X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shrek the Ogre
    Full On Cocktard
    • May 2007

Dave's Gag Order!!

do you really think there was a gag order to shut daves mouth? would dave ever put the ego aside? the press conference in aug, dave was quite vocal!

but since no interviews, no mag covers or mag interviews, no radio shows, could it be true!!??
  • jero
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

no

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

The 2007-08 Van-Mime-len show has been awesome!

Dave on stage all quiet ,IT ROCKS!!!

Dude has been singing at the top of his lungs for -Every- show.

Gag order ...............whoda thunkit

Some People?

Sheesh whata world .........

Why I OUGHTA!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Are you asking if he has a gag order? or do you know he does?

Comment

Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2007

I think Dave will not give any interviews until the band have completed a new album, after the current tour. I guess the band are seeing how they get on together, before they go into the recording studio to produce new material. In Dave`s book, Dave talked about being backstage at the mtv awards after their appearance, and telling Ed not to go in front of the press until there is a plan! I think this tour is the baby steps until a new album is produced, then there will be countless press.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

You are countless smart. Many more times thin, than, then say Nick for ins tance.

I think cool you are as dave!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

I don't think Dave has a gag order. I think he an Ed had a sitdown and hashed out all the things that pissed them off about eachother. Ed has always said how much he hates it when Dave runs his mouth. I think they were (and still are) both willing to compromise to get through this tour successfully. Neither one of them are going to do anything to rock the boat. Which, IMO, is smart.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

IF-

there is such a thing as a gag order, then I assume Dave was smart enough to insist on a quid pro quo "soberiety clause".

He should know much better than to let the Van Halen's hold ALL the cards.

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Apr 2005

Order?

What is so confusing about a choice to not do press? Sure it would be cool to have interviews, but they chose not to. Nothing more to it. The shows are archived and the time will come for them to decide how to share those when the shows are finished.

With the press it is usually no win anyway. Interview reviews would only distract from the shows right now. Even in this lousy economy the shows are still bringing em in droves.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Dave not talking, It is a fucking shame !!! It reminds me of a Van Hagar tour !! The sisters should let Dave be Dave !! Are we really getting the real Van Halen ? Dave can kiss the sisters ASS all he wants but it is really sad if you ask me. If he is going to be silent the whole time he is in VH he should quit again instead of KISSING ASS !! Dave roth is a loudmouth funny fucker not a ass kisser !!!

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

The gag order may have been created by Dave and imposed by Dave on himself.

Dave knows himself well, and knows that if he does interviews something that could create friction might come out. Why bother.
                      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2006

Does it really matter? No one from that band is going to outshine the Diamond. When you think of VH, you automatically think of Dave & Ed, or Ed & Dave.

Dave is paramount whether he's on the current issue of any magazine or not.....it goes without saying...

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

dave IS vh
                          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• bantonelli
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                            dave IS vh

End of story.
                            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

When Dave is silent there is bound to be something going on. Whether it's anything as formal as a "gag order", or merely an agreement between the band we will probably never know....
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...