Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2009 @ 07:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

NFL Truths: T.O. a big part of Romo's problem

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...mo%27s-problem

The NFL Truths are back, and they include a little bit of everything, including my long list of pathetic excuses for my Ball State Cardinals losing to an inferior team.

10. Tony Romo is starting to develop quite the reputation: big-game choke artist.

His three-interception afternoon against the Pittsburgh Steelers sparked a couple of friends to text me disparaging remarks about Jessica Simpson's boy toy.

"Romo most overrated QB n history!"

"Don't get Romo hype. Sucks."

I like Romo and have a theory that he's just the latest talented QB to be undermined by a dysfunctional, bipolar relationship with Terrell Owens. It's just a theory. I'm not ready to swear to it.

But T.O. and his sideline histrionics wear on a quarterback. He's like the hot stripper you tried to clean up and convert into a real girlfriend. It's a lot of fun until the moment she has her second drink while out to eat with your parents. You unravel quicker than she does.

Romo appears to come unglued in December when the outcomes mean the most.

In three seasons as Dallas' starter, Romo's numbers the final four games of the regular season and playoffs are rather revealing. The Cowboys are 3-8 in those games. Romo has tossed 12 TDs and 15 INTs. His completion percentage drops to 58, a full six points lower than his career average.

Throw in his fumbled PAT snap in the Seattle playoff loss — his first season as a starter — and it's easy to argue that Romo struggles in the clutch.

It's probably unfair, but I blame T.O. The environment he creates with all of his ranting and raving is not one conducive to consistent QB play. Can we agree that Joe Montana was the best big-game QB in NFL history? Do you remember Jerry Rice acting like a deranged idiot on the sideline?

You can't turn a T.O. into a housewife.

9. Speaking of Owens, it's not surprising that I completely disagree with his assessment of Keyshawn Johnson's broadcasting abilities.

This week Owens called Johnson and Emmitt Smiff "dumb and dumber." Johnson and Smiff work for ESPN and have been critical of the underachieving Cowboys in recent weeks.

Look, I have no idea why Smiff would ruin the classy reputation Emmitt Smith built as a running back and dancer. Will Smith not share his NFL and "Dancing with the Stars" money with Smiff?

Whatever, I'm off topic. Johnson is blossoming into a broadcasting superstar. Once he masters the art of self-deprecating humor, Johnson could become the Charles Barkley of football.

It bothers some people that Johnson is a bit of a hypocrite. He routinely blasts Owens and others for behavior he once demonstrated as a receiving diva. It doesn't matter. Johnson is an analyst now. His criticisms seem fair, accurate, authentic and informed. Last week he suggested there was a breakdown in trust between Romo and Owens and that lack of trust explained why Romo looked to Jason Witten on critical downs. That's good stuff.

I like the whole NFL Countdown crew, but Chris Berman, Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson could be the equivalent of Ernie, Kenny and Charles.

8. A friend who works in the mailroom at the Miami Dolphins football complex intercepted this letter intended for linebacker Joey Porter.

Dear Joey:
    We just want to thank you for doing your part to promote the idea that young black men should arm themselves with handguns and shoot each other at the first sign of trouble. We watched your recent TV interview discussing Plaxico Burress' overhyped and harmless mishap. As you know, Plax's accident was a total fluke and aberration. Black men don't shoot themselves with handguns when they're at nightclubs drinking. They shoot each other. The focus on Plax is much ado about nothing. Concealed handguns, alcohol and your attitude will keep the black-on-black crime rate strong!
    Thanks again,
    Imperial Grand Wizard David Duke

7. The Baltimore Ravens have surrendered 20 total points in their last three games, and Ray Lewis is in the process of cementing his legacy as the Dick Butkus of the modern era.

Ray Ray and Butkus are the standard for middle linebacker play. Lewis has been putting it down for 13 years. He's carried the franchise for more than a decade. He's ferocious, intimidating and productive at 33. And he has the Ravens in serious playoff contention.

Will Lewis be a bigger legend than Butkus? I'm not sure. Playing in Chicago helped Butkus. It's sad to say, but maybe Ray's off-the-field troubles will enhance his legend.

