Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

would somebody please post the full aritcle?
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
      would somebody please post the full aritcle?
      Buy the magazine.......

Comment

• katie
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Well, without Dave, the Van Halens really don't have any career or career moves left. Even the Van Halens (finally) realized as much, although it took them a bit longer to admit to themselves what everyone else (including Dave) knew quite some time ago.

It wouldn't be a shock to see the Van Halens jettison Roth after the tour is over, once their coffers are full. Realistically, the only function Van Halen can probably perform with any degree of commercial success IS to tour and bang out the oldies.

Sure, they can try to make some new music with Dave (would totally dig hearing it)...in regards to the longterm, there's just too much unknown about this current setup (Is Dave making as much as everyone else, do all four have an equal input into band decisions, do the Van Halens basically still think and act like it's their show and Dave is lucky to even BE there, etc.).

If Roth and the Van Halens are sharing managers and sharing the responsibilities and profits equally, then maybe the band has a future.

If Dave is just a hired gun for this tour, then Wolfie being the new bass player in Van Halen isn't going to matter much once Dave is let go and the band/brand name slides back into limbo.
        Cool post Terry

5 Stars going your way

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

It is an intersting article, in that Ed mentions Dave's name like 8 times. And ends it with "For me it's the fact that Iget to play with my son, by brother and Dave"....when asked about his best personal moment on tour thus far.
          This space for rent.

Comment

Working...