Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hummarstra
    Commando
    • Feb 2004

Rolling Stone is a worthless waste of a tree. Fuck 'em.

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Rolling Stone never gave VH the time of day, so why shouldn't VH tell 'em to fuck off?
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Veteran
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Coyote
        Rolling Stone never gave VH the time of day, so why shouldn't VH tell 'em to fuck off?
        Because it's an industry "thang". Getting the cover of RS - like winning an Oscar, or whatever - provides much, MUCH more clout. And Bob articulated very well that the band SHOULD be answering the tough questions (and how tough is it REALLY to answer "Where's Mike?", when in a matter of hours 20,000 people are going to be screaming back every lyric you've written in your life and going apeshit for you putting a hat up over your dick during the guitar break in "Dance the Night Away"?)

Say what you will about Rolling Stone - and it's ALL totally legit - it's still a means for the band to reach and communicate with the general public.
        RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Say what you will about Rolling Stone - and it's ALL totally legit - it's still a means for the band to reach and communicate with the general public.
          True, but it's "A" means, not "the". And it certainly ain't "the only". Savvy?

And "award-winner" don't sound as cool as "nominated for", if you ask me... Mileage may vary, though.
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• RogueHorseman
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Vinnie is on the mark here, and Dave stated outright at the start of this thing that they were going to let the music do the talking and I think it serves the situation well. Sometimes the less you talk (promote), the more talk you create.

Dave knows that, and to me the marketing of this has his fingerprints all over it.

See ya at the bank, Rolling Stone, and be sure to tell the world... spread it all around that we turned you down.
            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Bet Wolfie's pissed
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                Bet Wolfie's pissed
                His fat ass would never have fitted on the cover anyway....

The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jero
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Now I think this is Dave's way to keep the spotlight! We won't talk to anybody, just you wait and see what we have for the near future. Now everybody is wondering why don't they wanna talk to us, what are they hiding! Dave style all the way

Comment

• franksters
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

there building momentum...roth style imo.
                    Last edited by franksters; 11-29-2007, 04:01 PM.
                    SUMMER'S JUST
                    AROUND
                    THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• TVGUY
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                      True, however, I can half understand why they are taking this stance and IMO it has nothing to do with keeping Dave's mouth shut.

See, the Van Halen brothers have said a lot of bullshit over the past 22 years, since the breakup of CVH. Whether it was saying how great Sam is to the band in 1986 to saying how great it is to have Gary in the band back in 1998.

All bullshit.

So much has been said in the press, good or bad, I just think that the whole band, DAVE INCLUDED, decided that they wouldn't be doing any press 'cause you know they will be asked stuff like:

- Mike
                      - Sam
                      - The breakup in '85
                      - the MTV debacle in '96

etc, etc.

Everything they say regarding those things will be scrutinized in a way that Dave, Ed and Al just wouldn't win. People would be like, "oh they are bullshitting the fans again with all this stuff about how they are getting along better than they have been."

They said what they wanted to say at the Press Conference and that's it.

As far as this tour goes.

Now if they were to promote a new album, then yeah, they'd have to do more press.
                      BINGO... Dead on correct sir!!!
                      Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        And, for me, as a fan, .
                        fag.

But you're right....

and Vinnie's right....

and I'm right...........[which is all that matters]

But I also find it hilarious and ironic that spED hires his gash as the new PR Rep for the band........ and then issues a fucking GAG order as far as press is concerned.

All it would take is one fucking "this aint about your fucking hip" comment in the rags for all hell to break loose.

But back to Wolfie, every one of us at 16-17 wanted to be on the cover of RS. You just know he's thinking "fucking drama queens, first the Hall of Fame and now this"

But, better safe than sorry. Let the music speak.

They'll will be plenty of time for further sniping and backstabbing later.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Coyote
                            EXACTLY !!!!

Some of you guys surprise me....

After 30 years of Rolling Stone fucking them over, it's time for Van Halen to say FUCK YOU to them !!!
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                              EXACTLY !!!!

Some of you guys surprise me....

After 30 years of Rolling Stone fucking them over, it's time for Van Halen to say FUCK YOU to them !!!
                              Umm, for 23 of those 30 years, spEDCO did a fine job of fucking themselves over.....

Didnt need much help there

And now they have their shit together [relatively speaking] and they choose to snub RS out of spite ??

I dont get it personally. But then I was pissed they were such Manginas over the RNRHOF too.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                And now they have their shit together [relatively speaking] and they choose to snub RS out of spite ??
                                Why yes, that's exactly what I'm saying....

Like the others have said, you really don't expect them to say anything, do you ??
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...