6. Donovan McNabb and the Philadelphia Eagles finally won a close game, beating the Giants by six points.

Before the victory over New York, the Eagles had won their previous contests by 35, 9, 14, 13, 19 and 29. That's an average margin of nearly 20 points. Meanwhile four of Philly's five losses were of the single-possession variety. The Eagles lost to Dallas by 4, Chicago by 6, Washington by 6 and New York by 5.

My point is the Eagles are not a horrible team. They had a chance to win every game but one this season (36-7 loss to the Ravens). If the Eagles sneak into the playoffs, they're a very difficult out.

5. After spending much of the offseason campaigning for Brett Favre to return to Green Bay, I'm quite happy the Packers are 5-8 and pretty much out of the playoff picture. However, Aaron Rodgers isn't to blame for Green Bay's disappointing season.

It's Ted Thompson's fault.

After being a sturdy strength a year ago, Green Bay's defense has withered thanks to Thompson's neglect. Green Bay Post Gazette columnist Mike Vandermause does a nice job pointing out Thompson's incompetence here.

Vandermause points out that Thompson has used just five of Green Bay's 20 draft picks in 2007 and 2008 on defensive players, and only one of those players is a starter.

Vandermause doesn't speculate about Thompson's motive. I will. When you spend two years plotting the overthrow of Brett Favre, you bend over backwards trying to make sure that his successor has all the tools necessary to be a wild success.

Why else would Thompson draft Kansas State receiver Jordy Nelson with Green Bay's first pick in 2008? I love Jordy. He's going to be a terrific pro. But the Packers were stocked at receiver. It wasn't remotely a position of need. Jordy was Favre insurance.

4. On Monday, Buccaneers defensive tackle Ryan Sims made his first start since the 2005 season. On Monday, Carolina running backs DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart combine to rush for 301 yards.

Coincidence?

Not if you followed Sims' Kansas City career. After Sims' five seasons in Kansas City, I'm not sure why any team would give him a contract as a backup. Monte Kiffin is supposed to be some sort of defensive genius. I'd love to hear him explain what makes Sims an NFL-caliber defensive tackle.

3. There's a joke among comedians that George W. Bush screwed up so bad as president that he made it possible for America to elect its first black president. Cleveland comedians might crack a similar joke about Romeo Crennel.

Romeo is so bad that Clevelanders are giving real thought to supporting the idea of bringing back Marty Schottenheimer as head coach.

Damn! Someone in Cleveland needs to ask why Marty always looks best in the rearview mirror. Seriously, football fans in San Diego and Kansas City also reminisce about Marty's wonderful regular seasons.

Are regular seasons more important than playoffs? And if so, why are so many people demanding playoffs in college football?

2. I'm going to stick to the facts about the derailed bandwagon I was driving for my Ball State football Cardinals, losers to Buffalo in the MAC title game.

A. I predicted the Cardinals would go 12-0, and they did. I never mentioned 13-0. Check the original column.

B. Typical inept MAC officiating stole a Quale Lewis touchdown that would've given my Cardinals a 10-point lead in the third quarter and put the Buffalo Bulls away.

C. The MAC is stupid for holding its championship game in Detroit at Ford Field. It's a terrible environment for a poorly attended college game.

D. Ball State forfeited its emotional advantage when it announced it wouldn't travel to Idaho to play Boise State in the Humanitarian Bowl. That decision ensured the players would be flat in the MAC Championship.

E. Nate Davis had the flu and didn't play with his normal amount of high-energy enthusiasm. He's still the best pro quarterback in the college game.

F. If Ball State president Jo Ann Gora treated the football coach the way she treated the women's basketball coach, my Cardinals would make an even stronger BCS run next season.

G. Everything I said about The World Wide Misleader is 100 percent factual.

1. Whew, the shine wore off Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell quick.

Clinton Portis might have thought he was taking a shot at Zorn this week when he blasted Washington's head coach during a radio interview. The reality is Portis ensured that Zorn will be looking for a scapegoat for Washington's collapse. And Campbell will fill that role nicely.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-26-2018 @ 10:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Smile Cowboys 17 Ravens 9

Quote Originally Posted by Island Boy View Post
    Romo most overrated QB n history!"

