roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

PB this thread may get some action next spring it has some great stuff in it.

great pic..lol
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nice PB ...

But explain to me,.. A Sticky in the DUMP!!!

I mean a special thread imortalized in the trash bin of this site.

what?

Maybe oneday this thread will be honored with a reappearance in a forum of some awesomeness, like it deserves.

Ride On!

Dump Messiah
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2018 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

It is stickyed because I have motorcycles , plus it shouldn't be here really . But if you're going to moan about it I'll delete it . Know what I is saying ?

8. Thanked Reverberator for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (12-09-2012)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    A Sticky in the DUMP!!!
    !

those are the ones that no matter how much you wipe you just can't get the job completed. Hate those. Go through half roll of paper for fucks sake.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    What the fuck was Senior thinking giving the green light to his goofball design guy's snowmobile design in the first place? They put themselves out of the running from the start by not even building a motorcycle. If Senior had any brain cells left in his skull he would have fired that hack a long time ago, and especially when he come up with a design for an electric powered snowmobile with flamethrowers for a custom MOTORCYCLE build off. I think Senior has truly lost his mind in the last couple of years.
    Such a thing is cool if you are in first grade. I actually like the motorcycle builders that can make something out of nothing. They don't have all the fancy tools and the big shop. They can do a lot with a welder and a torch. If you are going to be fancy then you need to start making some engine or transmission components to impress me. I think that's why I always liked Indian Larry and Billy Lane. I always thought it was cool how those guys were creative thinking outside of the box and putting something together without having to have a water jet or CNC machine.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    What's cool about motorcycles is you can get a lot of performance without breaking the bank. It would cost a lot of money to get the kind of performance you can get out of a bike from a car and even at that, a car is never going to do what a bike can. Then of course it's just nice to cruise in the open air. Riding a bike is the closest thing you are going to get to flying.

Take a proper motorcycle course, wear the safety equipment, don't start out with too much bike at first and earn your horsepower and don't be stupid. A motorcycle is the cheapest and easiest to maintain thrill on the planet. Not too many things you can store in such little space and have so much fun on.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

a dump sticky, fuck yes! thanks senor ator

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-12-2013 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Gentlemen,

Greeting firstly. I am Ash's mate who had the big bike accident 18 months ago, Dave posted about it and i have joined here. I am also a long term member of powerslide.net (as Andy Roo).

Despite an accident that broke 27 bones, punctured 2 lungs and still has me walking on sticks awaiting an amputation I am super keen to throw my leg over a real bike again

I like most of the powerslide ilk are sports bikes lovers 100% and my 2 experiences riding Harley's were ...underwhelming. that said there are different bikes for different people and I lean to the "insane power with less weight with handling and brakes" side, I also love a cruise on my BMW R1150 for the cruise and the smell of the countryside. After my accident I lost the "us and them" of sports bikes -v- all others and I realise now that the dude having a cruise on his old trumpie is feeling something that I feel and that in that way it is all similiar and all very cool.

I like bikes because they are, in my view organic. I do not mean they are made from celery, but the smells and sights and sounds you get when not cocooned in a car are amazing, a road has character on a bike but a car is insulated from it, too many degrees of separation.

I believe it was Grant? that suggested I start posting here, so I start and being fanatical about bikes and racing I'll probably bombard this thread with useless inforamtion from the various championships I follow at any given time.

Cheers

Barney G *Who should just use Andy because that my "actual name".

How do I change Barney G to "Speedbump Andy" ?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barney G View Post
    Gentlemen,

Greeting firstly. I am Ash's mate who had the big bike accident 18 months ago, Dave posted about it and i have joined here. I am also a long term member of powerslide.net (as Andy Roo).

Despite an accident that broke 27 bones, punctured 2 lungs and still has me walking on sticks awaiting an amputation I am super keen to throw my leg over a real bike again

I like most of the powerslide ilk are sports bikes lovers 100% and my 2 experiences riding Harley's were ...underwhelming. that said there are different bikes for different people and I lean to the "insane power with less weight with handling and brakes" side, I also love a cruise on my BMW R1150 for the cruise and the smell of the countryside. After my accident I lost the "us and them" of sports bikes -v- all others and I realise now that the dude having a cruise on his old trumpie is feeling something that I feel and that in that way it is all similiar and all very cool.

I like bikes because they are, in my view organic. I do not mean they are made from celery, but the smells and sights and sounds you get when not cocooned in a car are amazing, a road has character on a bike but a car is insulated from it, too many degrees of separation.

I believe it was Grant? that suggested I start posting here, so I start and being fanatical about bikes and racing I'll probably bombard this thread with useless inforamtion from the various championships I follow at any given time.

