Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IZOD Arena Ed Meltdown

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll be honest, there have been times when I could have killed a soundman if he had been in reaching distance. I would have thrown a monitor too....if I had the cash to buy a new one. If you can't hear yourself and the band, then you'll play like shit...I don't care who you are.

Eat 'Em And Smile Bitch!!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Eddie sounds great on this tour. I didn't think that at all in '04.
    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
    - DLR, 2004

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DR CHIP
    With all due respect, Ed's meltdown was not 10 minutes long. It affected almost 1/3 of the show.

From the point Ed couldn't get satisfaction with the tech he lost it from then on. His playing was not very good for the rest of the night and then he grabbed Dave at the first bow and whispered in his ear. The encore came on almost right away. It was obvious Ed was done with the night and wanted it over.

Folks, I am not saying whether Ed should or should not have been upset with the tech, but his working it out was terrible. On his solo, (which thank God my wife recorded the first part of with our digital camera) shows Ed all over the place trying to play 316. Whether he was so pissed and didn't care, or he just can't play anymore is irrelevant, it was disappointing as a true VH fan.

I am giving honest commentary for those on te board who probably will not go to the show, or cannot go to the show. My original post was very fair - Dave was great and Al played terrific. Ed just isn't his old self and that is disappointing. Rather than BS the board I am spitting it out like it was.

Ed had a meltdown, period. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you thought Ed's playing rocked then more power to you and I am truly glad you enjoyed the show. I enjoyed the show immensely but was terribly let down by Ed's playing and antics.

Peace
    Well, we also have to consider that there's a 110% chance that I could go out on that stage and play those songs better than Ed is doin, no matter how fine he may sound on this tour......
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by scottydabodi
    Well, we also have to consider that there's a 110% chance that I could go out on that stage and play those songs better than Ed is doin, no matter how fine he may sound on this tour......
    No beef brother...we both love VH...

Let's drop the subject and enjoy the ride...I have no doubt there are people on this board that could do Ed's stuff right now as good as him and THAT is my disappointment....

On to better things!!!!

Peace

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DR CHIP
    No beef brother...we both love VH...

Let's drop the subject and enjoy the ride...I have no doubt there are people on this board that could do Ed's stuff right now as good as him and THAT is my disappointment....

On to better things!!!!

Peace
    No beef man, the only disappointment for me is that there's no B.Young on stage... that guy rocks.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGalV-2pmQc&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGalV-2pmQc&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    IMHO, an Ed meltdown is more associated with smashing a guitar, and looking like Pebbles Flintstone. (Thank you, Mr. Walker)

Maybe it was an off night, maybe the guitar tech had the action at less than a half inch?

At least Ed appears to give a fuck. Unlike the Pebbles era.

Happy holidays!!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMAO

Yup...he was a little "fired Up".....

but hey...anybody who saw DAVE a couple of summers back in SARNIA at BAYFEST saw him go nuclear on the soundguy.....

these guys aren't known for diplomacy..........

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That video doesn't look much like a meltdown to me. He's on stage performing. He shouldn't need to deal with the same issues that happen at a high school talent show. I get pissed when my shit isn't working too, whether it's an amp, my car, or this piece of shit Dell I'm typing on right now. Last summer I saw Jerry Cantrell knock a Marshall cabinet off the top of a stack because it kept cutting out on him. Jerry's just not under a microscope. Who gives a shit? People need to stop treating this tour like it's a science project and just enjoy themselves.

Happy Holidays.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Henry Rollins sez:

"Listen to the stage manager and get on stage when they tell you to. No one has time for the rock star bullshit. None of the techs backstage care if your David Bowie or the milkman. When you act like a jerk, they are completely unimpressed with the infantile display that you might think comes with your dubious status. They were there hours before you building the stage, and they will be there hours after you leave tearing it down. They should get your salary, and you should get theirs."
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seems from various clips I've seen along with a couple of full-length boots of this tour, that Ed is a bit fumble-footed at times with his pedal board. Not talking specifically about the Jamie's Crying "monitor-throwing incident" (which was more of a drag), but points where all of sudden the guitar sound goes awry right after Ed steps on his board...like he hit the wrong switch...

Maybe he just needs to simplify his rig. Bit of delay, bit of phaser, a gain switch for solos...keep it concise.

In terms of practice, well, they're a few months into the tour, here. Not that any guitar player couldn't use practice time, but he's probably playing about as well as he's gonna.

Am not really missing the relative lack of interviews from the band this time around, despite the strangeness of it. There's really little that needs to be said. They're out there doing it. Go buy a ticket and go see it, and it will tell you what you want to know.

Definitely seems Ed is the Wild Card this time out in terms of sporatic performances, but I didn't see THAT big of a deal with the monitor thing. He obviously wasn't getting the sound he wanted, or something wasn't to his satisfaction, and may have felt he wasn't getting a prompt-enough response from the tech crew. I dunno. Whatever, The band kept playing and got through the song. It wasn't like the whole show stopped, and Ed drunkenly stumbled up to an open mic, yelling "Fuck it, the tours over."
    Last edited by Terry; 12-22-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I loose my cool way to often and I am not even a rock star.

The testosterone gets to flying around and sh!t starts to go wrong reaction can be violent not life ending, but fukk a inanimate object.

Once I kicked my car cause the magic gas farries, didn't come down and put gas in my car, for me,broke my foot.

I got no prob with the "meltdown" it's not, it's just a pissed off dude releasing some pent up disgust for a fukkin half assed tool that won't work as designed.

Big deal.

next....

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Edtard should be so ashamed.

P.S.

Wolfie this is not how you do things.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I lose my cool at work all the time when things dont go the way I think they should go, oh well, I probably would have been fired If I worked for any other company, LOL,

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Edtard is an idiot.

Thread Information