You might be right. I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan and I can't stand when people at the Cowboys forum say he is better than Aikman and Staubach just because he already has more 300 yard passing games than both of them. With the weapons he has at his disposal he SHOULD have those gaudy stats. I don’t like his attitude on turnovers either! He always says “its part of the game.” They are loaded with weapons, so I don't understand why they are struggling to score points this season. There’s a thread at the Cowboys forum entitled “Make Your Prediction.” People have predicted the Cowboys will score over 30 points in this game, and I say there’s no way we score 30 points against that great defense of the Ravens. I love my team, but I don’t trust them in big games.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth4Life
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GO-SPURS-GO View Post
    You might be right. I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan and I can't stand when people at the Cowboys forum say he is better than Aikman and Staubach just because he already has more 300 yard passing games than both of them. With the weapons he has at his disposal he SHOULD have those gaudy stats. I don’t like his attitude on turnovers either! He always says “its part of the game.” They are loaded with weapons, so I don't understand why they are struggling to score points this season. There’s a thread at the Cowboys forum entitled “Make Your Prediction.” People have predicted the Cowboys will score over 30 points in this game, and I say there’s no way we score 30 points against that great defense of the Ravens. I love my team, but I don’t trust them in big games.

WOW a normal cowboys fan!!! That is very rare to see.

It wont even sniff Aikman until he produces in the playoffs.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Over-rated !!!

[ CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP ]

Over-rated !!!

Over-rated !!!

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

They guy has skills...one of the best around, he just has alot of mental issues...and i don't think a team will ever win a title with him on the roster.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Over-rated !!!

Over-rated !!!

Over-rated !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Boy View Post
    Tony Romo is starting to develop quite the reputation: big-game choke artist.

"Romo most overrated QB n history!"

"Don't get Romo hype. Sucks."
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-town324 View Post
    They guy has skills...one of the best around, he just has alot of mental issues...and i don't think a team will ever win a title with him on the roster.
    You guys sure know how to cheer up a fellow.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 11:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Die-hard fan here, Romo needs to step it up, a lot. The past few weeks he has been totally unable to throw down field with accuracy.

but I get to go to the final game at Texas Stadium on Saturday, it will be a day to remember. I need to figure out what I'm going to steal as my personal memorabilia.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They guy has skills...one of the best around, he just has alot of mental issues
    If one of his "mental issues" is that he's fucking Jessica Simpson, I'd wouldnt mind having those issues....

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Just put me out of my misery already! This roller-coaster of a season comes to an end next Sunday.

Roth4Life
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

HAHAHA FN Cowboys!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...-Texas-Stadium

IRVING, Texas (AP) - All the hoopla surrounding the farewell to Texas Stadium was supposed to fire up the Dallas Cowboys. Well, it got to the Baltimore Ravens, too.

Feeling like they were a hand-picked foe set up for failure, the Ravens refused to play the stooge.

Matt Stover, who sold programs outside the stadium as a kid growing up in the area, kicked four field goals to wipe out an early deficit, then Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain ripped off long, record runs each time the Cowboys got close in the final minutes, sending Baltimore to a 33-24 victory on Saturday night and a step closer to the playoffs.

"It wasn't a homecoming game. It was more like a mock funeral," McGahee said. "We spoiled their day. It was probably the best concert ever in Irving, Texas."

Tony Romo tried to add one last memory to the long list of great games played under the hole in the roof, throwing touchdowns to Terrell Owens and Jason Witten in the final 3:50. Each score got the Cowboys within two points, but the Ravens refused to buckle.

On Baltimore's first snap after T.O.'s touchdown, McGahee broke through a line bunched up to stop the run and ran 77 yards for a touchdown. It was the longest of his career and it tied the longest ever by an opponent at Texas Stadium. McClain broke that record on the Ravens' next snap, going 82 yards for the longest touchdown of his career.

