This Site is Running SLLLOOOOOWWWWWW....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Yup, that hideous white screen yo! ... I've mastered the copy and paste technique when posting my reply's ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Here's a serious technical question for Mezro and co. if I may -
      If another picture forum (saying in general , I'm not even asking 'cause honestly I'm not sure I even want to bring back the Muff Thred if I could/would be able to- it was what it was) but anyway just in general....
      If another forum were created that only allowed hosted pics, (Imageshack, whatever), not attachments, would that impede the performance of the site time-wise (white screens and the like)? Are hosted images a problem at all?
      I'm just curious, seriously...
      There were (and could be again, as I and others I imagine have quite a bit) quite a few cool as shit CVH shots; concert pics, promotional pics from back in the day, etc. that were
      lost (unless a similar vBulletin archive of them exists, like the one of the Muff Thread Isaac R. Pointed out and yes, like the packrat I am I saved many many pages worth of image-links outta there...just in case ) when the entire Picuture-palooza got the axe. Pron aside, that is kind of a loss for the site.
      And out of curiousity, was there some sort of political (for lack of a better word) decision made higher up to dump the majority of the Pron around here? (And -at least, heh -there is still the Pen pron thread, thankyaverymuch)...I maintain there's something inherently classic VH about naked or nearly-naked women everywhere. It was just part of their overall vibe.
      That's the first two things that got me about VH as a 12-year old kid...that I wanted to play like Eddie, and "Wow. Chicks DIG them." But like I said, just asking out of curiousity...

And if not, can I start a thread of cool pics of Eddie's guitars (past and present) in "Gear Street"?
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Mezro
        Full Member Status

• May 2004

Yo J,

Another picture forum with all hosted images would be perfect; it is the attachments that end up clogging up the works. The only performance glitch you will get from hosted images is a slightly longer page load time (if you have a ton of images in a thread).

I understand your concern about CVH pictures, rare shit etc etc etc...if a member really wanted something, it is safe to assume they would have grabbed a copy by now. Rarely does one site have exclusivity to any content these days; a quick dip into Google will allow you to find anything that may have been deleted. The goods are still out there, we are just no longer hosting them.

Nothing political at all about the Pron dump...I fucking love Pron as much as the next tissue blaster...we just do not have the space to host it. Plus, I love pointing strokers towards my favorite site for making glue:

Ed's guitar thread? Sure...slap it in main and knock yourself the fuck out. Just host the images and the world will be a happier place.

Mezro...now go forth and conquer...the world awaits your creativity...
        Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Hav'nt been able to attach an image on this site in ages(years).
          That was my prime motivator in signing up a Photobucket acct.
          Site is running a little bit quicker (cool) .
          Now why not delete the motherfuckers who sign up and NEVER post.
          Why not shitcan dormant/unused profiles as well?
          A lot of hard work went into the Photoshop Thread. 99% of shit was hosted elsewhere. Could it not have been moved to "Non"?

Whatever ,just venting......Keep on choppin!
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            Love the new Army Retro format, complete with dial-up speed downloading.
            :56k:

Why don't we write each other letters? It would be faster

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...