Thread: Any good V.I.P. stories?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2012 @ 02:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Any good V.I.P. stories?

Other than having the great spot for the show, (which would certainly kick ass) has anyone heard any cool soundcheck jams? (songs not in the current set-list would be cool) Anyone met Dave, Ed, etc.? Anyone see Mike or Spammy begging for a backstage pass, or catch them handing out coupons for 50 cents off of the next Mad Carnival show in the parking lot? Roth On!!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

No....but I did get:

1 Van Halen 2007 Tour bottle opener:

1 Van Halen 2007 Tour Refrigerator Magnet:

1 Van Halen 2007 Pin:

1 10% off coupon at the VH Store:

4 star VIP ticket: $395

and I let my good friend Sensibile Shoes, have the seat...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Me and a handful of others got to rush the stage and catch some of the soundcheck at Charlotte... turns out they were running late and had to do it an hour later then planned. I was at the edge of the stage, in front of Eddie, watching them blast through 'Hot for Teacher'. It was really amazing. That didn't last too long however before we got ran out of the main arena area.... but I did get to pound free beers and listen to VH knock through about 6 or 7 songs. It was like a mini-concert... good times.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by VAiN
    Me and a handful of others got to rush the stage and catch some of the soundcheck at Charlotte... turns out they were running late and had to do it an hour later then planned. I was at the edge of the stage, in front of Eddie, watching them blast through 'Hot for Teacher'. It was really amazing. That didn't last too long however before we got ran out of the main arena area.... but I did get to pound free beers and listen to VH knock through about 6 or 7 songs. It was like a mini-concert... good times.
    Sweet !

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    05-10-2023 @ 01:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I had the 5 star to the 10/16 Chicago show.

The backstage tour was cool - Eddie was on stage for soundcheck - aside from the setlist, he played some of Drop Dead Legs. Very cool. Alex was up just as the tour ended, but we did get to hear some of him. Also, I and several others got picks from both Wolfie and Eddie (although Eddie's pick (at least the ones all of us got) is generic / not signed).

The other big draw of the 5 star is the seat. That alone was worth every penny - at least for one show, anyway.

I've been to two shows on the tour. I was also at the Greensboro show - hanging out with The Army at fatdogs preshow was a blast. For future shows (hopefully, they will come to Atlanta in 2008) I'll get normal tickets and go to The Army preshow party, but the 5 star is IMO worth the money. Seeing the mighty Van Halen (even minus MA) from the front row is something every hard card Van Halen (and I mean David Lee Roth when I say that) fan should see.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Originally posted by rwc
    I've been to two shows on the tour. I was also at the Greensboro show - hanging out with The Army at fatdogs preshow was a blast. For future shows (hopefully, they will come to Atlanta in 2008) I'll get normal tickets and go to The Army preshow party, but the 5 star is IMO worth the money. Seeing the mighty Van Halen (even minus MA) from the front row is something every hard card Van Halen (and I mean David Lee Roth when I say that) fan should see.
    I agree.. if you can make it happen, the 5 Star seats are worth it for a show.. I was at Fatdogs too... When VH make their way down south, I'll help set up the S.Florida Army preshow...

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-22-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Way cool Vain!

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

would love to hear drop dead legs!!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2012 @ 02:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

That was a pretty meger nap sack for sure Carmine. The very least they should throw in a T-shirt, but again, the view was the prize. I'm glad that you got the cool spot.

Very cool about the jam and picks Vain and rwc. Very cool indeed!

I am pretty stoked that I was just there at the Greensboro show. It was one of the best I've been to ever. It's a shame that the bootlegs can't reproduce how it really sounded and the vibe as well. Hope to see 'em again.

Thread Information