"We wanted to be party crashers," linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "I hope they enjoyed their little ceremony. I guess we were kind of like the dynamite."

The Ravens (10-5) bounced back from a controversial last-minute loss to Pittsburgh to win for the fourth time in five games. With only the AFC's sixth seed up for grabs, Baltimore is guaranteed of getting in with a victory over Jacksonville at home next weekend.

In addition to the homecoming theme, the Ravens also were motivated by Dallas offensive coordinator Jason Garrett opting to remain with the Cowboys after interviewing to become Baltimore's coach last offseason.

"I wonder what team he wishes he was coaching tonight?" Suggs said.

The Cowboys (9-6) lost for the second time in three weeks, rekindling talk of their December disasters. While they can still get an NFC wild-card berth, this loss makes it tougher. They'll go to Philadelphia next Sunday needing a win and, perhaps, some help. Dallas' loss clinched a playoff spot for the Carolina Panthers.

"We've got to come back next week, try to win 10 games and see what happens," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said.

The loss combined with temperatures sinking from the mid-40s at kickoff to about the mid-20s certainly hurt the mood and attendance of the postgame party.

Only about half the crowd of 63,800 remained for the ceremony that featured introductions of about 100 former players, including 12 members of the Ring of Honor. Emmitt Smith, Roger Staubach and Jerry Jones were among the speakers.

Banners from the five Super Bowls won during their 37 seasons here, and another honoring Smith becoming the NFL's career rushing leader, were lowered from the rafters and will be moved to the new stadium, a $1.1 billion, 100,000-seat palace going up in nearby Arlington.

The Cowboys finished 213-100 in regular-season and postseason games at the home they moved into in 1971, going 6-2 this season.

"We wanted to add to the history, we wanted to add to the celebration," Owens said. "Obviously, we didn't do that. We made history, but not the way we wanted to."

The Cowboys jumped ahead 7-0 on a 2-yard touchdown by Tashard Choice, only the fourth rushing TD allowed by the Ravens all season. It was set up by DeMarcus Ware getting his NFL-leading 20th sack, which also caused Baltimore's Joe Flacco to fumble.

But Dallas couldn't build on it, mostly because Romo never got in sync the first three quarters. His struggles seemed more because of the Baltimore defense than the back injury that slowed him all week. He finished 24-of-45 for 252 yards, with two first-half interceptions. Ed Reed had both, tying for the NFL lead with seven. Steelers safety Troy Polamalu also has seven interceptions.

Baltimore went up 16-7 on Stover's kicks and a touchdown catch by Derrick Mason, who kept playing despite leaving twice with an aggravation of a dislocated left shoulder. Flacco was 17-of-25 for 149 yards and was sacked five times.

McLain finished with 22 carries for 139 yards and McGahee had eight carries for 108 yards. Dallas had given up only about 100 yards rushing until the victory-sealing runs.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Certainly we can make fun of the Cowboys in one thread instead of two... Moving this into the other one....

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Romo is certainly carrying a huge monkey on his back..I am hoping to see the day he finally wins a big one.
    Owens is a cancer..I swore my fave team off the day he signed..but no other team can keep my interest like Dallas. I dont see em making the playoffs after losing to Baltimore..that was a huge fuckin loss.
    Owens is a good receiver but the guy just kills a teams chemistry..they need to drop his ass if they are gonna win... way too much drama.

Roth4Life
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Certainly we can make fun of the Cowboys in one thread instead of two... Moving this into the other one....

Awwwww come on..........there should be making fun of the cowboys on every page!!!

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Romo is certainly carrying a huge monkey on his back..I am hoping to see the day he finally wins a big one.
    Owens is a cancer..I swore my fave team off the day he signed..but no other team can keep my interest like Dallas. I dont see em making the playoffs after losing to Baltimore..that was a huge fuckin loss.
    Owens is a good receiver but the guy just kills a teams chemistry..they need to drop his ass if they are gonna win... way too much drama.
    What has he done that has "ruined" the Cowboys? Everything bad about him since he has been on the team has been exagerated by the media.

