I don't remember of a thread of this kind in this forum, so...

We all know at least a handful of Unknown Greats around us.

Here are a few bands who ROCK in the area - all of them are my buds, but I would show their stuff if they weren't too!

I live on the French side of Lake Geneva. Both in Geneva and in the nearest big town across the French-Swiss boarder, there's a big gig circuit and a pretty active independent record industry. Some of the bands here are real killers, music-wise and showmanship-wise, even.

Here's MOTOCROSS, a "ska/metal" band who play real loud and fast, with horns.
Samir, the singer, is THE performer in the area (certain nights, we think "in the universe" ): he plays magic tricks between songs, delivers incredible, kickass speeches (he's a professional actor too), frequently changes clothes on stage and ends every concert naked with a pyrotechnic rocket in his butt!

I saw them a dozen times on stage, and each time, even if you know them well, it's not less amazing...
In May, on the weekend following the election of Sarkozy, the new French president (a curse...), he came see me just before his band was on, asked me, with a nearly empty Scotch bottle he'd been busting to "warm up", if I had noticed policemen in civvies (he's so subversive that the police send some to their gigs!), and there actually were... He showed me an anti-Sarkozy speech he had written and wanted to pronounce in public, especially if those cops in civvies were there... which he did, in an inordinately, awesome, histrionic vociferating way...

Here's a link to their myspace, where you unfortunately don't find a proper video of them on stage, but 3 songs that give you an idea:

http://www.myspace.com/motocrossscoutcore

Now, feel free to post links or vids of the Bands that ROCK in your own area!