The Top Jimmy rumor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loons The Great

Originally posted by rustoffa
    If the pinball machine is part of his effects board, that dude's got alot of gear to haul around!!
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
      If the pinball machine is part of his effects board, that dude's got alot of gear to haul around!!
      So, does that mean he gets a replay whenever he plays the solos right?
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
        So, does that mean he gets a replay whenever he plays the solos right?
        Not at all, it doesn't mean anything!! You know, now that I think about it, and if that pinball machine is old? The dude could slap a fusible link between his delay, and all the bumper circuits on the pinball machine, and send the entire rotating cast of King Crimson, and himself, to a shallow grave!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
          LOL!!!

Too bad he didn't die, we would have never had this Van Hagar bullshit and Eddie couldn't have ruined his own life and career the way he has...
          True that. Had he died suddenly in 1985, he'd be considered one of the top five guitarists to ever walk the planet and he'd been utterly fucking revered today as a genius of the instrument...the whole Jimi/Randy reverence would apply, essentially...

Of course, he's given us all so many reasons to avoid those sort of comparisons over the years...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jharp84
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
            He could have just had a guitar for that one song though.

It was recorded on a stereo guitar...that may have had a little to do with it too.
            Yes it was called the "ripley" stereo guitar! I would guess, it was too much hassle to play live! I have the guitar world article regarding this! It was also used drop dead legs I believe, the mag is packed away! And most important! If you never saw a movie called the "WILD LIFE" It is the sequel to fast times at ridgemont high" With the background MUSIC CONTAINS EDWARD EXCLUSIVE INSTRUMENTALS During the "BROWNSOUND ERA OF CVH before they broke up! The intro and outro of movie contain an AWESOME EVH Classic little jam! Also Jump part two is played during the credits! BAD NEWS- NOT ON DVD YET! ANY fanatics out there I have a copy from vhs high fi can transfer to dvd! Not a 10 but a watchable 8! For trade!!

Comment

Working...