Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barney G
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2012

Amazing paint job, I may be forced to plagiarise when I build my cafe racer.
    Victor Hugo - What evil good can be

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

biker chicks.jpg

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

AZJan2013 110.jpg

awaiting a new painted inner fairing
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

done. new inner fairing, actually, my old original fairing and now painted. new front and rear pads, new motormount, new primary chain shoe/gaskets, new rear tire, NEW GROUND WIRE to my speedo which no longer flicks on and off, cd player is still fooked, new tour pack hinge pins and latches, new/lightly used seat. life is good. even washed my windshield

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

one day///////.................................................. I am going to do things................................things will get done......man, I'll be smiling man.......................

the no embed dump, is kakka....click the link...peace.

2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

So, I was sitting around the homestead last saturday, didn't know whether to, migrate, rotate or jackanate.... rebate. I was kinda just conjigating the sands and trees.

Then the phone rings...caller Id sais, it is a old friend I haven't heard from in 6 months and it has been like that for years ,,he is a a busy man work/wife ..etc...

The voice on the phone sais, come outside.....I say, what ? ...voice sais, I am on your driveway.......so, I sais, huh...something new to investigate...outside in, THE WORLD.

So, I wander to the door and out in my driveway is my old buddy and his new, to him scooter..( see link) he and I have rode since we were kids and he has had 5 or 6 bikes but has been in a cage for over 10 years though he rides ATV's and such but no road bikes. He still has a 1973 BMW 600 with 9K original miles (needing full rehab in the garage).

It was a great visit he was rolling around getting a wash on his ride and just stopped by to shoot the shit.

His shadow is blue, full king queen seat with bags and extra crome. He sais it is his starter bike for him and his wife to get back in the breeze.. then onto bigger and better things.

He and I made some plans to ride this spring and ...I said, cool.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                done. new inner fairing, actually, my old original fairing and now painted. new front and rear pads, new motormount, new primary chain shoe/gaskets, new rear tire, NEW GROUND WIRE to my speedo which no longer flicks on and off, cd player is still fooked, new tour pack hinge pins and latches, new/lightly used seat. life is good. even washed my windshield

PB are these things you decided to replace excluding brake pads, ( mandatory relace often item), ...I mean,.. like the motor mount / primary gaskets, part of a 15K mile or something maintenance requirement or just things you wanted to repair..?

Did you have to pull the primary cover to get the drive belt or chain off for rear pads... and decided to replace these other items....?

Because, I need to know ...cause I am a nosey mother fucher.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                  PB are these things you decided to replace excluding brake pads, ( mandatory relace often item), ...I mean,.. like the motor mount / primary gaskets, part of a 15K mile or something maintenance requirement or just things you wanted to repair..?

Did you have to pull the primary cover to get the drive belt or chain off for rear pads... and decided to replace these other items....?

Because, I need to know ...cause I am a nosey mother fucher.
                  the bolts from the block to the mount bracket had been loose for some time, long story, which beat up and bent the old rubber mount. last spring, had a local shop replace my stator and the Jim's? gasket they used leaked/weeped badly after a year, so replaced it with a h.d. one. put the shoe in just cause they are cheap and the old one mighta had 20k on it. my old seat is pretty cracked from the sun out here and my buddy brought a used one with him for his winter visit. the front mount tab is broken off, but it don't go nowhere when you're sittin' on it. the tour pack hardware was to eliminate some rattlin', I should really put some new weatherstrippin' on, but that can wait. and my last inner fairing broke at the two top mounting spots where the metal brackets vibrated apart and beat on the plastic mounting spots.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

now I have a spare seat that i'm gonna get redone by an old local custom seat guy. heard nothin' but praise of his work and he's affordable. I guess he's in his late 70's or early 80's but loves to putter around in his garage. get rid of the pillow top/buttoned look with a smooth surface and some gel inserts.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Sometimes it is a drag knowing how to fix things you look at your mechanic knowing your repairs may be passed off to some guy who is only at the shop for a short time and his work will be questionable.

You know you can do it cheaper and better, but sometimes busting your knucles on this or that... makes it worth paying for.

I replaced the thermostat <(edit) on my V6 car motor the other day and it took 2 hrs to evaluate and dissasemble the injection, (throttle body. intake etc, what we used to call it) to get to the thermostat, top of motor under all this mumbo jumbo.

I could replace the thermostat on my truck in 30 min..lol.

I just want to pay sometimes so I don't have to deal and I want better than me results...hard to find.

Sounds like you got some good work done or almost done and mobil again and are better for it..right on PB.

When i get rich I am going to cruise thru AZ and say hello ...don't worry it will be a few years you can evacuate and relocate before then.
                      Last edited by clarathecarrot; 01-28-2013, 12:29 AM. Reason: bad brain ..tits!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

you can park your carrot in my crisper anytime

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

my buddy, dubie, is an h.d. mechanic in Wisconsin and stays with us in the winter when he is laid off. he is a kick ass technician, sucks when I gotta trust someone else to do it. I wouldn't tackle this stuff without his supervision/guidance/get the hell outta the way and let me show you the right wayness.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

now I have a spare seat that i'm gonna get redone by an old local custom seat guy. heard nothin' but praise of his work and he's affordable. I guess he's in his late 70's or early 80's but loves to putter around in his garage. get rid of the pillow top/buttoned look with a smooth surface and some gel inserts.
                            I put some rear footpegs on my sporty if I get lucky...she will know I care..just not sure enough of my babe skills to buy a rear seat.

Or that I care.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

you can park your carrot in my crisper anytime

but, that is where you keep the beer ?

Crisp and refreshing beer.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

my buddy, dubie, is an h.d. mechanic in Wisconsin and stays with us in the winter when he is laid off. he is a kick ass technician, sucks when I gotta trust someone else to do it. I wouldn't tackle this stuff without his supervision/guidance/get the hell outta the way and let me show you the right wayness.
                                It is hard to know the way to get to things..the rerpair may be simple it's all the other jazz you have to remove and protect that is the matrix of knowlege..the tricky part.

I used to laugh at the extra parts and screws I had left over while pulling a motor on my car and replacing it....Obviously!! over kill by the manufacturer..lol..400$ toilet seat ..wtf. Like those spark plug heat shields doooo'mo'jackies just pieces of metal and I already have my exhaust bolts on and torqued ...then you see them sitting there looking like 6 more hours of work and I am out of gaskets and money...bla bla bla..lol.

I don't like that when working on things now, especially bikes...you are lucky to have this friend to show you the way...always something new to learn and sometimes a better way to do it.

Comment

Working...