X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    That's been suggested in here before, and while I don't necessarily put it PAST EVH and Co,
    you're completely delusional if you think anyone who considers themselves a FAN (regardless of whether they fit your odd personal 'Fanboi' agenda/criteria/whatever) will actually endorse that.
    For the record, I know people (myself included) who WILL NOT SUPPORT/PURCHASE the Ozzy 'remasters',
    and will go so far as to seek out 2nd-hand versions of the previous remasters and original CDs (by the Warner Bros. catalog numbers) in bargain and cut-out bins....
    TOTALLY agree. I don't really think they'll change the album covers. I think the webmaster over at V-H.com thought he was being clever. It was a goof. They won't re-do anything for real and this thread is bullshit anyway. As for the Ozzy albums, I'm DEFINITELY guilty of having seeked out the 2nd hand versions of previous remasters. Just ordered "Tribute" second hand and I doubt it's even fucked with.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• jharp84
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Thome! My Psycho brother from another Psycho mutha! My attempted joke was: do you have Martha Stewart original JUICE JUG photos!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Edwad, the class act!

This is gayer than Liberace stuffing "Hello Kitties" up his ass if it happens...

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          I could care less about the cover art, personally - though changing it in that aspect stinks.
          What concerns me more as a musician and a listener is the replacement of originally recorded tracks - especially by another performer, regardless of skill level on CLASSIC RECORDINGS, particularly when said replacement is done as a business and not an artistic decision.
          It's nearly BLASPHEMOUS, and if you doubt that, listen to how WRONG the 'new' tracks on the Ozzy releases sound, despite the obvious proficiency of the musicians chosen to replace said tracks.
          It's just wrong.

Shit, there are people out there who think Sarzo and Aldridge actually played on the ORIGINAL DOAM recordings, rather than the actual players Daisley and Kerslake...

But it really matters little if they slap photos of Wolfie on old Van Halen albums to me, long as they leave the recordings themselves alone. After having bought Van Halen's first album on vinyl, cassette (2x) and CD (2x), short of my current copy being destroyed I'm not gonna buy it again...

I mean, it's not a big shock that the Van Halens are behaving this way...what is somewhat of a head-scratcher is how Roth is going along with this. Despite his obvious desire to reform with the band (am am sure the bucks don't suck), always thought Dave had more class than the sisters...and he's not really displaying it here, regardless of his being mum on the whole MA thing (silence and integrity aren't always the same thing).
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I don't think Michael could be edited out of the original recordings, altogether. I'd need more information on how the tracks were done, and how Templeman placed the individual instruments and vocals on the tracks themselves.

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
              Banned
              • Apr 2004

If they DO take Michael Anthony off of the original recordings, I'm going on the record here to predict that NEARLY ALL FANBOI'S HERE will COMPLETELY support it once it happens.

Just like 90% of the fanboi's NOW approve of the ousting of Michael Anthony, and suddenly have now hated him for life. If this had been predicted 5 years ago, those same people that now SUPPORT it would have said, "Oh hell no, no way would they do that...if they do, I'm outta here!" but we all see now how THAT turned out.

Trust me...a great majority of the posters on this site would GLEEFULLY celebrate the re-recording of Michael Anthony's parts with Wolfgang's "broken chicken wing" playing, saying it's "so much better" than Michael Anthony (since the guys in the band SAID that Wolfgang was a "shredding bass player"). They might not say it now, simply because it hasn't happened yet. But, once it does, watch the little fanboi sheep run to that corner faster than you can say "mensa" (whatever the hell mensa means...it's another fanboi-ism).

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SATAN BUSH
                If they DO take Michael Anthony off of the original recordings, I'm going on the record here to predict that NEARLY ALL FANBOI'S HERE will COMPLETELY support it once it happens.

Just like 90% of the fanboi's NOW approve of the ousting of Michael Anthony, and suddenly have now hated him for life. If this had been predicted 5 years ago, those same people that now SUPPORT it would have said, "Oh hell no, no way would they do that...if they do, I'm outta here!" but we all see now how THAT turned out.

