The Who headlined the first ever day of the first ever Knowsley Hall Music Festival in Liverpool on 23rd June 2007. Just under a year earlier they headlined two nights at another Liverpool festival, the month long "Summer Pops", which took place annually in a specially-erected marquee, and has been headlined in the past by artists as diverse as Elton John, Paul McCartney, James Brown, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Diana Ross, Jools Holland, Tom Jones, Bryan Ferry, Yes, Alice Cooper, Julio Iglesias, ZZ Top, Eric Clapton, Pet Shop Boys, Corinne Bailey Rae, Bryan Adams and hundreds more. It was the first time The Who had played Liverpool since 1971 (mainly because there was nowhere big enough for them). They later said it was amongst the greatest shows of their career...and Roger Daltrey later called the city "the best singers in the country...they were singing the songs louder than we were playing them". I was there the first night, and the atmosphere was indescribable...like nothing I've experienced before and doubt I will experience again. It was one of the few times I can say something special happened...even the then-unreleased "Mike Post Theme" was greeted like an old favourite.

It looked as if The Who were to once again play the festival in 2007, until it was announced that the month-long extravaganza was cancelled (it was subsquently saved and moved to Aintree Racecourse). Soon after, it was announced that The Who would headline the first day of the Knowsley Hall Music Festival, which gave rise to rumours that the festival was created just so that The Who could play in Liverpool again.

The night after, The Who travelled to Glastonbury to headline probably the most prestigious festival in Europe...that boot has already been posted by Jack68...however, this boot is better, for a number of reasons...

i) Roger's voice is better...probably the best it has been in recent years
ii) Unlike Glasto, where they only played 90 minutes, this boot is a full set
iii) It's in Liverpool, The Who's new favourite city.

In short...Roger's on fine form...Pete is on fine form...and it's all pro-recorded...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S29YRAQW

CD1

1. I Can't Explain (2:57)
2. The Seeker (2:26)
3. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (4:53)
4. Fragments (4:59)
5. Who Are You? (7:01)
6. Behind Blue Eyes (3:59)
7. Real Good Lookin' Boy (5:49)
8. Baba O'Reily (7:21)
9. Relay (7:05)
10. Eminence Front (5:48)

CD 2

1. Man In A Purple Dress (4:53)
2. You Better You Bet (5:36)
3. My Generation (9:12)
4. Won't Get Fooled Again (13:17)
5. The Kids Are Alright (3:01)
6. Pinball Wizard (2:45)
7. Amazing Journey/Sparks [w/ "Captain Walker" verse] (9:30)
8. See Me Feel Me/Listening To You (6:34)
9. Tea and Theatre (4:43)

BAND:
Pete Townshend & Roger Daltrey

&

Pino Pallidino-Bass
Zak Strakey-Drums
Rabbit-Keyboards
Simon Townshend-Guitar/Vocals