Thread: Dave in a limited role in reunion

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dave in a limited role in reunion

I REALLY fucking hope this doesnt happen folks. I know a lot of the Army would be excited just having Dave back on stage with Ed, but Dave doesnt deserve to play half the set, or be the special surprise or whatever. He was at least equal with Ed (IMO he played a MORE important role...he was the leader and he influenced Ed to reach those great heights) Spammy stepped into the gig at a time when anyone would have gone over well, after the mega success of 1984. The album sales steadily declined after that, and Van Hagar can't even get radio play(when they just fucking REUNITED for gods sake!) Dave deserves better than to be an afterthought up there on stage while Spammy sits there grinning like he's the man, and they threw Dave a bone. Now I don't think for a second that this is gonna happen, as Dave wouldnt go for it..........just saying I hope it doesnt. Either it's the REAL reunion or it's nothing.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It'll happen, Bill. Right after this 'False-Advertising, So-Called Reunion' is over; I'm telling you, Roth is next, very soon.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A full on Dave reunion, hell yeah bring it on. Just not some half assed bullshit, where we all have to sit through "Dreams" and "Shaka Dubie". Personally I don't think Ed's up to 2 hours on stage a night with Dave, as he wouldnt have the ballads to lean on when he wanted to get lazy and go on autopilot.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    A full on Dave reunion, hell yeah bring it on. Just not some half assed bullshit, where we all have to sit through "Dreams" and "Shaka Dubie". Personally I don't think Ed's up to 2 hours on stage a night with Dave, as he wouldnt have the ballads to lean on when he wanted to get lazy and go on autopilot.
    You just save your cash, Bill. Think tshirts. Think tour program. Think new CD. Think floor seats. Think I'm kidding? Think again.

Think Roth. Think VH Reunion.

Think I'll stop this post....

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    It'll happen, Bill. Right after this 'False-Advertising, So-Called Reunion' is over; I'm telling you, Roth is next, very soon.
    Roth is never going to be back in Van Halen.

thefive
    Originally posted by cwsmith17
    You are really postive huh?

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Would I like to see it....OF COURSE!!! But it will never happen. Ed is content with the "bare minimum." So for him Sam is fine. Money+Booze=Happiness for Eddie Van Halen and Co.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now I don't think for a second that this is gonna happen, as Dave wouldnt go for it..........just saying I hope it doesnt.
    Real strong in your convictions huh ??

I wouldn't trust you with my pen...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gary is in for life.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    cwsmith17, never say "never" with this band.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave ain't gonna half-ass anything. He didn't even let Mikey jam with his band during the Sam & Dave tour just to prove a point.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    Real strong in your convictions huh ??

I wouldn't trust you with my pen...
    Uh I said I don't think it's gonna happen......but there's always a chance and I hope it doesnt. Did I say I hope it does..... then say I hope it doesnt? NO. You are a fucking idiot. Please actually comprehend what someone's saying before commenting just to pad your post count. Surprised you responded with more than a one word answer. HAve a great day.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    IDave deserves better than to be an afterthought up there on stage while Spammy sits there grinning like he's the man, and they threw Dave a bone. Now I don't think for a second that this is gonna happen, as Dave wouldnt go for it..........just saying I hope it doesnt. Either it's the REAL reunion or it's nothing.
    We don't always get what we deserve. We get what we take. As you said, probably won't happen because David wouldn't go for it. What could happen if Van Halen attempted to "throw David a bone"... would be that he would behave in a typical David fashion and steal the show-save the tour, and leave the other four wondering Wa Wa Zat? Surely a Dave fan like yourself would not worry about David having to compete with a faggot like Spam would you?
    "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    Dave ain't gonna half-ass anything. He didn't even let Mikey jam with his band during the Sam & Dave tour just to prove a point.
    Several interesting comments here..first Dave ain't gonna half-ass anything-I thought that was part and parcel of his allure (you know-, all the hype about no rehersals, just pop into the studio and record..videos just being like home movies, everything just natural...fans know the words to his songs better than him?) Taking a situation and making it work like magic to his advantage. That is Dave.

He didn't let Mikey play with his band...now this one is just interesting because of how many posts you read here about how Van Halen won't let David back with them.... I guess it works both ways. (I know, I am probably going to take a beating for that one, but what the heck-its FRIDAY!.)

and finally...on the SAM AND DAVE Tour. (or do you mean DAVE and SAM tour... whose site is this anyway?) If David and Sam could tour together once, and they are both still alive to tell about it, my guess would be that it could happen again. Never say never, just not yet.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by lms
    We don't always get what we deserve. We get what we take. As you said, probably won't happen because David wouldn't go for it. What could happen if Van Halen attempted to "throw David a bone"... would be that he would behave in a typical David fashion and steal the show-save the tour, and leave the other four wondering Wa Wa Zat? Surely a Dave fan like yourself would not worry about David having to compete with a faggot like Spam would you?
    Compete? Dave against Sam is like Godzilla taking on a fly.......the fly(Spam) has absolutely no chance, so it aint about that bro. I would just PREFER not to have to sit through Van Hagar tunes to get to the real thing. A little aint enough for me at this point.........I want a FULL reunion.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some good points there Ims btw.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would say it will never happen, but then again I never thought I would see the day Dave and Sam would tour together, you never know....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Panamark
    Gary is in for life.

