

A deluxe collector's edition of "Plug Me In" — containing a third DVD of 21 additional rare performances spanning both the Bon Scott and Brian Johnson eras as well as a treasure trove of facsimile reproductions of authentic AC/DC memorabilia — will also be available for a limited time beginning Tuesday, October 16.

AC/DC "Plug Me In" track listing:

DVD 1 (2 hours 22 mins):

01. High Voltage (King Of Pop awards) - October 1975 (4:02)
    02. It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll) (Bandstand) (4:41)
    03. School Days (St Albans) - March 1976 (5:40)
    04. TNT (St Albans) - March 1976 (4:46)
    05. Live Wire (Rollin Bolan) - July 1976 (6:12)
    06. Can I Sit Next To You Girl (Rollin Bolan) - July 1976 (4:14)
    07. Baby Please Don't Go (Melbourne) - December 1976 (11:49)
    08. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be (Sight & Sound) - October 1977 (5:13)
    09. Rocker (Sight and Sound) - October 1977 (8:10)
    10. Rock 'n Roll Damnation (Apollo) - April 1978 (3:44)
    11. Dog Eat Dog (Apollo Glasgow) - April 1978 (4:26)
    12. Let There Be Rock (Apollo) - April 1978 (8:27)
    13. Problem Child (Rock Goes To College) - October 1978 (4:44)
    14. Sin City (Rock Goes To College) - October 1978 (5:23)
    15. Bad Boy Boogie (Rock Goes To College) - October1978 (9:06)
    16. Highway To Hell (Veronika) - July 1979 (4:12)
    17. The Jack (Veronika) - July 1979 (5:19)
    18. Whole Lotta Rosie (Veronika) - July 1979 (5:19)

DVD 1 Bonus Footage:

* Band Interview at Airport 1976 (2:16)
    * Band Interview at Covent Garden (2:27)
    * "Problem Child" - Melbourne (3:56)
    * "Baby Please Don't Go" (Germany, incomplete) (2:10)
    * "Dirty Deeds" on Network Sounds (0:40)
    * Bon Scott Interview (15:11)
    * "Rock n' Roll Damnation" – Top of the Pops (2:47)
    * Australian Music to the World interview in Atlanta (1:31)
    * Nice Super 8 movie (3.34

AC/ DVD 2 (2 hours 30 minutes):

01. Shot Down In Flames (Tokyo) - February 1981 (3:27)
    02. What Do You Do For The Money - (Tokyo) - February 1981 (2:38)
    03. Shook Me All Night - February 1981 (4:55)
    04. Let There Be Rock (Tokyo) - February 1981 (5:29)
    05. Back In Black (Largo 81) - December 1981 (3:34)
    06. TNT (Largo 81) (3:39)
    07. Shoot To Thrill (Houston) - October 1983 (5:23)
    08. Guns For Hire (Detroit) - November 1983 (5:24)
    09. Dirty Deeds (Detroit) - November 1983 (4:12)
    10. Flick Of The Switch (Largo 83) (3:27)
    11. Bedlam In Belgium (Largo 83) (3:24)
    12. Back In Black (USSR) - September 1991 (2:15)
    13. Highway To Hell (USSR) - September 1991 (3:36)
    14. Whole Lotta Rosie (USSR) - September 1991 (4:16)
    15. For Those About To Rock (USSR) - September 1991 (6:52)
    16. Gone Shooting (VH1 Session) - July 1996 (6:03)
    17. Hail Caesar (Sydney Screen Mix) - 1996 Tour (5:43)
    18. Ballbreaker (Sydney Screen Mix) - 1996 Tour (4:29)
    19. Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (Sydney Screen Mix) - Tour 1996 (6:34)
    20. Hard As a Rock (Stade De France) - June 2001 (5:02)
    21. Hells Bells (Stade De France) - June 2001 (5:49)
    22. Ride On (Stade De France) - June 2001 (6:27)
    23. Stiff Upper Lip (Munich) - June 2003 (3:54)
    24. Thunderstruck (Munich) - June 2003 (5:24)
    25. If You Want Blood (Toronto) - July 2003 (5:35)
    26. The Jack (Toronto) - July 2003 (9:50)
    27. You Shook Me All Night (Toronto) - July 2003 (4:27)

DVD 2 Bonus Footage:

* Beavis and Butthead intro to Ballbreaker tour (1:16)
    * "Hells Bells" in Brussells (3:40)
    * Donnington BBC interview with Angus (1:03)
    * Warmup for VH1 (4:20)
    * "Rock Me Baby" - Jam with THE ROLLING STONES (6:43)

DVD 3 (Bonus DVD) (2 hours 7 minutes):