Cheers

Barney G *Who should just use Andy because that my "actual name".

How do I change Barney G to "Speedbump Andy" ?
    exactly, don't care how ya get your knees in the breeze, just enjoy the ride

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-12-2013 @ 08:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    93 Honda Shadow VT1100

shadow.jpg

16. 2 users say thank you to DaveG5150 for this KICKASS post:

Barney G (01-07-2013),PETE'S BROTHER (12-31-2012)

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reverberator View Post
    It is stickyed because I have motorcycles , plus it shouldn't be here really . But if you're going to moan about it I'll delete it . Know what I is saying ?
    Merry Xmas Rev.

18. Thanked Dan for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (01-27-2013)

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-12-2013 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Amazing paint job, I may be forced to plagiarise when I build my cafe racer.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

AZJan2013 110.jpg

awaiting a new painted inner fairing

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

done. new inner fairing, actually, my old original fairing and now painted. new front and rear pads, new motormount, new primary chain shoe/gaskets, new rear tire, NEW GROUND WIRE to my speedo which no longer flicks on and off, cd player is still fooked, new tour pack hinge pins and latches, new/lightly used seat. life is good. even washed my windshield

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

one day///////.................................................. I am going to do things................................things will get done......man, I'll be smiling man.......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJu6Up9w2Hc

the no embed dump, is kakka....click the link...peace.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So, I was sitting around the homestead last saturday, didn't know whether to, migrate, rotate or jackanate.... rebate. I was kinda just conjigating the sands and trees.

Then the phone rings...caller Id sais, it is a old friend I haven't heard from in 6 months and it has been like that for years ,,he is a a busy man work/wife ..etc...

The voice on the phone sais, come outside.....I say, what ? ...voice sais, I am on your driveway.......so, I sais, huh...something new to investigate...outside in, THE WORLD.

So, I wander to the door and out in my driveway is my old buddy and his new, to him scooter..( see link) he and I have rode since we were kids and he has had 5 or 6 bikes but has been in a cage for over 10 years though he rides ATV's and such but no road bikes. He still has a 1973 BMW 600 with 9K original miles (needing full rehab in the garage).

It was a great visit he was rolling around getting a wash on his ride and just stopped by to shoot the shit.

His shadow is blue, full king queen seat with bags and extra crome. He sais it is his starter bike for him and his wife to get back in the breeze.. then onto bigger and better things.

He and I made some plans to ride this spring and ...I said, cool.

http://www.suzukicarsofmckinney.com/...ney-TX/862467/

http://photos.ecarlist.com/gE/Ym/ZM/.../J2/zw_640.jpg

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    done. new inner fairing, actually, my old original fairing and now painted. new front and rear pads, new motormount, new primary chain shoe/gaskets, new rear tire, NEW GROUND WIRE to my speedo which no longer flicks on and off, cd player is still fooked, new tour pack hinge pins and latches, new/lightly used seat. life is good. even washed my windshield

PB are these things you decided to replace excluding brake pads, ( mandatory relace often item), ...I mean,.. like the motor mount / primary gaskets, part of a 15K mile or something maintenance requirement or just things you wanted to repair..?

Did you have to pull the primary cover to get the drive belt or chain off for rear pads... and decided to replace these other items....?

Because, I need to know ...cause I am a nosey mother fucher.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

PB are these things you decided to replace excluding brake pads, ( mandatory relace often item), ...I mean,.. like the motor mount / primary gaskets, part of a 15K mile or something maintenance requirement or just things you wanted to repair..?

Did you have to pull the primary cover to get the drive belt or chain off for rear pads... and decided to replace these other items....?

Because, I need to know ...cause I am a nosey mother fucher.
    the bolts from the block to the mount bracket had been loose for some time, long story, which beat up and bent the old rubber mount. last spring, had a local shop replace my stator and the Jim's? gasket they used leaked/weeped badly after a year, so replaced it with a h.d. one. put the shoe in just cause they are cheap and the old one mighta had 20k on it. my old seat is pretty cracked from the sun out here and my buddy brought a used one with him for his winter visit. the front mount tab is broken off, but it don't go nowhere when you're sittin' on it. the tour pack hardware was to eliminate some rattlin', I should really put some new weatherstrippin' on, but that can wait. and my last inner fairing broke at the two top mounting spots where the metal brackets vibrated apart and beat on the plastic mounting spots.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

now I have a spare seat that i'm gonna get redone by an old local custom seat guy. heard nothin' but praise of his work and he's affordable. I guess he's in his late 70's or early 80's but loves to putter around in his garage. get rid of the pillow top/buttoned look with a smooth surface and some gel inserts.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sometimes it is a drag knowing how to fix things you look at your mechanic knowing your repairs may be passed off to some guy who is only at the shop for a short time and his work will be questionable.