These new tracks had BETTER feature some hot lead tuba playing from Ed.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Full Bug
    I would say it will never happen, but then again I never thought I would see the day Dave and Sam would tour together, you never know....

Excellent point, I agree I was in shock when that whole thing was announced. Not as much as when I heard "How Many Say I" though.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    Dave didn't let Mikey jam with him or Mikey wasn't allowed to jam with him? Maybe Mikey didn't even want to jam with him. I'd love to know the truth about that whole deal.

Mezro...wondering what Mikey said to Dave when they first saw each other backstage on the 2002 tour.
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    [

Mezro...wondering what Mikey said to Dave when they first saw each other backstage on the 2002 tour. [/B][/QUOTE]

"Oh you're the guy that made me millions of dollars!"

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gary is in for life.
    Yeah, Gary is in debt for life after Ed fucked his career and kicked his ass to the curb.

Mezro..how many say I and "yes sir" to King Edward?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It could just be Perfect Timing

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and Eddie is mulit talented, plays piano, guitar, drums, why not TUBA?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh yea, and you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need!

Lou
    Uh I said I don't think it's gonna happen......but there's always a chance and I hope it doesnt. Did I say I hope it does..... then say I hope it doesnt? NO. You are a fucking idiot. Please actually comprehend what someone's saying before commenting just to pad your post count. Surprised you responded with more than a one word answer. HAve a great day.
    And that's 100% right.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mezro
    Dave didn't let Mikey jam with him or Mikey wasn't allowed to jam with him? Maybe Mikey didn't even want to jam with him. I'd love to know the truth about that whole deal.

Mezro...wondering what Mikey said to Dave when they first saw each other backstage on the 2002 tour.
    They did speak. Thats for sure, Mike stated that in several interviews, but he wasnt specific about the contents of the conversations.
    I do remember reading something about Dave feeling it was innappropriate for Mike to Jam with him. Along the lines of an insult to the original band, it had to be all or nothing.

On top of that I think his resolutions with the brothers had not
    been sorted, and Mike was obviously part of all that.

In hindsight, I think Dave could have let him. In the end it probably
    helped Spammy by Jamming with Mike, not hindered him. But Dave obviously has his principles and was stickin to his guns.

But then again Dave was probably onto the fat munchkin homo love fest and wanted no part of it..

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Didn't Spams ex keyboard player say that Sammy "got his wish" about a VH return......and that he was trying to get back in for 3 years or so. I can just picture him pressuring "the bass player",

Spam: "Uh hey Mike have you talked to Al yet...........tell him I'll do it for 13.50 an hour in the studio, and nothing to play live. And please tell him I said I miss you guys! (sob) By the way have you talked to Al yet?!"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It must have been hard for Mike to answer with his mouth full all the
    time.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

lms2
    Back when they recorded Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff No More Van Halens take was that Roth was just back for those two songs. More would require a major tour...and Eddie did not want to do that with his hip like it was (Boo Hoo) because he couldnt keep up the pace anymore. I read this in an interview with him. But now the hip thing is not a problem. Neither is Valerie.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They did speak. Thats for sure, Mike stated that in several interviews, but he wasnt specific about the contents of the conversations.
    I do remember reading something about Dave feeling it was innappropriate for Mike to Jam with him. Along the lines of an insult to the original band, it had to be all or nothing.

On top of that I think his resolutions with the brothers had not
    been sorted, and Mike was obviously part of all that.

In hindsight, I think Dave could have let him. In the end it probably
    helped Spammy by Jamming with Mike, not hindered him. But Dave obviously has his principles and was stickin to his guns.

But then again Dave was probably onto the fat munchkin homo love fest and wanted no part of it..
    Could you imagine the crowd reaction if Mikey did jam with DLR? Holy shit! Sam would have had to just pack it in right then and there.

Mezro..next time Dave drag that sloppy bass playing brisket on stage

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    [

"Oh you're the guy that made me millions of dollars!" [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Dave is also the guy that enabled that fat sack of shit to sit at home, tinker with muscle cars and whip up gallons of filthy hot sauce in his own bathtub. I'll have a bottle of green jalapeno with pubic hair and protein residue Mike!

EVH, AVH & Fatty all act like Dave did nothing for their career when in reality he made those mother fuckers.

Oh, and for all the pro Eddie fans who think he would have been a big star without Dave I have 4 words for you: How Many Say I?

Mezro..respect Roth or go fuck yourself with mung bean

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mezro
    EVH, AVH & Fatty all act like Dave did nothing for their career when in reality he made those mother fuckers.
    If it was all Dave, why couldn't he keep his own career on track?
    Like it or not VH carried on and were much more successful than Dave was solo.
    Even VHIII went gold a task Dave hasn't been able to achieve since 1991.

Take it easy,
    General Hina

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by lms2
    Back when they recorded Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff No More Van Halens take was that Roth was just back for those two songs. More would require a major tour...and Eddie did not want to do that with his hip like it was (Boo Hoo) because he couldnt keep up the pace anymore. I read this in an interview with him. But now the hip thing is not a problem. Neither is Valerie.
    I thought Val the Cow was pro Roth in '96?

Mezro....ed should have married mckenzie phillips..at least the weed would have been better

GOT ROTH?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    why you said that? you look verys ecure of that , i don't think so
    "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Thread Information