01. Girl's Got Rhythm (Australian TV) - 1979 (3:30)
    02. She's Got Balls (St. Albans High School 76) (6:20)
    03. Long Way To the Top (St Albans High School 76) (7:08)
    04. Let There Be Rock (BBC Sight & Sound 77) (5:57)
    05. Bad Boy Boogie (Apollo Glasgow 78) (7:49)
    06. House Is On Fire (Detroit 83) (3:06)
    07. Guns For Hire (Band rehearsals 84) (3:50)
    08. Boogey Man (Sydney 96) (10:49)
    09. Girl's Got Rhythm (Sydney 96) (4:08)
    10. Highway to Hell (Dublin 1996) (7:01)
    11. Let There Be Rock (Stuttgart 2000) (10:55)
    12. Angus Statue Intro (Stiff Upper Lip Tour Film 2001) (1:26)

Live at Houston Summit 83 (Whole Concert segment runs 53 minutes):

01. Guns For Hire (5:31)
    02. Shoot To Thrill (5:32)
    03. Sin City (5:24)
    04. House Is On Fire (3:58)
    05. Back In Black (4:12)
    06. Bad Boy Boogie (14:33)
    07. Rock 'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (5:07)
    08. Flick Of The Switch (3:25)
    09. Hells Bells (5:24)

The AC/DC "Plug Me In" DVD box set is both a Holy Grail for aficionados of AC/DC as well as an ideal and comprehensive introduction to the music and history of a pioneering band that continues to define the electrifying possibilities of rock and roll.

Trust me!...I'm a doctor
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2022 @ 02:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I bet there's plenty of footage we have not seen from VH early days but to expect clips from 70's & 80's to be of real quality is foolish!
    Back then we didn't have the teknollidgy :p
    "you can't polish a turd!"

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Originally posted by DrGrafenberg
    I bet there's plenty of footage we have not seen from VH early days but to expect clips from 70's & 80's to be of real quality is foolish!
    Back then we didn't have the teknollidgy :p
    "you can't polish a turd!"
    You mean like Led Zeppelin footage in their polished-turd DVD?

Yeah, all footage, shot on real film, sucks.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    Since the only material released under the name "Van Halen" in the last decade were the three Hagar trainwrecks from the pointless "Best of Both Worlds" compilation, it would seem that WB is only intrested if old material is involved.

But after VDIII, who could blame them?

My gut feeling is that the reason Van HALEN is on the road right now, rather than in the studio, is that they wanted to prove they could still deliver as a band, which was not taken for granted after Ed's performance in 2004.

Now that the tour is selling out and getting great reviews, they will be in a better negotiating position with record labels, whether WB or someone else.
    You've got it backwards. The money is made on the touring not on the CDs. If they release a CD it will get pirated. The money is in touring, merchandise, and DVDs.

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2012 @ 03:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck tha videos! We all have them! Or should! Put Oakland 1981, 1980 Invasion documentary and re-mastered US festival and/or South american shows pro-shot for argentina/brazil tv and I'm really gettin GREEDY now! A pro-shot 1984 show!

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do pro shot 1984 tour shows exist? THAT would be the ultimate!

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2012 @ 03:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Noel Monk! Former manager circa 1978-1984 Is stated to have a pro-shot concert from each tour! I don't think that is an unreasonable concept!

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

MTV broadcasted a Van Halen pro shot concert during the 1984 tour as part of its "Saturday Night Concert" series. But I do not know if it was an actual 1984 tour show. It may have been US Festival or Diver Down South America or something like that. Does anyone remember seeing what MTV broadcast? Was it a 1984 tour show?

If a 1984 tour pro shot exists we must bust Eddie's ass until he releases it on DVD!

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2015 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

VH was never featured on Saturday Night Concerts. If they were, it'd be all over you tube and here.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by dave_is_vh

If a 1984 tour pro shot exists we must bust Eddie's ass until he releases it on DVD!
    Why, so we can watch Dave breakdance and moonwalk across the stage in better quality ??

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,399 Times in 6,055 Posts

Originally posted by Panamark
    This, then a new album, then a public burning of a Sammy effigy
    by the current band. You know it makes sense !
    Just an effigy?

Are you becoming soft...?

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

never heard of it

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Unless he's referring to the Lost Weekend, which was '84....

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Antman
    VH was never featured on Saturday Night Concerts. If they were, it'd be all over you tube and here.
    You are 100% incorrect.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Unless he's referring to the Lost Weekend, which was '84....
    What is "Lost Weekend"?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
    You are 100% incorrect.
    You have no idea what you are talking about...

There's nothing of that in the bootleg circles...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    There was never a 1984 show broadcast in its entirety.

Thread Information