You know you can do it cheaper and better, but sometimes busting your knucles on this or that... makes it worth paying for.

I replaced the thermostat <(edit) on my V6 car motor the other day and it took 2 hrs to evaluate and dissasemble the injection, (throttle body. intake etc, what we used to call it) to get to the thermostat, top of motor under all this mumbo jumbo.

I could replace the thermostat on my truck in 30 min..lol.

I just want to pay sometimes so I don't have to deal and I want better than me results...hard to find.

Sounds like you got some good work done or almost done and mobil again and are better for it..right on PB.

When i get rich I am going to cruise thru AZ and say hello ...don't worry it will be a few years you can evacuate and relocate before then.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 01-27-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: bad brain ..tits!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you can park your carrot in my crisper anytime

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

my buddy, dubie, is an h.d. mechanic in Wisconsin and stays with us in the winter when he is laid off. he is a kick ass technician, sucks when I gotta trust someone else to do it. I wouldn't tackle this stuff without his supervision/guidance/get the hell outta the way and let me show you the right wayness.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

now I have a spare seat that i'm gonna get redone by an old local custom seat guy. heard nothin' but praise of his work and he's affordable. I guess he's in his late 70's or early 80's but loves to putter around in his garage. get rid of the pillow top/buttoned look with a smooth surface and some gel inserts.
    I put some rear footpegs on my sporty if I get lucky...she will know I care..just not sure enough of my babe skills to buy a rear seat.

Or that I care.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you can park your carrot in my crisper anytime

but, that is where you keep the beer ?

Crisp and refreshing beer.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

my buddy, dubie, is an h.d. mechanic in Wisconsin and stays with us in the winter when he is laid off. he is a kick ass technician, sucks when I gotta trust someone else to do it. I wouldn't tackle this stuff without his supervision/guidance/get the hell outta the way and let me show you the right wayness.
    It is hard to know the way to get to things..the rerpair may be simple it's all the other jazz you have to remove and protect that is the matrix of knowlege..the tricky part.

I used to laugh at the extra parts and screws I had left over while pulling a motor on my car and replacing it....Obviously!! over kill by the manufacturer..lol..400$ toilet seat ..wtf. Like those spark plug heat shields doooo'mo'jackies just pieces of metal and I already have my exhaust bolts on and torqued ...then you see them sitting there looking like 6 more hours of work and I am out of gaskets and money...bla bla bla..lol.

I don't like that when working on things now, especially bikes...you are lucky to have this friend to show you the way...always something new to learn and sometimes a better way to do it.

34. Thanked clarathecarrot for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (01-28-2013)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The David Lee Roth=Roth Army Video Link

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...wEGmgXVJ1B8C4g

Last edited by clarathecarrot; 02-28-2013 at 08:41 PM.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My motorcycle won't start.... and they all were pregnant after the first day on the job.

I have no idea what this is.

I do know that is has nothing to do with Motorcycles.

I also know the long haired blonde won't stop calling my home number with the I love you jazz non-stop like 3 am all about this want u and jazz....

Ok I remember I hired a new pit crew for my return to flat trac racing. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-02-2013 at 02:12 PM.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

they should really have antiskid shoes

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

they should really have antiskid shoes

They should be in my livingroom working on, the slowest out of thier clothes, world record.

Or they should be out in the kitchen making my, SAMMICHES!!!

I am at that age where I just can't make up my mind, to what is best.

WARNING!!..safe for work unless your wife is looking over your shoulder or you are on the big screen at work...lol
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-02-2013 at 02:47 PM.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They should be in my livingroom working on, the slowest out of thier clothes, world record.

Or they should be out in the kitchen making my, SAMMICHES!!!

I am at that age where I just can't make up my mind, to what is best.

in the long run, sammiches

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

A thread entitled "motorcycles" couldn't be left in Non? whats with the mods here???

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Nothing. They prefer to keep the trash out of their forums, that's all.

Since most if not all of ClaraThome's posts qualify as trash, I can understand what this thread is doing in the dump.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Good to see ya Rock. I get it, but fuck these spammers. Way back when we chased them out.... It it that much different now?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    Good to see ya Rock. I get it, but fuck these spammers. Way back when we chased them out.... It it that much different now?
    clara isn't a spammer, and lounge has a hardon towards him...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

556707_10200383589567617_1557032887_n.jpg

my old shovel that a buddy has now and gettin' closer to bein' on the road. a john deere theme

Thread Information