People need to stop looking at T.O. as the problem and put some blame on Romo.

I was at the game last night and was astounded at how Romo could throw to a running back non-stop, but totally neglect the 2 all-pro recievers and the best tight end in the game. It is retarded. Of course the media won't report it but last night Romo got a healthy amount of booing. This goes for Jason Garrett too, what kind of offense is he running, his play calling is piss poor.

The cowboys are so lucky that everyone lost today.

on the bright side the closing ceremony for the stadium was awesome.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redballjets88 View Post
    I agree....

For as much as I despise Owens, I agree....

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I agree....

For as much as I despise Owens, I agree....
    R(H)omo is a Favre clone, only not as good....

He takes WAY too many chances.

I mean the guy is my fantasy QB, and he can put up mad numbers...

But he's too mistake prone right now to be a championship caliber player.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Cowboys need to go out and get Holmgren.

He'd do wonders with Romo.

Also, T.O. is a douche and Jerry Jones needs to leave the football to the experts.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What has he done that has "ruined" the Cowboys? Everything bad about him since he has been on the team has been exagerated by the media.

Didn't say he ruined Dallas..said he was not healthy for the team..or ANY OTHER team he has played on..Philly got to the big one with TO..lost..Owens whined..Dallas doesnt need TO..the team that wins the Super Bowl is not gonna have Owens on the roster.
    Romo is a huge part of Dallas' problem this year..but they couldnt win without him this year either.He learns to throw the ball away and all will be fine.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

IMO the coach blew up the team, he's a weak personality change after
    parcells left..now the inmates run the asylum & its gone way south..

(Thinking outside the box)
    I think a trade back to Philly would be in the best interest for T.O.

I think Mcnabb would relish to have him back & Jerry Traded detroit for this
    scenario in 2009 Terrell wont be a Cowboy IMO..

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Until he wins a playoff game or 2, he will be know as the guy who couldnt win the big one

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Until he wins a playoff game or 2, he will be know as the guy who couldn't win the big one
    agreed, i don't get how the media hyped this kid out to being the next aikman
    lmfao..thats not really fair to him, troy wasn't all that till his 3-4th year.
    i kinda hope he turns it around without Owens..

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Holy fuckin shit...this is absolutely embarrassing...How in the hell do you come into this game in Philly as unprepared and fucked up as Dallas has ..Romo is playing like shit..bottom line..AGAIN..WHEN IT COUNTS..
    So long Wade Phillips..and who knows who else..

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We New York Giants fans would like to say, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA".

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Over-rated !!!

Over-rated !!!

Over-rated !!!

x2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

everyone on the coaches staff needs to get fired. period. and we need to draft a replacement for romo, that way when Romo starts fucking up in the least next year we can just bench his dumb ass.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Didn't say he ruined Dallas..said he was not healthy for the team..or ANY OTHER team he has played on..Philly got to the big one with TO..lost..Owens whined..Dallas doesnt need TO..the team that wins the Super Bowl is not gonna have Owens on the roster.
    Romo is a huge part of Dallas' problem this year..but they couldnt win without him this year either.He learns to throw the ball away and all will be fine.
    T.O. has done nothing but speak his mind. Fuck if I was one of the most talented athletes on earth, and was getting paid millions to do my job, I too would be fuckin pissed if I got thrown to 2 times.

Just think back to the days of playin two hand touch, its never fun to run up and down the field to never even be looked at.

I blame Jason Garret for not being able to adjust once the entire league figured out how his offense ran.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DlocRoth View Post
    R(H)omo is a Favre clone, only not as good....

He takes WAY too many chances.

I mean the guy is my fantasy QB, and he can put up mad numbers...

But he's too mistake prone right now to be a championship caliber player.

Prognosticator of prognosticators.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Smile I do too! But....

