X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

it's bright in the dump
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Igosplut
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Five speed is next for the other shovel.
      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I am 99% sure I am picking up this bike next week.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

We are late coming out of winter this year. I haven't even looked at my bikes yet. I haven't even put the batteries in them yet.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Interesting lines. A nice combination of classic and modern. That frame looks strong as hell.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                Between shitty materials in the 50s, and age both heads developed cracks. Glassbeading over the years reduces thins castings (already casted thin) to limits that weaken them further. I found a set of virgin 57 heads in Austria of all places, and they're coming back from the machine shop in a few weeks. The old heads are fixable, so they're going down the road as these are two-year only and factory (FLH only) ported so they are extremely rare....

Looks like it was running a bit rich. Quite a bit of carbon on the pistons. Did you have a head gasket leak on the rear cylinder?

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Looks like it was running a bit rich. Quite a bit of carbon on the pistons. Did you have a head gasket leak on the rear cylinder?
                  Nope, not at all. Let a old Harley idle for 30 seconds and it will blacken the piston tops.. That bike runs very clean, your looking a 20K
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    I may be a little ignorant of newer bikes (OK, maybe more) but what it that?
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Harley VRod. The paint is translucent red. They scratch all the surfaces lightly, then spray the translucent paint over it. Fucking amazing paint job.

Comment

• Igosplut
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Christ, shows how out of touch I am when I can't identify a Harley.....
                        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

a Honda-Davidson just kiddin'. my friend has an 01? v-rod that has been ultimately quite reliable, just goes thru tires like mad without burnouts

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Christ, shows how out of touch I am when I can't identify a Harley.....
                            A lot of the hardcore Harley guys don't consider it a true Harley. It has a water cooled engine designed by Porsche.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

wllie g said they put "cooling fins" on the engine so it didn't look like a water pump

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Nope, not at all. Let a old Harley idle for 30 seconds and it will blacken the piston tops.. That bike runs very clean, your looking a 20K
                                I always heard air cooled engines run dirtier. Also that rear jug doesn't get as much cooling is the one in front that could be why it is dirtier. Plus the cooling is not going to be consistent. Yup. An cool old engine but they have their quirks. That's part of the appeal.

Comment

Working...