• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delta5150
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2005

VH Setlist starting to stink!!!

Me think so, I've listened to all
    the bootlegs up and including 10-10-2007, and I just think to myself, why the fuck do they open with "You really got me"?
    Why the fuck did they let Wolfie choose the setlist? Why play all the fucking hits? when most of their best songs aren't hits.

You imagine if they take out
    "little dreamer", "I'll wait", "You really got me" "Pretty woman" and played for e.g "Loss of control" "D.O.A" "House of Pain", "On fire"

They really need to change the setlist and make it more hardcore, they could play "drop dead legs" for the first bloody time too
  • hotdog@ a shake
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

uh, yeh, ok ...

Comment

• Grant
      Sniper
      • Feb 2005

They obviously throw in the hits purely for much of the uninitiated who go to the shows. Pretty much every band does it. Why is it so surprising?

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Agree...they should change up a bunch of songs every night or 2...hell..throw in a little 2-3 song acoustic jam..make each show a bit unique..

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It would be great if they at least mixed up the order of the songs played and had a floater or 2 in there to alternate... but hey, I'm not complaining... when you're there it really doesn't matter.
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

I think age has something to do with them not being able to play the "rockers" ...
            Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I think "You're no good" is kick ass live..but I doubt Dave can hit those highs that go along with the lead..that was legendary shit..they could change the tone a bit and throw it in tho..that would actually play well in an acoustic set..along with " take your whiskey" and a slew of others

Comment

• vh rides again
                Commando
                • Dec 2006

daves the greatest, but sorry, for him to try and sing (on fire) would be silly.

same with alot of songs, if you caant do those great songs justice, dont attempt it.

what the fuck do you want them to do? go out there and have everyone saying that sounded like shit?

think about your new posts before you hit the submit button.

Comment

• Deklon
                  Roadie
                  • Jul 2007

You guys are kidding right? They're playing 25 songs. They're playing at least as well as they ever have. They're playing plenty from every album. Rockers you say? Have you seen I'm the One, HFT, Unchained, Atomic Punk, Cradle Will Rock, Mean Streets. Ummmm, those rock.
                  Mix up the set list? They never have mixed it up. Most people see them one time, maybe two. Plus, I think we can be pretty confident that this is not a one and done tour. My read of the live show was that they were happier together than ever. I think they believe they sound better too. They'll mix it up next year.

Comment

• Jurak
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2005

As Yoda say, Patience, young skyrocker..........
                    "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
                    That is all.
                    Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• naturochem
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2004

You think Zeppelin will exclude "Stairway to Heaven", in lieu of "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp" or some other obscure tune, that happens to be the favorite of a small percentage of their fan-base on the upcoming reunion gig??

Not that RWTD or any VH hits can be compared with STH... but when did the last tour of a major act NOT include some versions of the band's hit list??

Maybe if the tour survives long enough to hit somewhere in your vicinity, they'll have modified their set list to better accommodate your particular favorites! Or you could try sending a telegram...
                      CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• vh rides again
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by naturochem

Not that RWTD or any VH hits can be compared with STH...
                        i beg your pardon, stairways great but, it doesnt trump any vanhalen song bro.
                        great song, but kinda whiney.

Comment

• Little Lamont
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Mar 2007

Give some niggas a million bucks and they'll complain about the shade of green on the bills...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

All I am saying is throw out fuckin "Pretty Woman" in favor of "Hear about it later' every once in awhile..the place would implode..the brothers would even have a place to extend a jam with Wolf..

Comment

• naturochem
                              Head Fluffer
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
                              i beg your pardon, stairways great but, it doesnt trump any vanhalen song bro.
                              great song, but kinda whiney.
                              ..wasn't saying it "trumped" a motherfuckin' thing, holmes. From a historical perspective to compare the song to any VH song is just moronic.

For the record, "Stairway" ain't on my ipod like the entire VH collection, but I don't think the tune is "whiny" in the least...

From a song writing perspective, there aren't many better R&R tunes around.
                              CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

Working...