I blame Jason Garret for not being able to adjust once the entire league figured out how his offense ran.
    They are not executing! How many under or over thrown balls have we seen this year from Romo? How many times have you heard the commentators say that the receivers route was poorly ran? Jason called perfect pass play for a TD to Miles against the Ravens, Tony over threw him. Jason called ANOTHER perfect pass play to T.O for a TD, but T.O lost the ball in the lights and he didn’t catch it. That’s 14 blown points against one of the best D’s in the league because they didn’t execute the play. Norv’s offense was very predictable in the early 90’s, but teams couldn’t stop them. Why? They were executing. Reggie White once said after Green Bay’s loss to our Cowboys in the NFC Championship that he could tell you the 7 plays the Cowboys ran all day, but they just couldn’t stop them. Irvin’s slant, post and hook routes, Emmitt’s lead draws up the middle and Novacek’s seem routes were run to perfection. When Gregg Popovich calls a “4 down” play with his hand, every coach and player knows that means give it to Tim Duncan in the post. That’s predictable! But not very many players or teams have stopped Tim, because he exucutes that play to almost perfection. I’ve been a huuuuge Cowboys fan since 1976 and It hurts me to say that this team is over-rated. They’re a “paper tiger” with no heart and decipline.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GO-SPURS-GO View Post
    They are not executing! How many under or over thrown balls have we seen this year from Romo? How many times have you heard the commentators say that the receivers route was poorly ran? Jason called perfect pass play for a TD to Miles against the Ravens, Tony over threw him. Jason called ANOTHER perfect pass play to T.O for a TD, but T.O lost the ball in the lights and he didn’t catch it. That’s 14 blown points against one of the best D’s in the league because they didn’t execute the play. Norv’s offense was very predictable in the early 90’s, but teams couldn’t stop them. Why? They were executing. Reggie White once said after Green Bay’s loss to our Cowboys in the NFC Championship that he could tell you the 7 plays the Cowboys ran all day, but they just couldn’t stop them. Irvin’s slant, post and hook routes, Emmitt’s lead draws up the middle and Novacek’s seem routes were run to perfection. When Gregg Popovich calls a “4 down” play with his hand, every coach and player knows that means give it to Tim Duncan in the post. That’s predictable! But not very many players or teams have stopped Tim, because he exucutes that play to almost perfection. I’ve been a huuuuge Cowboys fan since 1976 and It hurts me to say that this team is over-rated. They’re a “paper tiger” with no heart and decipline.

everything you said is tru, but when Garrett is unable to change simple protection styles to stop blitz schemes it says a lot. The cowboys need discipline. Just look at the penalties all year, it is appauling. Phillips is not the kind of coach that can handle the types of players on the team.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Again, I still am flabbergasted on Jerry wanting to Keep Phillips on payroll
    tells you hes a stubborn bonehead & doesn't like to admit Wade was
    a mistake & he will never tell you Parcells or Jimmy Johnson were the
    reason this team was better off, he wants all the credit, if i was a ticket holder
    i'd willingly dump my season tix if wade isn't fired by the superbowl..
    he obviously doesn't want to improve.

Thats just plain stupid ownership there, no offense fellas he's
    a fucking idiot.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Smile

everything you said is tru, but when Garrett is unable to change simple protection styles to stop blitz schemes it says a lot.
    The best plays to stop a blitz happy defense are quick slants and screens. I don't believe Garrett's offense has any. The NFC East teams like to blitz, so it's stupid not to have those plays in your playbook.

The cowboys need discipline. Just look at the penalties all year, it is appauling. Phillips is not the kind of coach that can handle the types of players on the team.
    He takes the freakin blame for penalties. No wonder players like to play for him. I like him as a human being, just not as a head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. The dude is waaay too nice to be a head coach.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by redblkwht View Post
    Parcells or Jimmy Johnson were the
    reason this team was better off.
    We have not won a play-off game since Jimmy's players left.

a fucking idiot.
    It's hard to offend us when your talking the truth. Jerry IS becoming another Al Davis.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

a fucking idiot.
    You're not telling us anything we didn't already know! The egotistical owner is what's wrong with the Cowboys. He needs to swallow his pride and hire a GM to make personel decisions. But you know that'll never happen.

Thread Information