X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
    Great fucking band !!! Love all 3 albums. They were the last band i was into until Black Stone Cherry came out. Another great band with 3 underated disc's. Top 40 heavy metal might still be around but these are real band's in a LONG LIVE ROCK ROCK REALLY IS DEAD scene. I like some of the Shinedown stuff also. Damon Johnson from Brother Cane is playing guitar for Alice Cooper these days. Great player.
    Saw them open on the Balance tour. And my band open for the in 97ish. Killer band.

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

A finnish 70's prog rock band Wigwam...well this band was more like "deep pop", but ain't it a perfect and beautiful piece of a song:

This is my fav tune of the album. Listen to the drummer! Listen to the guitar. Very futuristic.

Some of the older albums are way more progressive...they really did some amazing music. A bit of "The Band" too. The singer was british.
      Last edited by Golden AWe; 01-14-2012, 03:30 PM.
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by SNIPER
        Anybody remember this shit. I used to dig it.
        Oh man, they're on my list of records to review. The guitar playing is sensationaly explosive blues rock (although I was never sold on the singer).
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• clarathecarrot
          Full Member Status

• May 2010

I think any no one knows bands I have heard of are long gone but this is one rarely talked about .
          I mean no-one really talks about this and I think they are pretty sharp. I know they were big in the UK.
          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• nitroDave23
            Roadie
            • Jan 2012

KIX are a band that didn't quite make it past 2 or 3 hits, one of the better glam/rock bands of the 80's.

Got all their albums, after Hot Wire they just fizzled out.Nobody I know has a damn clue who it is when I play them, lol

Another great "not so known" band was TANK.

Got a motorhead vibe with more melodies...their first album was produced by Fast Eddie Clark.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
              Groupie
              • May 2009

Wellwater Conspiracy:

As I mentioned before, I love this band. Their 2nd, 3rd and 4th albums are awesome. Their 1st is good, but not as good as those.

Porcupine Tree:

They are not really obscure, but I don't know a lot of people who listen to them / know about them.

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

The Hollywood Stars - didn't appear on their debut album, but the original of the song Kiss did on Destroyer (Kiss, like Elvis used to, were able to wangle writing credit on a song they covered). I like this version, it's from 1974, and produced (like the album below) by Kim Fowley:

I think this was their debut album, three years of so after that single. I'm sure these guys must've crossed tracks with VH on the Strip back in the 70s:

Last edited by VHscraps; 01-14-2012, 07:51 PM.
                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Ray Gomez, Volume, Columbia Records, 1980. Been listening to it for 30 years - on and off - and it always sounds good when I go back to it.

It's a bit jazz-funk-rock-fusion in places, but he's a great guitar player - listen up to the solo if you are not initially convinced. Vinnie Appice, later of Sabbath, plays drums on the first of these (it's two songs together in the clip).

Listen to the damn tone at the solo...

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                    I think any no one knows bands I have heard of are long gone but this is one rarely talked about .
                    I mean no-one really talks about this and I think they are pretty sharp. I know they were big in the UK.
                    I always thought 999 sounded like some odd hybrid of the Sex Pistols and Generation X.....

Speaking of which, Generation X never really got their due in the States either. Though everyone knows their lead singer's later stuff.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just in case you never knew what Doug Fieger was doing before "My Sharona"......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Floridaman1985

They are not really obscure, but I don't know a lot of people who listen to them / know about them.
                        I've seen them live twice and own some of their albums. A really good and inspirive band.
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Don't have any albums out yet, Mary's a perfectionist... and nothing is ever good enough when she records, lol. But, I do have a few personal videos of "The Mary Thomas Blues Band". Incredible talent

Last edited by Angel; 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM. Reason: I fucked up
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...