X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
    I had a Honda 50 at 13 have written about it here, but one of my friends had a Scat Cat ( mini bike frame) was what I think it was called looked like that 9 year olds mini bike you pictured.

He put the largest lawnmower motor on the frame he could find I think it was a Briggs and Stratton 1200 4 STROKER ...after he had the throttle all the way open and couldn't get any more out of it due to the govoner..? He would reach down and grab the switch that is the govoner,( what we called it) push it past where the throttle stop was and get another 10MPH out of that little thing..lol I bet he could do 50 mph.
    Best thing you could ever for for a kid is to get him/her a minibike (if they have the place to use it) and turn them loose with it. One of the greatest experiences of my life was riding my first Mini bike in the woods all day in the summer. I'd take my lunch and a gas can and stash it in the bushes, Ride till I was hungry, take a break, then ride the rest of the day. Good thing going home was downhill (on a public road so I had to push it) I was so tired I wouldn't have made it.....

This was my first Minibike (called a "Minicycle"). Not this particular one (I bought it on Ebay about 9 yrs ago), this is actually much better than what mine looked like once I was through with it. 71 Rupp Scrambler. 3 1/2 horse, the first minibikes made more like motorcycles (suspension, etc).

Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      A lot of the hardcore Harley guys don't consider it a true Harley. It has a water cooled engine designed by Porsche.
      The heads on my stroker were in collaboration with Porsche. Works like a bastard.

If i'm correct, those don't have a common crankpin. That's what sets Harleys apart from everybody else (AND makes them vibrate)....
      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I always heard air cooled engines run dirtier. Also that rear jug doesn't get as much cooling is the one in front that could be why it is dirtier. Plus the cooling is not going to be consistent.
        Yep, jetting is critical. But they will last forever ( longer that you will) if you take care of them.

The one consistent thing is if you don't, you'll WILL consistently spend a lot of time on the side of the road....
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Thank you, Sesh
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

my nephew will have multiple acres on a farm to cut his teeth on the mini bike.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

I was over a friend's place this weekend....very cool watching his 5 year old scoot around the back 40 on a tiny 4 wheeler......which has been adjusted so he can't go very fast..........

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

302947_10151481363828611_266079458_n.jpg

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  my nephew will have multiple acres on a farm to cut his teeth on the mini bike.
                  He is going to have some great times...Summer or even winter in the country ...sheet....

To Be Whacky or Not that is the question of the day.

I will no longer ride a wheelie on a street bike unless I go to a road race school wich is what I want to do when the lotto comes in.( I never play the lotto)..lol.

I will however if I can get to a place in the country and buy a old light dirt bike that I care litle about scratching up....possibly do some silly stuff at a reasonable speed..

I mean a dirt bike comes off the ground at 3MPH ...I will probably wear a helmet.....and some leather...and ..WTF...maybe I will get a 4wheeler..lol.

Is this Mid-Life Crisis over yet...dang ...I wonder how much time I would get now for doing a burnout on the VA floor tile, crest and logo, of my highschool. I wonder if a buddy (partner in crime) will hold the double doors open at the end of that hallway again.......???????

HEY !!!..It was there fault for placing it on the floor,, people walk on it all the time..wtf......Highschool Brain Logic ..I still got it!!!!
                  Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM.
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

http://http://cheezburger.com/7380715776

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

pete's lady's scoot

abby scoot.jpg

Comment

• Igosplut
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good learning bike. Teach her how to pick it up off it's side. All the bad needs to be know first...
                        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Igosplut
                          Good learning bike. Teach her how to pick it up off it's side. All the bad needs to be know first...
                          she's taking the "crash course" at the local community college on their scoots. however, agreed!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Nise low to the ground seat ..excellent starter bike.

A little heavy for negotiating the cones at the license place..DMV.

When I was 15 I got my D designation on my DL..I took the test on friends 1975 Honda 350 street bike..very light made short work of the obstacle course.

Did I see a few pages back a pic of you PB.. and your wife on a tour (just the bikes in the photo) and she had a Harley street glide..?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                              Nise low to the ground seat ..excellent starter bike.

A little heavy for negotiating the cones at the license place..DMV.

When I was 15 I got my D designation on my DL..I took the test on friends 1975 Honda 350 street bike..very light made short work of the obstacle course.

Did I see a few pages back a pic of you PB.. and your wife on a tour (just the bikes in the photo) and she had a Harley street glide..?
                              she has an 04 dyna superglide, i'm gonna take my dmv test on it

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

We never have to renue due to a grandfather clause or something....are you not licensed for a two wheeler.

Comment

Working...