What does David Lee Roth have in common with Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart & Bob Seger?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RogueHorseman
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

What does David Lee Roth have in common with Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart & Bob Seger?

The answer...

None of them have "perfect pitch". BUT, and its a big but (no Sammy pun intended ) they've all got tons and tons of SOUL... raw emotion, guts, attitude, ballz, call it what you may. The real stuff. The stuff rock legends are made of.

Sam really doesn't have much of any of the aforementioned qualities... not as a vocalist, and certainly not as a writer. Still the Samites want to slag David for his singing voice. Idiots. As if Sammy puts Darryl Hall or Joe Perry to shame or something... please.

Go tell it to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... Go tell 'em Bob Dylan doesn't belong. That Jagger dude, hey he only "talk sang" on all those Some Girls tracks, he's no legend. Zeppelin? Oh man, that Robert Plant, he has aged and, damn him straight to hell, because he sounds a little different than he did back in '72.

Give me the real, earthy, gritty rock over some plastic cowboy sh*t any and every day of the week... twice on Sundays.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

amen, brother...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
      The answer...

None of them have "perfect pitch"but they've all got tons and tons of SOUL... raw emotion, guts, attitude, The real stuff rock legends are made of.

Give me the real, earthy, gritty rock over some plastic cowboy sh*t any and every day of the week... twice on Sundays.

Tha's riiiiiight
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
        Commando
        • Mar 2004

Yup this is what I've been saying too. Who's a better rock signer - Spammy or John Lydon? They'd probably say Spam.

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Re: What does David Lee Roth have in common with Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart &amp; Bob Seger?

The answer...

None of them have "perfect pitch". BUT, and its a big but (no Sammy pun intended ) they've all got tons and tons of SOUL... raw emotion, guts, attitude, ballz, call it what you may. The real stuff. The stuff rock legends are made of.

Sam really doesn't have much of any of the aforementioned qualities... not as a vocalist, and certainly not as a writer. Still the Samites want to slag David for his singing voice. Idiots. As if Sammy puts Darryl Hall or Joe Perry to shame or something... please.

Go tell it to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... Go tell 'em Bob Dylan doesn't belong. That Jagger dude, hey he only "talk sang" on all those Some Girls tracks, he's no legend. Zeppelin? Oh man, that Robert Plant, he has aged and, damn him straight to hell, because he sounds a little different than he did back in '72.

Thrice on Christmas, Cinco de Mayo, and every fuckin' holiday ever concieved.
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
            Yup this is what I've been saying too. Who's a better rock signer - Spammy or John Lydon? They'd probably say Spam.

Johnny says:

Fuck this and Fuck that
            Fuck off Sammy Hagar
            You cheesy prat
            We don't want a singer who
            looks like that
            I don't want capri pants that
            look like that......
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Johnny says:

Fuck this and Fuck that
              Fuck off Sammy Hagar
              You cheesy prat
              We don't want a singer who
              looks like that
              I don't want capri pants that
              look like that......
              They all drowned when the air turned blue
              ´Cos we didn´t give a toss
              Filthy lucre, ain´t nothing new
              But we all get cash from the chaos

The time is right to do it now
              The greatest rock´n´roll swindle
              The time is right to do it now

Comment

• madraoul
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

Piss off you preening snifters! Dave and Mick are rock gods! Rod Stewart and Seger are fucking clown shoes. Sounds like a certain aforementioned "cheesy prat", eh? YARBLES I SAY! YARBLES TO YOU ALL!

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by madraoul
                  Piss off you preening snifters! Dave and Mick are rock gods! Rod Stewart and Seger are fucking clown shoes. Sounds like a certain aforementioned "cheesy prat", eh? YARBLES I SAY! YARBLES TO YOU ALL!
                  Roger that bit about Dave ya fookin' tufted titmouse! But Mick...e's just been knighted for fucks sake, the bastard wields an ice lollie for a sword and malcontempts his illegitimates....

Comment

• hot for david
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

The answer...

that's right , that's the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
                    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

• madraoul
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Aye, this yarn has me weebly about the undercarriage. Sir Mick has unsheathed the mighty Excalibur to many maiden fair, and as tale doth tell it, he does so to this very day. The same is true with Lord Dave. All else is nothing more than a droll utterance from a sceething poofter.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

They all love drugs and cant keep a steady relationship ??
                        Yuk Yuk...

Just Kidding, I get the comparisons.. Bob Seger is a funny one to throw into that mix. Does he still get around ? Havent heard anything about him in OZ for 25 years... (Could be more ?)
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          ...Bob Seger is a funny one to throw into that mix. Does he still get around ? Havent heard anything about him in OZ for 25 years... (Could be more ?)
                          Bob was welcomed into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame just this past year after being overlooked his first couple of shots.

Always underrated to a degree, like Roth, IMO.

Segar writes great lyrics and bares real emotion spanning a wide range from, say, the serious and heartfelt Against The Wind to raw raunch on I just LOVE to watch her STRUT!...

The land of OZ, huh? My daughter has lived next door in NZ for the past year and a half and loves it there.
                          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Waitin' for a bowel move...

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Bob was welcomed into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame just this past year after being overlooked his first couple of shots.

Always underrated to a degree, like Roth, IMO.

Segar writes great lyrics and bares real emotion spanning a wide range from, say, the serious and heartfelt Against The Wind to raw raunch on I just LOVE to watch her STRUT!...

The land of OZ, huh? My daughter has lived next door in NZ for the past year and a half and loves it there.
                              I quite like some of that old Bob Seger stuff, but I didnt know if he was still around. Does he still perform ?
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...