Trust me...a great majority of the posters on this site would GLEEFULLY celebrate the re-recording of Michael Anthony's parts with Wolfgang's "broken chicken wing" playing, saying it's "so much better" than Michael Anthony (since the guys in the band SAID that Wolfgang was a "shredding bass player"). They might not say it now, simply because it hasn't happened yet. But, once it does, watch the little fanboi sheep run to that corner faster than you can say "mensa" (whatever the hell mensa means...it's another fanboi-ism).
                Not sure more regulars here than not would approve of said hypothetical substitutions of newly recorded Wolfgang bass lines edited over the original MA parts; that supposition seems to be stretching it a bit...

Suppose one could do a poll thread about this, but I suspect that type of thing (the bass part switch, not the polling) would go over better with Linkers rather than the long term posters on THIS site (few of which slobber over every choice EVH makes).
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mike Sobolewski
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Mar 2007

Last night while I was fucking Satan Bush in the ass I slit his jugular vein and it made his sphincter tighten on my cock as I was blowing my load.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Shut the fuck up and get a life.

First of all, change and shit happens.

Ans second of all, Michael Anthony being replaced on a fuckin' tour is NOT the same as being replaced in the original recordings.

Now, if you hate every poster's opinion here on this site, WHAT are you doing here anyway?

I don't go to a George Michael forum.

Fuck off!

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mike Sobolewski
                      Last night while I was fucking Satan Bush in the ass I slit his jugular vein and it made his sphincter tighten on my cock as I was blowing my load.
                      Yet ANOTHER fanboi who can't help the urge to post a completely lame attempted "insult" that deals with the penis. Just can't help it. Sad, really.

Fanboi.

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                        Shut the fuck up and get a life.

First of all, change and shit happens.

Ans second of all, Michael Anthony being replaced on a fuckin' tour is NOT the same as being replaced in the original recordings.

Now, if you hate every poster's opinion here on this site, WHAT are you doing here anyway?

I don't go to a George Michael forum.

Fuck off!

Wow, fanboi...you were doing SO good! I was rootin' for ya, I REALLY was...you made it more than two sentences with NO "gay" reference. I thought YOU would be different. But, alas, I got to the end of your post, and you JUST couldn't help yourself. You HAD to include some sort of homosexual reference. You figured a "thinly disguised" reference would be "cool" or "original," didn't you? Well, it wasn't. It was even more pathetic, fanboi. And, I was REALLY rooting for you. I thought you were going to be the first to disagree without a "gay" reference.

But, alas...you are just another fanboi sheep in the herd.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Wow, fanboi...you were doing SO good! I was rootin' for ya, I REALLY was...you made it more than two sentences with NO "gay" reference. I thought YOU would be different. But, alas, I got to the end of your post, and you JUST couldn't help yourself. You HAD to include some sort of homosexual reference. You figured a "thinly disguised" reference would be "cool" or "original," didn't you? Well, it wasn't. It was even more pathetic, fanboi. And, I was REALLY rooting for you. I thought you were going to be the first to disagree without a "gay" reference.

But, alas...you are just another fanboi sheep in the herd.
                          Well... actually, I wasn't referring to any homosexuality whatsoever.

I just don't like George Michael's music. Agreed, I could've said Bon Jovi, but hey...

You'd probably see THAT as a gay reference too.

Anyways, you failed to answer the question - WHY are you here? Does it hurt so much being completely ignored by everyone around you that you have to come seek attention on a web forum by starting shit left and right?

Fuck off!

Comment

• Mike Sobolewski
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Mar 2007

Yet ANOTHER fanboi who can't help the urge to post a completely lame attempted "insult" that deals with the penis. Just can't help it. Sad, really.

Fanboi.
                            You are the one who sucks MY cock and swallows MY load. You are infatuated with MY cock.

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                              Well... actually, I wasn't referring to any homosexuality whatsoever.

I just don't like George Michael's music. Agreed, I could've said Bon Jovi, but hey...

You'd probably see THAT as a gay reference too.

Fuck off!

Right. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Nice try, fanboi. You just brought up George Michael out of the blue, because you "don't like his music." Yeah. Sure. Has he even MADE music in 20 years? Hmmmm...

Nice try, fan...wait a second, no it wasn't. It was a lame pitiful attempt. Very lame, indeed.

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mike Sobolewski
                                You are the one who sucks MY cock and swallows MY load. You are infatuated with MY cock.

Seriously, is this supposed to be insulting or smart? Seems quite emo.

Comment

Working...